3/13/13 -- Share (Part 5)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Share (Part 5)
Pairings:ShoxAiba, Jun, Ohno
Genre:Fluff, Preschool AU, Angst, Friendship
Rating:PG
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1291
Summary:Sho realized that Masaki would live without parents. So he made a decision.

 


It was when Masaki’s father had been taken away by a police car that an ambulance immediately came after. Two men dressed in a white shirt tucked into their black pants ran towards with a stretcher in between them. When Sho saw this, he was worried for Masaki. What if they hurt him? What if they failed to hold him and he falls? Before the men even had the chance to pull Masaki up, he stood in front of them.

“Don’t take him!” He begged as he swiftly moved from side to side. “I’ll... I’ll bring him home!”

“It’s ok,” He hears Jun from behind them say. “They won’t hurt him. They’ll help him.”

The man was right. Sho had seen these types of men from the morning news his dad tunes into every morning, and they were a great help to the hospital. But that doesn’t mean he can easily trust them.

“Then...Can I come?”

Jun raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure? You’re preschool looks like they were in a panic mode.”

“Eh,” He shrugged, “At least I’m gone for a good reason.” Also because he didn’t want to go back to that boring place where it’s filled with heartless cretins. All the teachers there weren’t even helpful adults while all the other children conformed with each other, having no opinions for themselves whatsoever. Besides, his real friend was outside and he needed his help.

“Fine by me,” Jun finally agreed. “But you have to call your parents first.”

“Ok.” With that said, he took the cellphone Jun offered him and dialed his dad’s cell phone number. His dad didn’t answer after a couple of rings so he tried his mothers.

“Hello?!” Came a surprisingly loud voice at the end of the line.

“Mom? It’s me, Sho...”

“Sho!” She yelled, the usual calmness gone from her voice. “Where have you been?!”

“I... I went to help a friend...”

All of a sudden, his mom begins to sob. “You promised me,” She cried. “I... I thought you were gone for good...”

“But I’m right here!” He laughed, trying to make light of the situation. He may have worried her, but it was because he did it for a good thing. However, it didn’t work. All he could hear at the other end was dead silence and deep sighing.

“Come home this instant,” She says, her voice sounding deep and serious. “I want to see my baby.”

“Mom, I can’t... please, just let me go see my friend.”

“Is it much more important than me?”

“Mo-- I...”

It was the first time he had heard his mother like this, and it was worse experiencing it through the phone. He couldn’t see her face, nor see the anger in her eyes (if she was angry at the moment; he really couldn’t tell). But the longer she dragged this, she’ll only make Masaki’s condition worse. As she continued to babble on, Sho hung up. For the first time, he had cut her off and disobeyed her. At least, it was for a good reason, right? After handing the phone back to Jun, they followed after the men.



“Bl...lood...” Masaki mumbled as he brought his hand up to Sho’s face. “H...urt?...”

“Don’t talk,” Sho immediately hushed him, afraid that he’ll get hurt even more if he did. He’s completely forgotten about his scar when he had seen Masaki lying helpless on the floor earlier. “It doesn’t hurt. Just rest, Masaki.”

“O...K...”

Soon, his friend fell to sleep. Although Masaki looked unappealing to Sho at the moment, he couldn’t care less. Just watching Masaki sleep like a baby was enough to tell him that he’ll be okay. Even with a bunch of bruises and cuts, he’ll make it through.



“Jun-san,” Sho nudged the sleeping man awake as a doctor finally came out from behind the kid’s medical area. “Wake up.”

Jun’s eyes immediately flew open and he was already on his feet. As he came to a stop a feet away from the doctor, Sho noticed how much taller he was compared to the doctor. The doctor, on the other hand, looked at the both of them with sleepy eyes as if he had just woken up from a nice nap. “How’s he doc?”

“Ah! Jun~” The doctor sighed, his hand resting on said man’s shoulder. “How have you been?”

“Forget about me,” He snapped. “How’s Masaki-kun?”

“Oh, he’s in good condition. He survived, and it’s all thanks to...” He whistled, his eyes moving around before meeting Sho’s eyes. “What’s your name, young man?”

“Sho... Sakurai Sho.”

“Ah! Sakurai-kun! I’ve heard of your father, he’s--”

“Ohno-san!” Jun snapped again, sounding much more irritated than last time. “Will you please tell us more?”

The sleepy man careened away from Sho and surprised him when his face became dead serious. It was as if the next thing he was going to say was bad as well.

“Masaki-kun... is unfortunately in a coma... We believe he’s recovering from a state of shock as to what happened. And it doesn’t look like it’s his first time being abused either. How long did you say this has been going on?”

Coma? Sho whimpered. Does that mean he’ll... No, he’s in deep sleep, and it did not mean he was going to die. He knows very well since he had read one of his father’s untouched medical books that a coma only mean the person was deep asleep.

“Can I see him now?” Sho asked, cutting him off in the middle of their hushed conversation. When the sleepy doctor nodded his head, Sho was quick to run inside of the area. As soon as he made it in, he was standing in front of a very colorful hallway compared to the one he was just at earlier. It reminded him of preschool, but reminded him more of the reason why he was there in the first place. He didn’t even have to walk when he saw that Masaki was the first room to the left.

He knocked even though he didn’t have to as he entered. “Are you here Masaki?” He knows the boy won’t answer since he was asleep, but he was hoping he would from the sound of his voice. Unfortunately, he didn’t. Masaki lay asleep on the bed, his chest slowly heaving up and down.

Sho never took his eyes off of him as he dragged a stool with him. After positioning it right besides Masaki’s bed, he sat there. He didn’t say anything, not even a word to encourage him to wake up. Instead, he grabbed the small hand and clasped it tightly.

He realized, since seeing him now, that he was fatherless and motherless. No one would be besides Masaki except a bunch of strangers who would probably scare him to death right when he woke up. It won’t be his parents to be there, laughing and crying out tears of joy when their son had finally woken up from a long sleep.

Sho decided. It was now or never.

“I’ll bring you home,” He says, “I’ll let you have my mom and my dad too. Then... we’ll love you! And you can make those cookies so we can all share it together!”

Of course, Masaki couldn’t reply. Either way, he’s taking him home and he won’t let anyone take Masaki. Not when he had finally made a friend, a good and better friend that is.

Right when he heard footsteps approach him, he turned around to see that it was Jun.

“I’ll take him home!” He tells him. “Can I?”

“He’s not a d-- Nevermind. Ok, but we’ll have to ask you parents first...”

Sho groaned. Did he really need their opinion?!

TBC