3/27/13 -- Crush

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Crush
Pairings:Aibax(Guess)
Genre:Fluff, Romance
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1106
Summary:It began in freshman year that he suddenly became interested in a student.

 


It must have started on the first day of high school freshman year. Since then, Aiba Masaki couldn’t stop staring at the handsome student in his class. He began to wonder if something was wrong with him, or his head must not be in the right place at the moment. However, no matter how many times he tried to pull his eyes from that face he couldn’t get himself to do it. Every fiber and nerves in his body stopped him from doing so.

By second semester, it got worse. His head, his eyes, and his chest were throbbing altogether whenever he spotted the student with someone else. He tried to picture that it was just a friend the student was with, but his mind wouldn’t let him. Not when the student was openly flirting with anyone he conversed with. At those times, he was able to pull his eyes away. But before he had the chance to, he caught the student looking straight at him with a smirk on his lips.

Aiba shivered as his mind replayed the student’s smirk. Did that mean he was aware of him all this time? He wasn’t so sure about it. Or maybe he was caught in an awkward position? Whatever the case, he wished it wasn’t the first one. It would be embarrassing and he wouldn’t be able to live if the student was aware of him this whole time. Though a small part of him wished it was true meaning that the student knew he existed.



Surprisingly, first year went by smoothly. Aiba was able to pass all of his classes with flying colors and he was allowed to rest before second year began. However, his resting period was shortly interrupted. The second week into his vacation, his parents suddenly left him a note saying that they went to vacation out of the country with a couple of friends. And those friends left him a guest to stay with him while the adults were away.

It was him, the handsome student from his class. He never would have thought that he’ll see him again until second year begins, but there he was, resting on their living room couch.

Great, just great.

Aiba ran up to his room that day, ignoring his stomach growling for food. As much as he needed to eat, he couldn’t bring himself with that student downstairs. He’d rather be starved than stay in the same room as him...

It was already the second day and he couldn’t take it anymore. He had to eat something or else he’ll kill himself for skipping his meals. After making sure the coast was clear, he ran downstairs in hopes of making a quick snack to take with him to his room. When he made it to the kitchen, however, he stopped and stood frozen to the floor.

“Yo.”

He couldn’t get his mouth to open, or let out a single sound to respond back. He thought that the student went out somewhere with his friends so he didn’t expect him hanging around his kitchen. Yet there he was, leaning against their marble counter with a cup of coffee in his hands. And besides him were two plates of what looked like pasta that came from a luxurious italian restaurant.

“I thought you might be hungry... I haven’t seen you step out of your room since I came, so I hope you don’t mind if I used the kitchen.”

Again, he didn’t respond. When he didn’t, the student gave him a questioning look.

“Aiba-san? Are you--”

His breath hitched when the student was suddenly the only view in front of him. He hadn’t realized he was just a feet from him until he felt his warm breath on his arms. Without thinking, he turned around and was ready to run. He was unable to escape when his feet got caught in something warm and fuzzy. Damn, he forgot about Rex’s bed in the kitchen.

“Are you ok?” The student asked him after he landed on the floor with a loud thud.

“I-I’m fine,” He answered right away when he saw the student was about to pick him up from the floor. As he helped himself up, however, he fell back down.

“Let me help you,” The latter insists, “I promise I’ll leave you alone after.”

It was of no use trying to escape when his ankle throbbed in pain. Having no other choice but to say yes, he gave in and allowed the latter to help him to the living room...

“Does that hurt?”

Aiba hissed in pain as he pulled his foot back instinctively from the student’s hands. He was massaging him even though he didn’t ask for it, and it didn’t look like he was going to leave him alone as he promised.

“I know something about you Aiba-san.”

He pulled his gaze away from the floor and locked his eyes on the latter’s face but his eyes. The sudden claim the student blurted out of nowhere pulled him from the pain his ankle was suffering from.

The student smirked. “Did I surprise you?”

“N-no...”

“Well at least I got you to look at me again... I wished you did that more often.”

So he knew?!

“I... I... “Aiba couldn’t think of anything to say at all. His mind went completely blank on him.

“I’d like it if you weren’t avoiding my eyes. I’ve been watching you too, you know. When I heard that your parents were friends with yours, I didn’t go with them just to be here. With you, Aiba-san...”

“I... What’s going on?” He finally asked, confused about everything going on at the moment.

“I know you like me, Aiba-san, the same way I feel about you too...”

“Wh--”

He was cut off when he felt a hand on his chin. His head was slightly tilted up, causing him to finally meet eye-to-eye with the latter. Before he could finally understand what was going on, his mind went completely blank. He was unable to think with the student giving him small pecks on his lips.

“I’d like to try us out,” He says after pulling away from his face. “I can’t stand having just a crush on you.”

“I...”

Aiba was unable to answer back when he suddenly felt light headed. By the time he finally understood the situation, his head fell back and the world went dark...



Second year began right after vacation had ended. It seemed like it was only for a short time, but it was a summer worth remembering. The summer when his crush, Matsumoto Jun, became his boyfriend.

END