4/30/13 -- Detective

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Detective
Pairing:AibaxArashi
Genre:Fluff, Humor
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:572
Summary:Someone accidentally caused red juice to fall on Jun's new carpet. Meanwhile, Aiba observes who the culprit was.
 

 


Aiba looked to his friend with uncertainty before eyeing the shattered glass on the floor. The liquid that was in it looked like blood on the new carpet Jun bought last week. Who's ever fault it was, it definitely wasn’t him. It must be Nino, he assumed.

“What?” Nino scowled. “It wasn’t me.”

It might not have been him, but still. Aiba eyed him suspiciously once more before moving his attention to Sho. Maybe it’s him since he must have knocked it over when he was passing by with his newspaper in his arm. Humming thoughtfully, he narrowed his eyes on Sho.

“Try someone else,” He says from behind the newspaper.

Yet another victim, Aiba nodded. This time, though, it could be between Sho and Nino since they were the only ones awake, and present, other than Ohno who was probably fast asleep somewhere (he hadn’t seen him since yesterday).

“It’s one of you, I know it,” Aiba said. “One of you must have knocked that over. You know, Jun-san wouldn’t like his carpet getting soiled all the time.”

“We know,” the both of them mutter in unison.

“But it’s not me,” Sho says.

“Me neither,” Nino followed.

“Then who is it?” Aiba wondered. “The culprit is in this room unless it was a ghost.”

Just then, he heard the sounds of footsteps. Alarmed, the turned around thinking that it was a ghost, but it turned out to be none other than Jun. At first, the young man greeted his friends subtly with a hello, but to Aiba’s disdain, Jun didn’t greet him and instead his eyes immediately went to the carpet.

His shoulders tensed. “Who did it?” Jun asked calmly at first.

No one answered. Aiba, on the other hand, was pointing his fingers towards Sho and Nino, but Jun ignored him.

“Who did it?” He asked again, his voice giving off a spark.

Uh oh, he’s pissed.

Yet again, no one answered.

“Who--”

“Don’t look at us,” Nino finally spoke, yet he hasn’t looked up from his DS. “Ask Aiba.”

“Why would I--”

Jun’s eyes narrowed on him and their eyes finally met. At first, Aiba was glad that Jun finally gave notice of him. However, his eyes averted elsewhere: his lips. Aiba blushed.

“Oh, Jun...”

“You idiot!” He fumed, obviously angry by now. “You clean this up and get me a new one! I told you to be careful.”

“But I--”

“Just clean it,” Jun cut him off. “Or else...”

“Or else what?”

“You’ll see,” Jun muttered mysteriously as he began to walk away. “In time, you’ll see.”

Soon, he was gone, disappeared in his own room.

Aiba, on the other hand, wailed. It wasn’t his fault! He was the one who was just there, standing innocently when he heard the shatter of a glass. But before he went ahead to clean, Nino handed him a mirror.

“What is it?” Aiba asked curiously, taking the mirror from him.

“The reason why you can’t play a detective in real life, Aiba.”

“What--”

Aiba cut himself off after taking a quick look of himself in the mirror. As it turned out, the upper skin of his lips were stained with red, even the corners of his mouth had small droplets of the same red color. After seeing this, Aiba looked at the red liquid that already seeped in the carpet.

Yeah, he owed Jun a lot.
 
END