9/1/13 -- Stress

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Stress
Pairings:ShoxAiba
Genre/Rating:Fluff, Office AU-ish / G
Word Count:272
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Sho felt completely drained until he got a call from Masaki.
 



Sho stared at the paperwork before him as he chewed on the cap of the pen. He was supposed to have done the work earlier, but there were so many meetings he had to attend that he was unable to touch the paperwork he had on his desk. Instead of spending a sweet night with his Masaki, he sat in his office past midnight. The only person around were him and the janitor.

However, the sound of his cellphone going off brought noise to the silent air and startled him out of his chair. When he answered it, though, his heart suddenly calmed down and an exhausted smile formed on his face.

“Masaki,” he breathed, “aren’t you supposed to be sleeping?”

“I want to sleep hearing you’re pen against the paper,” Masaki mumbled, and he could imagine a pink blush on his face.

“Is that so you could get me to work?”

“No,” Aiba yawned, “I just like it when Sho-chan’s working. It relaxes me.”

“And hearing your voice does the same,” he says.

“Ok. I’ll talk while you write. Deal?”

Sho grinned. “Deal.” With that said, he placed the phone besides the desktop and pressed the speaker button. When he began to write, Masaki spoke about his day and about anything that always interested Sho, even if what he spoke about were animals, mythical creatures, and such.

Soon, he found himself relaxing and he had finished his work by 3AM. By that time, though, Masaki had fallen asleep. He could no longer hear him talking endlessly, but he could hear him breathing heavily and slowly. He couldn’t wait to get home.

END