10/27/13 -- Bloom (Part 19/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Home Sweet Home: Bloom
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:514 Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Masa makes me feel like I'm losing my head.
Warning:Character death
 

No one understood Masa’s quirky personality except Father Ohno, Sakurai-sensei, Jun and I. Everyone always turned their heads when Masa’s laugh echoed down the hall or when he and Jun ran down the hallways playing tag first thing in the morning. At the end of the day, everyone says Masa’s a big goof ball or that one kid who liked attention. However, no one knew him better than I did: Masa’s just full of life.
 
That thought ran through my head within a second while Masa’s lips lingered a second longer on my cheeks. I’ve never seen Masa kiss anyone on the cheek, even if he was the friendliest person in this whole entire building. Did it mean anything special, that I’m the only Masa would do this to? Or was it because Masa had feelings—
 
I shook my head. There was no way that Masa would have those kinds of feelings towards me. The sisters always told us that love is only shared between man and woman, therefore same gender relationships were forbidden. I shook my head again at the thought of Masa getting punished. However, the image wouldn’t go away. As it progressed, Masa’s face suddenly morphed into mines and I could see tears streaming down my face. I was yelling, apologizing, begging even to be forgiven, yet the punishment continued. Just as I was about to yell again, I was taken back into reality.
 
I saw Masa’s face full of concern for me, his eyes searching my face for answers.
 
“You started squirming and screaming and I was scared that a bug bit you. Are you OK?”
 
I was unable to answer for a minute as I stared into Masa’s round brown eyes. What if… what if I was the one who had feelings for him? Silently I nodded, as if I answered my own thoughts, although Masa took it as a good sign and grinned from ear to ear.
 
“Good,” Masa sighed in relief. “I want some ice cream. Wanna come get some with me?”
 
I nodded yet again, as if confirming that my feelings for Masa were real. However, Masa’s grin grew wider as he pulled me up by force and dragged me along with him. As we walked towards the kitchen, my eyes were directed on Masa’s hand tightly holding mines. I felt my cheeks burn and my chest tighten as I took in the image before me. Maybe I was losing my head, or maybe I’ve been around Masa for too long. I decided not to ponder on it for too long as soon as Masa handed me a popsicle stick. Maybe, I’ll make more sense tomorrow.
 
///▴\\\
 
It didn’t help when the morning after, Masa dragged me to greenhouse. As he skipped to his roses, my heart skipped. When I heard him scream gleefully, my heart screamed excitedly. As he sat peacefully besides the rose bush, smiling softly, whispering of how proud he was of them. That was when I knew: Masa was the happiness in my life and I can’t live without him.
 
TBC