12/11/13 -- I Have Seen and Felt Love (Part 4)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Rehearsal (Part 4)
Pairings:OhnoxNino, ShoxAiba, NinoxAiba, OhnoxSho/Jun
Genre/Rating:AU, Fluff, Romance/PG-13
Disclaimer:I own nothing but this plit
Word Count:1943
Summary:“So, rehearsals start later in the afternoon,” Aiba repeated for the fifth time that day as if I had no clue about it. But I did. It’s just that… I was distracted with what happened yesterday with Ohno.


NINO

“So, rehearsals start later in the afternoon,” Aiba repeated for the fifth time that day as if I had no clue about it. But I did. It’s just that… I was distracted with what happened yesterday with Ohno. I seriously thought that he was going to ask something else, like if he wanted to be my-- I laughed nervously. No way was he going to ask if he wanted to go out with me. We barely knew each other and we barely had decent conversations! Yesterday, after Ohno had asked me if he wanted to be friends, I tried talking to him but I noticed that Ohno was bad at holding conversations. Also, Ohno spaced out so much yesterday and mumbled the word fish all the time. I wonder if he prefers fishes than humans...

"Hey, are you listening at all?"

Aiba shook me until I finally snapped out of my thoughts. I slapped his hands away in annoyance.

"I know about tomorrow's rehearsal."

"Then what's up? You look like an idiot smiling like a teenage girl who’s had her-- No way!” Aiba slapped my arm. “Did you finally hook up with Oh-chan?!”

On the day Aiba had introduced me to this guy he was interested in, in turns out that Ohno was his friend. So I told Aiba, after they left, of course, how Ohno was the guy that I saw during the audition. And since then, I’d regretted ever telling him because he keeps teasing me about him. Sometimes, I asked why in the world I even became friends with someone the complete opposite of me.

I shook my head and my friend rolled his eyes. “Wow. You’re slow. Sho-chan and I on the other hand--”

I held up my hand to shut him up. “I don’t wanna hear whatever it is you and Sakurai did. It’s probably something erted.”

Aiba pouted. “Then… are you going to make a move on Oh-chan?”

“I…” I played with my hands. How am I supposed to tell Aiba that Ohno just wanted to be friends, and that the man loved fish?! For sure, Aiba’s going to laugh at my face when I tell him. “I-I’m not into him,” I replied right away when he was gave me a suspicious look. I don’t know how, but sometimes, Aiba had the ability to read what was on my mind. Like that one time when I was wanted to get out of an awkward conversation with a senior, Aiba had noticed right away and he just pulled me rudely from the senior without saying anything.

“Lies,” Aiba countered. “Just now, you were thinking of him weren’t you?”

“N-no!” I exclaimed, causing a few students to turn in our direction. They glared at us and signaled us to be quiet. I had forgotten we were as the library to study for the English exam this Friday.

Aiba narrowed his eyes and poked me. He had an evil look on his face, and I didn’t like it at all. “You like him,” Aiba teased. “I know how you’re like when you like someone. First, you day dream and while you’re at it, you have this stupid look on your face. Then, you deny it to me but we both know you like him. Oh! I know you too well, Ninomiya.”

I snarled and pushed Aiba away. Curse him for being my best friend. “Ok, so what if I like him?” I couldn’t keep it in anymore and I decided the day that I saw Ohno so lost in our campus that I definitely like him. “It’s not like he’s interested in me anyway.”

“Oh? Why do you say that?”

“Because…” I grumbled. I can’t believe I’m about to tell him. “You better promise not to laugh.”

Aiba held up his hands and nodded as if saying that he promised he wouldn’t.

I sighed and slumped my body forward on the wooden desk. “He said he wanted to be friends with me, that’s all.”

“Oh… Oh. Oh.” Aiba said quietly and I could imagine him nodding in pity. “It’s okay. I know that for sure, you could get him to like you.”

“How?” I asked, exasperated. “He loves fishes.”

“Well… I could lend a hand…”

I sat up straight and looked at my friend doubtfully. I’ve heard him say that so many times before, but it never ended up the way I wanted it. For instance, back in middle school, I had a huge crush on our classmate Ikuta Toma (who, thank goodness, attended a difference dance school). I tried to get his attention so many times, but Ikuta only saw it as an act of kindness. Until Aiba stepped in. Aiba had suggested the day, before I was finally going to study with Ikuta at his house and have a sleepover after, to make a move on him and to show off my y side. Without thinking, I went with it, believing that it was going to work for sure. However, the next day, when Ikuta and I were about to sleep. I stripped myself, sprayed on some cologne Aiba had given me, and was about to make a move when Ikuta phoned someone and said that person was his girlfriend and questioned me about the sudden smell of cologne that entered the room along with me. Thank ing goodness I wore a bathrobe that day.

“No.”

“Aw, but I know it’s going to work this time for sure!” Aiba exclaimed and a few students glared at him and shushed him. “Sorry…”

“I don’t trust you anymore in my love life. It’ll kill me to let you be involved.”

“Aw, but Sho-chan is his best friend. I could get him to tell me about Oh-chan.”

This suggestion actually interested me and I could tell that Aiba was happy to lend a hand the moment I turned my interest towards him. For some reason, I had a feeling this time around, Aiba wasn’t going to up my love life, but I felt like a loser for going this low to know more about Ohno.

“I’ll call you tonight, then.”

“Okay.”

OHNO

Today was rehearsals and I decided to go early. I saw a few students from other schools as well, and it seemed like they were anxious and excited for today’s rehearsal as I am. I wanted to find Ninomiya, though, because I wanted to be with someone I knew. And then I saw him, standing and chatting with a few of his classmates that I had seen at the audition. I was about to walk up to him when I saw him laughing at something another student said. It was really nice, seeing him laugh because it made me feel less nervous about today.

“Oh! They opened the doors!” A student exclaimed and everyone’s turned their head towards the door leading to the main stage. I wanted to walk beside Ninomiya, but I was caught in between rushing and excited students. I didn’t see him until he took a seat on the front row. Seeing my chance, I rushed up to his side and took a seat.

“O-Ohno-san!” Ninomiya exclaimed in surprise when he saw me. “Y-You’re here, too.”

I laughed in amusement. “Of course. I’m part of the play, too, Nino-kun.” I saw him scowl and whispered the word stupid at himself. Smiling, I ruffled his hair. “You’re not stupid, Nino-kun. You’re just cute.” Ninomiya blushed red under the dim light when I had called him cute, and there was nothing better than seeing him so flushed.

“Ahem!” There was a loud feedback after the exclamation and all the clamor stopped at once as all eyes averted to the stage. On the stage stood a lavish man, dressed in expensive fabrics of silk and wool, and had the look of confidence on him. The man looked familiar, but I don’t remember where I had seen him. “Quickly take a seat, everybody!” The man demanded and everyone did as told right away.

“Today is the first day of rehearsals, as you all know. But, we are not moving to the physical practice yet.”

Everyone gave the man a confused look. Usually, the first day of rehearsal was about learning about the dance, then implying it. But this man had something in his mind and it made me curious.

“I want this to be perfect, up to the point where every cast member know each other, seeing that many of you are from different schools, and the audience will be amazed at the chemistry we have once they all watch us on opening night.”

“How are we going to do that?” A student scoffed. I recognized him as a student from our school from the sweater he wore with the school’s insignia, but I had no idea who he was.

“Today, and all this week. We are going to get to know each other by various activities.”

“This is bull!” Another student protested. “We just want to rehearse for real.”

“There was a reason I casted you,” the man snapped and glared at the student who spoke against him. “If you don’t feel like involving yourself, the door is over there.” He pointed at the doors that were still wide open. The student, however, sunk further into his seat when he realized that everyone was looking at him.

“Wait, hold on… Y-you’re Matsumoto Jun!” The student sitting beside me piped up excitedly. “I- Wow!”

I gasped. It was no wonder the man was so familiar! He was the reason why I even wanted to do ballet despite my parents’ expectations. I stared at the man, who was obviously enjoying how everyone was talking about him and giving him amazed looks. But I wondered why Japan’s renowned premier danseur noble was doing here, the smallest town and unknown dance and arts school.

“Okay, settle down,” Matsumoto demanded and everyone was silent once again. “Some of you are probably asking why I’m here… You see, I used to go to this school.” Everyone gasped and Matsumoto nodded to confirm that his words were true. “So I thought, why not come back here and visit my old school and hometown.”

“But how come you’re not one of the noted celebrities that came from this school?” The student beside me asked the question I wanted to ask as well.

“Because…” all of a sudden, the man’s confidence had died down and smiled bitterly, but it was only there for half a second. “I-It doesn’t matter. What matters right now is that everyone is here and today’s the first day of rehearsal. We shouldn’t waste time. And today, we’re going out for a drink.”

Everyone cheered and headed for the door, with Matsumoto leading them. Ninomiya and I were at the back of the group and I couldn’t contain my excitement.

“I can’t believe we got to meet Matsumoto-sama and go out to drink with him!” I piped up, but I stopped when I noticed that Ninomiya was scowling at Matsumoto. Did I say something wrong? “Are you okay?”

“It’s nothing,” Ninomiya shook his head and followed the group. “It’s just weird how we’re starting rehearsals like this.”

“Oh. Well… I look forward to getting to know you better,” I smiled and all of a sudden Ninomiya’s eyes turned soft. I grinned and brought my arm over his shoulder. From the corner of my eyes, I saw that he was blushing again. I laughed and pulled him closer. “To a great night!” I yelled happily.
 
TBC