3/15/13 -- Printed (Part 6)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Printed (Part 6)
Pairings:JunxNino
Genre:Angst
Rating:PG-13
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Warning:Character death. *OOC.
Word Count:1186
Summary:I didn't mean to knock it over, but it just happened. Everything that happened after that small accident made me lose myself.

 


I can’t say if I recovered from my broken state after crying so hard on Jun’s chest. I must have soaked his clean white t-shirt, but he told me it was fine after I had apologized a thousand times for it and for ruining his life; I’m still not sure to which he was referring to. When I had finally ran out of tears, he got up and left the room without a word.

To be honest, this was the first time I’ve seen or even slept in Jun’s bedroom. In the past, I always made sure to avoid his apartment at all cost (except for get-together parties) because at that time, I thought he hated me; let alone be alone in the same room as him. But I learned an hour ago that Jun didn’t hate me, and he was just as confused as I am.

As I sat up and wiped the dried tears on my cheeks, I made short glances around the room. I noticed that Jun was a neat freak. Everything in his room was put in order that even the books in the bookcase, a few feet from his bed, were organized by the author’s last name from the first to the last character in the hiragana chart. Besides it stood dust-free desk his.

“Nino?”

I turn my head to left to find Jun leaning his body against the frame.

“Want to eat breakfast?”

“Breakfast?” I ask him as if I have never heard of the word before. But I have; it’s just that I haven’t had one in such a long time. I shrug anyways and follow him out of the bedroom...

I’ve got to admit, his breakfast was the best one I’ve ever tasted.



Jun claimed he didn’t have work today even though I can see his calendar, on his countertop, that he had work today. He was supposed to be there an hour ago.

“Go to work,” I insist even though he told me many times that he had called in and lied that he was sick.

He shakes his head. “No, Nino. I told you I’m not leaving until I know you feel better.”

“But I do. I’m fine without you,” I lied. Despite how much feelings I had released today and ate breakfast, it didn’t do much to suffice me. I still hated myself so much more than I hate the world.

“Go,” I tell him as I push him towards the front door. “I’ll be fine.”

He sidestepped and I failed to push him to the door. “No you won’t, Nino. I’m staying here and that’s final.”

“I--”

“Stop being such a hardass. I’ll be in my room if you need me.” With that said, he left and never came out of his room for the remainder of the day; he had his door open though.

But I never went to him like I did last night. It’s not like I really needed him. I’m an adult and I’m old enough to take care of myself. However, Jun treated me like I was some stupid kid and I’ve already grown out of that age since I hit puberty in my last year of junior high. He’s not my mother and he’ll never be. He’s just a man whose miserable because of me.

I sigh deeply as I pace his wide living room. I was glad that I’m able to do it since had such minimum furnishings, or I’ll grow mad if I didn’t have the space to do it. There never was an explanation as to why I react to tight spaces, but for sure I’m not a claustrophobic. It just limits my thinking.

However, I was unable to think further when I had hit something with my knee. I hadn’t meant to do it, but it just happened. As I was about to bend down and pick it up, I stopped at the same time my heart clenched in tight knots. I must have stayed in that position for a while that I didn’t notice that my legs were starting to cramp. Then I fell on the hard floor.

I just couldn’t help it. My mind told me not to take it, but my hands were telling me differently. Once I had it, I slid it towards me. I hesitated to open it at first and when I first attempted to open it, my hands were trembling as if the temperature had suddenly dropped down. By my second attempt, I managed to open it to a random page.

And there he was smiling. Smiling so beautifully besides me and our friends.

At times like these, one would usually cry. But I reacted differently. Instead, I laughed. I laughed like some crazy hyena and went on even though my stomach begged me to stop. Every time I glanced at his handsome features, I laughed harder up to the point I felt my eyes were about to burst. It wasn’t until it was pulled away did I stop and snarled in anger.

“Give it back...” I growled, ready to pounce on Jun to get it back from him. “... It’s-- He’s mine!”

“Nino, you have got to calm down.”

“I am calm!” I yell, making it all the more obvious I wasn’t. “Now give it back!”

“Nino, it’s not healthy... I--”

I couldn’t wait any longer and I pounced on him without thinking. The both of us soon fell on the floor with Jun below me again just like the day I was ready to kill myself. I fought with him, and almost bit one of his fingers off when he still refused to give it to me.

“Give it!” I yelled again as I pulled onto his silky hair. “Give it!”

He refuses again as he threw it further from where we were. When I heard it fall somewhere with a soft thud, I ran towards it, but only to be caught by Jun again. I managed to find it, though, but he was holding the other end. So he and I wrestled for it again, pulling both ends to fight for possession. Right when I thought I was going to win, I heard a loud ripping sound echoing in the living room.

My eyebrows knit together as my anger for Jun grew even more. “You broke him!” I roared as I dived to claim the other broken half of it. As soon as it was in my hands, I carried it and rocked the thing back and forth. “Shh...” I whispered as I his shined face, “I’m here. I’ll always be here.”

“Nino, he’s--”

“I don’t want to hear it,” I snap, facing my back towards him. “Leave us alone.”

“N--”

“Get the out!”

Even though I had yelled at him to leave, he never really did. Instead, he silently lingered behind me, never saying a word as he cleaned up the mess we made. As he did so, I hugged it closer to me, denying the fact that he was gone and was mysteriously placed in a glossy, printed paper.

TBC