2/5/13 -- Follow (Part 3/12)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Follow (Part 3/12)
Pairings:AibaxNino
Genre:AU, Fluff, Friendship
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:796
Summary:Master seemed down, so I decided to bring him to a place I find interesting.
 


I learned a new word after Mondays, which was ‘school.’ I overheard master and older female master talk about it while I was eating from my gray bowl. Master said that this ‘school’ was boring and was a waste of time. On the other hand, older female master raised her voice, saying that ‘school’ is very important since it gives him education. I think this ‘school’ is where he disappears to on Mondays, and a few days after that too. Well, I’m not so sure. I’m not human after all.

After they talked about this ‘school’, master took me outside without letting me finish my food. Oh, well. I guess it has to wait later.

“Masaki...” Master breathed as he walked me outside of the house. “Do you think I’ll ever make friends?”

I looked up at him. ‘Friends?’ I barked curiously, yet again learning a new word. ‘What are friends?’

“What am I saying?!” Master threw his hands in the air. “I have you, Masaki! I... don’t need to make friends from school!”

‘Master?’

I really have no clue as to what master was saying, but I can tell it meant made him sad. The smile he always had on every morning, except Mondays, was gone. I did make him smile earlier before he ate food with older female and male masters.

‘Master!’ I barked, trying to get his attention from his silent gaze. ‘Master!’

When he finally looked at me, I pushed the back of his leg. He didn’t budge from the white-gray floor even though his attention was on me. I must have rolled my eyes when I looked at master’s confused face.

“Masaki?” questioned master. “What are you doing?”

I technically couldn’t tell him what I was trying to tell him, but I could smell it. It wasn’t that far away either. No matter how many times I pushed on his leg, he still refused to move. Instead, I took the lead and began walking from him. After a few steps, I looked behind and sure enough, master was following me.

“Masaki? Where are you taking me?”

‘Just follow me!’ I barked. ‘You’ll see...’

I guess master was concerned that I might run away from him, which is something I did not intend. He did tell me a while back that he still needed to get a few items and a leash for me (he explained that it was something to hold me while we take walks). I guess that never happened. Master was not holding onto something, instead he had his hands in his pockets. But I will never, ever run away from master.

Sure enough, we made it. I knew I smelled it right.

In fact, I have never been to this kind of place. I started smelling it three weeks ago whenever masters would take me in a fast moving objects; Oh, boy I loved sticking my head out of the hole to feel the rushing wind. I also spotted it a few times, and saw what looked like my master playing around, except that there were a lot of them. During the afternoon, though, it was almost empty.

“The park?” I heard master ask from behind me. “This is where you wanted to bring me?”

‘Yup!’ I barked even though I don’t know what ‘park’ meant. Either way, it looked so fun.

Without another word, I went on ahead without him. I ran around these weird obstacles, slipped and fell onto soft ground. When I looked up through my blocked eyes, I saw master was running towards me. Except this time, he was smiling.

“Masaki, it’s dangerous for a puppy to be on a slide! You might break your legs, you know...”

I actually didn’t know, and also because I did not know what I was doing.

“But... thanks Masaki... I--”

“Oh, cute puppy~”

Both of us look at this source of sound. He was just like master, except he looked different from master.

“T...thanks...”

“I’m Ohno Satoshi,” the other one said. “Wanna be friends?”

Master looked at me first, as if what master-like said needed my approval. Since I didn’t know what was going on, I barked anyways and master looked at the other one.

“I guess... I’m Ninomiya Kazunari...” Master told the other one, his hand shooting out from his side.

Right after, the other one asked master if “they wanted to play?” I saw master’s head make a small movement before he grabbed me off the ground. I don’t know what happened next, or what even happened at all, but what I know was that master was smiling huge again. I saw this as I ran after the two of them, trying to catch up.

TBC