2/2/13 -- Luggage

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Luggage
Pairings:JunxAiba, JunxNino (hinted)
Genre:Angst
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1186
Summary:He missed him real bad and today was the day he'll finally be able to see him again.
Warning:Character death
A/N:Listen to this in repeat as you read (I rarely do this, but it's recommended. You don't have to though, only if you want...)

 

 


 

 

It’s been long past since he’s seen him, the person he loved the most. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, and seasons had changed since he last saw him. However, today was the last day that he can finally see him again to tell him how much he loved and missed him.

Sighing happily, he looked through the window and saw that the airplane was not that far from Japan. Seeing this, he shut his eyes hoping that he can have a dream about him...

The ride to homeland seemed pretty short to him when the woman sitting besides him nudged to wake him up, but two hours had passed while he napped. Then again, he didn’t have to wait that long to see him again. As soon as he boarded off the plane, he rushed to the closest exit.

It didn’t take that much effort to find a taxi parked to the side since there were a bunch more coming in. After putting his luggage away in the trunk, he slipped in the taxi and asked the driver to step on the pedal.

Just like the airplane ride, it wasn’t long. The ride home was a pleasant one since he remembered the short dream he had about him as he napped. The driver looked at him strangely through the mirror as he had a small giggle fit to himself about a cheesy welcome home sign from him. However, that dream wasn’t going to happen. His arrival today was meant to be a surprise.

He gasped when the driver had reached the destination. His -- their -- home was still the same but to him he felt like he was moving in again. Seeing every familiar objects in their shabby apartment building he had put in his memory felt so nostalgic to see them again.

“Home...” He lightly breathed to himself after he had taken his luggage from the back trunk.

Soon after he had paid the taxi driver, he walked towards their home. It really felt like nothing has changed as he walked up to the stairs to the second floor. The stairs were still made the metal clanking sound and it felt like it was going to break down by noon. Yet it seems that the last three years since he’s gone to America showed that stairs was still as robust as if it was just added in.

He should be concerned about his own safety, but he ignored it. Seeing him again should be paid more attention to even if he had to be sent to a hospital just trying to risk his life.

“I’m home!” He announced his presence after unlocking the front door of their apartment. “I--”

He paused for a minute, waited for a reply but none came. Instead, he heard strange sounds coming not far from where he was standing. He figured he was watching those kinds of movies on pay-per-view, but that was not his character to do so. Curiously, he moved towards this faint sound trying to find the source of it. As it got louder and louder, he finally realized he was standing in front of their bedroom.

“That’s strange...” He whispered to himself as he pressed his ear against the wooden door. “I don’t remember having a TV in our room...”

Maybe he bought it because he was getting lonely? He asked himself, seeing that his thought would be the only answer. But that’s not possible, he would have told me...

His curiosity got the better of him. When he opened the door, he expected to find a TV sitting a few good feet away from the bed, but what he saw was different. It was unexpected and the years they spent loving each other had been broken.

“Masaki!” He gasped, his eyes growing huge. “Please, don’t misunderstand...”

People told him he had a strong heart, but just seeing him with another man made his heart grow weak. It made it worse since he knew who that man was, none other than his coworker from theater, Ninomiya Kazunari. “Jun...” He sniffed as he began to back away once the latter was getting up from the other man. “...I...”

“Please, Ma--”

“Don’t touch me!” He yelled, pulling his hands away from Jun. He didn’t mean to, but his instincts told him to do it.

“M--”

Masaki turned around immediately as tears came pouring out of his eyes. He ignored Jun’s desperate voice calling for him and apologizing, but it wasn’t enough. As he neared the front door, he hastily grabbed his luggage afraid that Jun would catch up; he didn’t.

He wanted to tell Jun to go back inside of the apartment since he hadn’t bothered to put anything on, but the words were stuck in his throat. He no longer wanted to acknowledge him or worry about him since Jun didn’t consider about his feeling at all.

As he zoomed faster towards nowhere, just so he could run away, his memories of the past became like nothing to him. He heard Jun screaming, “I love you!” desperately which he knew was a blatant lie. If he loved him, he would never go behind his back. After those words came out of his mouth, a loud noise sounded not far from him. It was too late. He was too muddled up in his feelings that he was too stupid to notice a car rushing towards him. His feet were numbed to the ground, terrified of what will happen next.

Behind him were the sounds of skin slapping against the cement, but Jun was too far away to save him. If he hadn’t been so stupid...

“Masaki...” Jun cried as he felt his broken body being rocked back and forth. “Please... don’t die...”

“Lug... gage...” Masaki choked trying to speak through the blood gushing out of his mouth. He knew it wasn’t the right word to say at the moment, but Jun had to at least see what was really in it.

As soon as he heard a small click, he heard even stronger wailing from the latter as his grip around him tightened. Jun had seen the present he collected and made for him the past three years he had been gone. It was pictures he had taken while he was in America of every landmark and interesting places he had put all together in a green and purple scrapbook. The last ten pages were pictures of him and Jun he had saved his phone with a bunch of words he had wrote on it with all his heart.

What Jun must have saw was the cover on in, which Masaki spent two hours working on. It read ‘Happy Anniversary’ with a date written on it, which ironically, was the day his heart and body was broken.

“Hap...py... An...ni...ver...sary...” Was the last thing he told him before the world out.

END