4/10/13 -- Hacker (Part 2/2)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Hacker 2/2
Pairings:AibaxNino, ShoxNino
Genre:Fluff, Humor?
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:3326
Summary:Nino learns who the hacker is, and the whole truth to why Anonymous1000 bothered him so much.
 


Nino had decided to ignore and forget about Facebook and that creepy anonymous. There were other important things to do such as paying attention to his video games and sleeping for a few hours before work. But before signing off, he pondered on whether or not he should delete his statuses to get rid of creepy, however, one look at Sakurai’s name was enough to stop him. Shrugging, he pushed his laptop aside and headed towards his closet full of games.



He knew he shouldn’t have stayed up last night playing even though his character kept dying thousands of times. After what happened last night, he felt like he was being watched in his own safe confinements he called home. Last night, he told himself to forget about it since it must be some really stupid prank. But the thought of that anonymous knowing where he lived was well... creepy. So last night, he refused to sleep afraid that he’ll wake up with someone staring down at him.

He shuddered at the thought of it, his focus detaching from the computer screen. At this point right now, he would be dead if he got caught by their boss for being distracted since they were working on some important project he wasn’t even involved in. However, that gassy man was in a meeting so Nino was partially allowed to do things as he pleased. Just as he stretched out of his cubicle, someone ran into him, his face taking the collision.

“!” He cursed out loud as he fell back. “Watch where you’re walking!”

“Sorry,” a breathy voice apologized. “I didn’t mean to...”

He snarled, not bothering to pick up what fell on the floor -- it appears to be mail day today.

“Ninomiya-san, I--”

“Piss off,” He snapped. “I’m working.”

Everyone around them seemed to be interested in the little incident. When he saw the eyes of his other co-workers who were whispering, he shot them all a deadly look. Silence followed after, and soon they were back to their own business. This is why he doesn’t like to communicate with people in the real world, nosy and useless beings. But of course, he was needed in the world because without him who would consume every video games created?

A minute has passed and the mail on the floor was still a mess. It must be the new guy from the mailroom, Nino assumed. He’s heard of rumors about a supposedly clumsy and talkative intern who was kicked out of his family restaurant from Chiba, or wherever he’s from. Nino can tell why they did. Rolling his eyes, he bent down to pick the mail up, stopping once when the man’s hand almost touched his.

“Here,” He grumbles, dropping the mail in his cart. “Now leave. You’re disrupting me.”

“Y-yes sir...”

As soon as the intern left and everyone else was back in their small cubicle, Nino logged into his Facebook even though he wasn’t supposed to do it during work hours. A second after waiting, he was on.

Just as he thought. Anonymous commented again.

Anonymous1000 Stop ignoring me, Nino-chan. And stop drooling over Smarty. He's not exactly what he sounds like in real person
5 hours ago · Like

So he is a hacker. Taking one quick look around again, he quickly typed a reply.

Ninomiya Kazunari At least I'm not an idiot who named himself Anonymous1000. Why should I even listen to you?
a second ago · Like

Just like that, a reply came as fast as the speed of light.

Anonymous1000 Seriously though, Nino-chan. Did you open the package I gave you yet? Because you haven't said a word...
a second ago · Like

Nino was surprised to get another notification from someone else other than the hacker.

Sakurai Sho I can track you down, anonymous, and I can stop you with just one call.
a second ago · Like

A small smile formed on his lips. As soon as the saw it, he hit the like button and a second later he receveid a new notification.

Anonymous1000 IDGAF*. :P Go ahead, try me.
a second ago · Like

Unfortunately for him, he was unable to read the heated conversation between the two when he heard giant-like footsteps coming from the meeting room. As soon as he saw his boss, he quickly signed off and resumed with his long forgotten document...

Nino stayed behind, refusing everyone who (awkwardly) asked him to eat out (they end up getting drunk anyways so he had no intention on getting a bad headache the next morning). When the last of them filed out of the office, except the janitor, Nino was finally able to relax. He liked it better when he was alone at night, working of whatever work was assigned to him. It's much better without the noise others around him made. Withing a few more hours though, he finally finished. After turning off the computer and cleaning after himself, he was ready to head out when someone stopped him.

He raised an eyebrow at the suspicious figure dressed in dark clothing that he was hard to see with no lights.

"Hmm?"

"Package for Ninomiya Kazunari."

"I--" His eyes widened and right away, he tackled him to the floor. Surprisingly, the person below him didn't fight back, but Nino still couldn't see his face. Was it him? The hacker and prankster?

"Who sent you? Was it-- Nevermind. What's in the package?"

"I don't know sir. I'm not allowed to open someone else's package for them."

"First tell me who you are."

"I... What, sir?"

"Tell me!" He demanded.

"I'm just the mailman from downstairs, sir. I was the one who bumped into you earlier." The more he listened to this man, it sounded like he was about to cry. "I'm sorry, sir. I-- I'm so clumsy..."

He clicked his tongue in annoyance. So it was just that intern from earlier. Snarling, he pulled himself up to the ground and regained his posture. As soon as the both of them were on their feet again, Nino saw him for the first time. He had a pout in his face, making him look like a puppy, and his short brown hair was a mess on his head. Nino narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Do I know him from somewhere?

He held out his hand for the package. "Give it."

As soon as it was in his hands, he whirled around and threw it in the trash. He heard the person behind him whimper, but when he turned around the mailman was gone as if he was never there. Snarling, he kicked his trash bin and stomped all the way to the bus stop... And when he arrived, he immediately logged on.

Yet again, he received a new comment. However, he found it strange. It was exactly the same time it took him to leave the office to a bus ride home. Then a thought occurred in his head. Don't tell me he-- Oh, no...

Anonymous1000 So bummed out, Nino-chan. I can't believe you would do that. Did you do that to my first package too?
30 minutes ago · Like

With trembling hands, he replied back. He was starting to ask himself why he's even communicating with him when he could just completely ignore him and the stupid post.

Ninomiya Kazunari Leave me alone, please... Were you watching me?
a second ago · Like


Anonymous1000 :(. I can't believe you Nino-chan. You're so mean.
a second ago · Like


Ninomiya Kazunari You didn't answer my question. Were you watching me?
a second ago · Like


Anonymous1000 B). That's for me to know and for you to find out...
a second ago · Like


Sakurai Sho Alright, that's it. This is definitely ual harassment and I cannot allow it.
a second ago · Like


Anonymous1000 i told you to out, smarty pants! Geez! this is only between me and Nino-chan.
a second ago · Like


No, he couldn't take this anymore despite how helpful Sakurai has been. Sighing tiredly, he signed off hoping that leaving it alone for a while would make the hacker stop. After putting the laptop somewhere he couldn't find it, his foot bumped into something on the floor. See, this is the reason why he doesn't leave stuff on the floor. What if he tripped and he died? Clicking his tongue in annoyance, he picked it up and was about to throw it when he saw what it was: the package from yesterday.

His arm hung in the air, trying to decide whether or not he should throw the thing away. What was in the package that was so important to that hacker anyway? There was the urge of curiousness and he badly wanted to know what it was. But what if it was something that could pounce on him and kill him in an instant? The thing might already be dead since yesterday.

He shrugged, taking the box with him to his veranda, the best place he could find to lock himself from it if it were dangerous. After setting it down on the steel ground, he kicked the thing for signs of movement; there were none. He waited for a couple of seconds, but there wasn't any thing but a still box. Sighing in relief, he brought it closer to him. He examined the box, noticing that there was no return address but his name on the front.

"This better be important since it's wasting my time," he mumbled.

Instead of a bomb or a deadly critter, he sees nothing but swirly styrofoams. Was it hiding under there? He dared not to put his hand in. Instead, he shook the thing, causing a few of the styrofoams to fly with the night breeze. He was still unable to see what was buried in there, but he came to a conclusion that it wasn't dangerous at all. Closing his eyes anxiously, he reached inside and...

"Huh?" He questioned, pulling out something circular underneath the mass. For such a small thing, it was strange for it to be in a medium sized box.

As it turns out, it wasn't a deadly critter of any of the sorts that would kill him. It was just a bracelet with the bead initials of the English letters A and M with rainbow colored beads at either end of the beads. This, he placed it on his palm is what he wanted me to see? What's so exciting about it? There wasn't. It just reminded him of annoying children.

Ninomiya Kazunari A bracelet? You're annoying me for a goddamn bracelet?
a second ago · Like

As expected, a reply came in withing seconds.

Anonymous1000 Well, yeah... I was kind of hoping that you would like it along with the other package I had sent to you but... you threw it away. I guess it's a waste... Thanks for opening it...
a second ago · Like

Nino wasn't happy at all. He can tell my the ellipses anonymous used meant he was put down by his comment. Well he deserved it for making him lose his sleep last night.

Ninomiya Kazunari No, you know what. I'm just shutting my Facebook off. I'm completely done, and I don't want anymore of this.
a second ago · Like

Without even saying anything to Sakurai, he went to his settings and deactivated his Facebook (only for a while though since he only said it to keep hacker away). As soon as his page was (temporarily) brought down, he closed his laptop and turned in for the night...

Nino was woken up at around 5AM. He would usually wake up at around 10 since his work doesn't start till the afternoon, but a sudden noise had woken him up: his doorbell. It kept ringing and ringing that he was sure his neighbors would be awake by now.

"I'm coming!" He yelled. "I'll be there in a moment!" A moment wasn't enough, though. He needed to take more time to shake off the sleep in his system.

"I'm...coming..." He yawned, fighting the urge to fall asleep on the floor as he walked to the door. Surprisingly, he made it.

"Delivery!" Was the first thing the person yelled excitedly when Nino opened the door. Like when he received the first package, he couldn't see the person's face. Is it him? "I-- A delivery for Ninomiya Kazunari-san!"

He groaned. "Not again. I just-- just give it to me tomorrow, ok? I don't want any of this bull right now."

"But..."

"Le--"

"Coming in!" He was rudely interrupted when the person pushed past him and burst into his apartment without being invited. His mind was telling him to yank the person out, but he was just too tired.

"Get out," He weakly mutters, rubbing his eyes of sleep. "I'm gonna... call police if you don't..."

"Eh?! But Nino-chan, I-- Oops."

"Nino-ch--"

His eyes opened wide and suddenly the sleep was gone. Before the person had the chance to escape, Nino closed the door tight. "What did you call me?"

"I called you Ninomiya-san! I-I didn't call you by anything else."

"You're lying."

"I'm not--"

"I'm calling the police," He threatened him. "Tell me now or I'll get you sent to jail for ual harassment."

"I..."

Nino took a step towards his kitchen where the phone was located. He noticed the man was fidgeting around with his fingers. He took another step fowards, and he noticed that he slightly moved from his spot. And then he took another--

"Fine, I'll tell you, ok?!"

He smirked. "Good."

"I..." The man paused, his shadowy figure looking around the living room. After what seemed like hesitation, he finally took a step towards him, where there was the moon light coming in from the sliding door to his veranda. The man took a deep breath before pulling his head up for Nino to get a good look.

He gasped.

"You're-- You're the mailman from the office. Are you..." He looked at him suspiciously. "Are you following me around?"

"I... No... It's not that I'm following you around, but--"

"You're stalking me, am I right?" He continued for him.

He pouted. "No! I'm not."

"Then what do you call this?" He asked, gesturing the current situation with his hands. "You're definitely that stupid hacker."

"I..."

Nino say it, tears about to come out his eyes. But he wasn't going to symphatize with the man! "Know that I know who you are, I'm calling the--"

"You don't know me," The man says. "You don't even know my name."

Nino scoffed. "Yeah, I do. It's Anonymous1000."

"No, it's not! It's... It's... I'm Aiba Masaki. I began to work as an intern in the building your work in, I live not far from your apartment and I... I... I like you very much!"

Nino seriously thought he heard wrong. Aiba Masaki? Like? Ah, now he remembers why he thought that the intern looked familiar. Before he blocked Aiba Masaki from his Facebook, he saw his profile picture of the man standing in front of him.

He began to laugh. "You're joking right? This is a prank. Alright, who put you up to this. I mean I'm not even a celebrity, but hey, I'll take it."

"I'm not joking," Aiba says seriously. "I'm telling the truth, Nino-chan. I've always liked you."

The laughter was gone when he realized how serious he was and how rigid his face was. "Then all of this, just to-- just to make me like you back?"

Aiba nodded his head.

"No, absolutely not."

"Why? Is it because of Sakurai Sho?"

"Wha--" Damn, he caught me. "No..."

All of a sudden, the seriousness in the latter's face disappeared. It was replaced with a playful smirk. "I made him up."

Nino thought he heard it wrong. Sakurai is definitely a real person. He's seen his pictures too! "Wait... Say what?"

"I said," The latter's smirk became more teasing, "I made him up. Just to see how you would react."

"Why, you--"

"Are a genius, yes, I know."

"No, I..."

"Gah!" Aiba threw his hands in the air. "Enough with the talk. Take the pacakge and I'll see you tomorrow at work, Nino-chan! Have fun talking to the both of me tonight, if you know what I mean."

No, it can't be. He can't be made up. Sakurai Sho must be a real person, then how else does he sound so smart. Not even that Aiba guy sounded smart both in Facebook and when he spoke. But then again, if he was the mastermind behind this persona of Sakurai Sho, then that would mean he does have some knowledge... Impossible. As soon as the bouncy man left him, he immediately went back to his laptop and activated his Facebook again.

All the comments, all the likes, and all the concerns... Aiba had done it all?

NO. Really, impossible.

Oh, there was the package! He remembered. Putting his laptop aside, he grabbed for the box and immediately tore it open. Instead this time, it wasn't an accessory. There was nothing in there but a letter in an exaggarated box. He took the paper and quickly read it under the moonlight.

It was an apology letter from Aiba Masaki.

"I'm sorry," it read, "I didn't mean to hack into your account (with my awesome computer skills) and harass you. And sorry about the Sakurai Sho situation. He's actually my friend who let me use his name. At first, it was only meant for fun but when I met you through Facebook, I felt the need to make my own account. Then you added me, I was really happy. I couldn't help myself either since I kept commenting in every posts. Haha, sorry, Nino-chan. I must have been annoying... I just wanted to meet you and get to know you because I noticed you didn't have friends, and the bracelet was meant for our friendship if you approve! I've been wearing it! I actually like you because I wanna be friends. So... I guess you don't wanna see me anymore after this right? It's like blocking me in real life. LOL. Ok. Bye. And sorry again."

What had I done? Nino asked himself after putting the letter away. Maybe, what if he can become my first official friend, and I pushed him away because I'm been so stupid! I-- I'm gonna see him at work tomorrow and apologize. I should be at fault, not him. With that thought in, mind he crashed on his living room couch...



Aiba was easy to spot. He was the fisrt one he saw in the mailroom and also he was the only one working that day.

"What is it?" he beamed as soon as Nino came towards his area. "Did you open the package? I was a bit sad, though, because you didn't reply to me last night, or Sho-chan at all."

"I..." Nino bit back a smile when he realized the latter still looked in a better shape. "It doesn't matter. I don't care about that. But Aiba-san, I just want you to know, I'm sorry, too."

His eyes twinkled. "Really?!"

"Uh... yes? And is it ok if..." He paused, grabbing the sleeves of his cuffs nervously. "...If we eat lunch together today?"

The man gasped, his hands going up this his face -- turns out Aiba was really wearing the bracelet. "Of course I will! Oh my god, Nino-chan finally has me as a real friend. I'm gonna--"

He snarled, but in a nicer way. "Will you keep your voice down? Or I'll take it back."

"Uh-huh! Ok! Thanks, Nino-chan! I'll definitely be there."

Before he could hear the latter ramble on, he turned around and headed for the elevator. As soon as the doors began closing, he smiled. "A friend, huh? Who would have tought a hacker would become my friend."

END