1/4/13 -- Litter

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Litter
Pairings:NinoxJun, ShoxAiba, Ohno (If you can spot him)
Genre:Fluff, AU, Humor
Rating:G
Word Count:1819
Disclaimer:Plot mines, this is fiction, wish they are mine.
Summary:Animals dislike Jun for an unknown reason --  and no, not because he is dead.
 


Matsumoto Jun wasn't very fond of animals and neither were they to him. It's as if he has this aura on him, something that would make animals hiss and growl as he passed by-- even fishes run away when they see him. Or maybe, he's dead since animals can sense the supernatural! Nah, that's a stupid theory; Jun is obviously alive.

Despite this fact, his very good friend, Aiba Masaki, is an animal lover who always has an animal with him. Everywhere and anytime, at any situation, there just happens to be an animal besides his friend. Ok, maybe Jun was emphasizing this fact just because his friend happened to work in an animal daycare and he was highly popular; people go to him and then the animals appear. At least the animals love him, so that way, with Aiba around, less animals scowl at him.

Anyways, Jun had so much on his plate since he's been recently promoted to editor of Storm fashion magazine by his close friend and CEO, Sakurai Sho; he didn't have the time to get hissed at by animals. He had a bunch of paperwork on his desk since yesterday and even more documents to go over in his computer.

So every morning, Jun woke up earlier than he did before being promoted. He Showered, dressed, and ate before heading to work. It only took him an hour to prepare (which is why he wakes up early) for work, and he was all ready to go. As he grabbed his keys, slipped on his shoes, and fixed his tie one more time his doorbell suddenly rang.

"Matsujun!" A loud and boisterous voice yelled from behind the closed the door. "Matsujun!"

"Stop screaming," he hissed as he opened the door and pulled Aiba in, "You'll wake everyone up!"

"Sorry," Aiba grinned sheepishly, a red tinge marking his cheeks.

"Why are you here anyways?" He asked him as they sat on his leather couch, eyeing the strange lump on Aiba's stomach. "You should have just phoned me."

"Well, if I phoned you...you wouldn't want it anyways."

Jun raised his eyebrows. "Want what? I don't even want anything dangerous, or strange, from you."

"Aw," Aiba pouted, "But it wanted to meet you!"

"It?"

Both of Aiba's eyebrows raised up and down playfully. "Oh, I meant-- he -- wanted to meet you."

"H--"

He wasn't given the chance to ask Aiba what he was talking about when a something, dark, with bits of yellow and brown on it, came out of Aiba's clothes. Jun blinked just to make sure it wasn't his friend's fats oozing out of his body.

"What the--"

"Meow," the thing spoke as he stretched and laid over Jun's lap.

Jun inhaled sharply, getting ready for the cat to attack him. A few seconds later, it didn't -- only it’s white tipped tail ran under his chin.

"See?!" Aiba yelled excitedly, making the cat jump on all fours, "He likes you!"

"What makes you think that? Is it just because I'm wearing nice clothes today?"

"Nope! He's been bothering me since yesterday, meowing and touching your face a couple of times on a photo, of you and I, kept."

"And why?"

"I dunno," Aiba shrugged, "Once I told him that he's going to meet you, he cleaned himself up just for you."

"Hmm... So this, cat--"

"Nino."

"-- Nino... Likes me?"

Aiba even nodded his head. "Mhmmm. Try and hold him."

"How?"

"You grab him from the belly, and, well... He'll just do whatever he wants once you put him on your lap. Gee," Aiba chuckled as he slowly stood up from the couch, "He's really a brat since he was a stray before I found him."

"Wait, so you're giving me him to keep?"

"Yeah! I definitely think it's for the best. I mean, come on," Aiba laughed, "Animals don't like you."

"Oh shut up," Jun joked, "Just go back to work. They need you there."

"Alright," Aiba breathed. "Bye, Matsujun!"

"And don't forget to contact me later on how to take care of cats!" He quickly yelled, hoping that Aiba was able to catch it before he left; he probably didn't.

Anyways, because Aiba had interrupted him, he had less than fifteen minutes to head to work. Fortunately for him, there wasn't much traffic in the morning so he could easily get to work in no time.

"Uh... Nino?"

The cat's head turned towards him and Jun could clearly see his yellow eyes.

"I'll be back soon, O-- Who am I kidding?! I'm talking to a cat!" He grumbled as he grabbed a bowl and poured milk on it. "Cat's don't talk back."

"Meow."

Jun heard the cat speak as it pounced on his countertop. "Still not talking to a cat."

As he quickly prepared things the cat needed, he checked the time and realized he only had ten minutes left. Once he finished putting down old newspapers for a makeshift litter box, Jun fixed himself on more time before heading out to work.



Jun was mentally and physically exhausted as soon as he came home from work. He was promoted for a reason, but it was still difficult to adjust to the new office and working condition. At least the CEO had given him the rest of the night off.

As Jun closed the door to his apartment, there was something awfully terrible about the smell of the room causing Jun to immediately open the door again. It helped a little, but it didn't stop the smell.

Suddenly, Jun remembered the cat Aiba had given him. What was his name again? Ni...no... Yeah, that's what it was.

He had been gone for for more than four hours, and all he's given the cat was a bowl of milk. Jun began to worry. As he called for the cat's name, there was no answer. He checked under the couch, inside the cushions, and anywhere a cat could be given the amount of freedom he had in his apartment. However, he's checked almost everything and there wa no sight of that cat; only his awful smelling poop on the newspaper litter.

"Oh, no. What am I going to tell Aiba?" He panicked as he looked around the apartment one more time. "That Nino disappeared out of nowhere? What am I--"

Jun stopped bawling for a moment when he spotted littered fur on his perfect, cedar, wooden floor. It wasn't there earlier -- unless he was too busy, with panicked emotions, to notice. Strangely, the fur seems to lead off to somewhere and Jun decided to follow it.

"Uh..."He breathed in, trying to calm himself and think of happy thoughts instead of a cat murder that came into his house to kill Nino. "Think happy--"

There was a grunt coming a few steps ahead from the trail. Jun jumped back, frightened that the cat murderer was still in his house. But Jun, being the curious one at this kind of critical moment, went on anyways. Maybe what he heard was just his mind playing tricks.

The trail suddenly stopped and he was left to stand in front of the bathroom; the door itself was slightly pushed open.

Jun closed his eyes, too scared to see the bloody mess. As he slowly opened the door, a small grunt, followed by a small whimper and a growl sounded out.

"Help..." He heard a weak voice echo in the bathroom. "...Help..."

Jun's eyes opened in alarm. It was indeed someone who barged in his apartment, but what he saw was not possible:

On the white tiled floor was a man who had a dark hair and dark brownish-blondish highlights. His eyes were glowing a familiar yellow and there were whiskers growing out of his face. And lastly -- Jun was scared to white when he saw this -- was a tail, so long and thin, that had a white tip at the end.

"Ni..." Jun paused, closed his eyes, opened them, and breathed in, "...no?"

"Yes... Master..." The man groaned as he continued to writhe on the floor. "Please... Help..."

Jun, for the life left in him, started to breath in and out as fast as his lungs would let him. There was no way this was possible unless his whole life was written as a fairytale, or fantasy, story. This is--

The last thing Jun remembered was the man meowing and standing up with a smirk on his face, before He eventually fell face first on the wooden floor.



"Jun! Oh my, God, wake up!"

He heard Aiba's panicked voice followed by Sho's worried breathing.

"What..." Jun sat up, with the help of his friends. "What happened?"

"You passed out!! I came here after I heard from Sho-chan that you were out of work early so I can teach you about cats!" Aiba explained hastily while Sho was coaxing him on the back. "It's a good thing Nino was here. Or else--"

"Nino!" Jun gasped, remembering the cat-man in his bathroom. "Where is he?!"

Aiba frowned. "Why? Did something happen?"

"No it's just that -- God, it's hard to explain!"

There is no way Aiba and Sho will believe him.

"No, tell us," Sho insisted, "Maybe it was his poop that caused you to faint?"

"No, it's not that," Jun grunted. "He -- he turned into a human!"

"What?!" Both of his friends exclaimed in unison.

"Jun, that's not possible."

"That's what I thought!" He told them. "But I came home, I thought a cat murderer killed Nino, but instead... I find a transformed cat into a human in my bathroom!"

"But it is impossible," Aiba repeated, "Nino is a cat and nothing else. How do you explain that brat himself clean on your couch?"

"But-- What?"

"Look," Aiba pointed his head to the right where he easily spotted the cat being its normal self. "He's been a cat since I found him, Jun."

Jun knitted his eyebrows. "Where exactly did you find him?"

"Well... Ok, I didn't find him, but he was given to me by some fisherman a year ago. He had these weird, light blue eyes, kind of like Nino -- except Nino's is yellow. Other than that, I've never seen Nino transform."

"But..."

"You need to sleep," Sho butted in. "I'll give you a day off tomorrow and ask someone else to fill in for you. Ok?"

"Come on, Matsujun," Aiba grunted as both he and Sho helped him to his feet. "Let's get you to bed."

"But--"

"Bed," Aiba cut in, "Sleepy time for Jun."

Without another word, Jun did as he was told. As his friends kindly escorted him to bed, he eyed the cat and was surprised when those yellow eyes met his. Jun shivered. He definitely needed that sleep.

END