12/1/13 -- Over (Part 16/Final)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Over (Part 16/Final)
Pairings:JunxNino
Genre:Fluff
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:757
Summary:Starting over again.


“Stupid,” Masaki muttered repeatedly towards me, his fingers turning white as he gripped the steering wheel tightly. “When I first met you during the job interview, you seemed more of a smart . But I didn’t know you were this stupid.”

“Where exactly are we going again?” I asked for the fifth time, seeing that we went on a circle three times in a row.

“I-I forgot where Matsumoto-san lives…” The older man chuckled nervously. “Is this the way to his apartment?…”

“Now who’s the stupid one?” I wasn’t thinking at all when I told Masaki the directions, and I hadn’t realized it until we made a stop in front of Jun’s apartment building. “Wait, Masaki… I can’t…”

“No, you’re going to talk to him now.”

“But…” I tried thinking of an excuse, anything at all, to keep Masaki from making me talk to Jun. “He’s visiting his parents right now!”

Masaki clicked his tongue. “Lies. I see him lounging on his balcony right now.”

“What?” I immediately scrambled out of Masaki’s car, my eyes making it’s way to Jun’s floor. Masaki was right. Jun was looking out onto whatever the city had to offer. He was too busy sighing and mumbling to himself to notice Masaki screaming his name.

“Shut up,” I hissed at the older man. “People are trying to sleep.” However, Masaki refused to listen to me. I tried to cover his mouth, but he slobbered all over my hand that it was impossible to.

“Fine. If I go up there will you shut up?”

“Yes!” Masaki yelled earning a bump on the head. “Sorry…”

Masaki aside, I had other problems to solve (according to Masaki). I initially thought that I would have nothing to do with Jun ever again, yet there I was in front of his apartment staring at him wide eyed. I wonder if this was how Jun saw me on the day I almost lost my life. If it weren’t for him that day, I wouldn’t be standing here. Or I never would have known his feelings towards me.

I took a deep breath as I walked into the lobby and released when I stepped into the elevator. I thought about what to tell him, or should I apologize. Looking back to this morning, I never thanked him officially for taking care of me. I didn’t want it to seem like I enjoyed freeloading from him.

“Jun, I wanted to apologize for being an … I didn’t even ask you to help me, but you did anyways. Also, um, thank you for--” I was unable to finish my practice session when I felt my entire body being pulled into darkness. It was warm. Very warm and I almost fell asleep if it weren’t for Jun’s strong cologne. The smell, strong or faint, lingered in his room and somehow it always comforted me as I slept besides Jun.

“Shut up,” Jun choked as he held me tighter in his arms. “Aiba-san told me.”

I snarled. That idiot boss! Since when did he--

“I heard him screaming downstairs a minute ago. When he told me you were here, I didn’t expect you to be practicing outside of the entrance, as if you were prepping for a speech.”

I hadn’t even noticed that I stood in front of Jun’s entrance as I practiced.

Jun laughed. “I-I miss you so much, you know that? It’s much different and less lively without you here.”

“B-but I’m boring,” I stuttered as my face grew hot. “I’m such a downer… I don’t understand why you would want me here in the first place.”

“Idiot,” Jun whispered. “That’s because I enjoy your smile, even when you think you aren’t smiling. And your cursing, no matter how vulgar it is for the children next door. And your affinity towards hamburgers that even your fingers resemble it. And your short episodes of sleep talking and thrashing at night that would wake me up in the middle of the night. And--”

“OK, I get it,” I interrupted him, shooting him angry glares although I didn’t feel anger towards him at the moment. “I’m a friggin’ troll.”

“Yes,” Jun easily agreed. “But if you’d allow it, I’d like that troll back...”



Nothing has changed. I could still smell the cologne Jun dabs behind his ears everyday, lingering in his room like a ghost. Behind me, I could feel Jun’s warmth and hear his deep even breathing as he slept for the night. Except our feelings finally came through to each other.
 
END