4/15/13 -- Friendship

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Friendship
Pairings:AibaxNino
Genre:Fluff, Friendship, Humor
Rating:PG-13
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1418
Summary:Aiba has a different definition of what friendship is like.
 


01.

To Aiba Masaki, his friendship was an important thing, but there were these feelings of pleasure and excitement filled his body when he encountered it. Like that one time when his best friend, Ninomiya Kazunari, accidently brushed his fingers against the back of his hand and he giggled right after. He ignored his friend’s strange looks that was being shot towards him.

02.

It was Aiba’s turn to sleepover at Nino’s house, since last week Nino slept at his. It was a normal and regular thing for them since they’ve been keeping up the tradition since forever. However, on that night as they were tucking themselves in their own separate futons, Aiba slipped into Nino’s. He may have been hit, or scolded at, but he didn’t care.

03.

Aiba spied on him once, when Nino was taking a shower that is. He hadn’t meant to, but he just happened to pass by. Though he did remember seeing a white and milky body with pellets of water streaming down to the tiled floors of the bathroom. He almost got caught, but he was able to run away in time before Nino actually saw him peeking through the small gap Aiba accidentally left open.

04.

Nino asked him once if he was OK in the head, or if he had been on drugs lately (he was just kidding, of course, since Nino will kill him if he ever found out). To that, Aiba simply answered,”No” with a grin. Yet his friend still eyed him suspiciously.

“There’s definitely something wrong,” He heard Nino whisper to himself after. “But he’s Aiba. Abnormal is his normal...”

05.

Out of curiosity one day, Aiba stepped into a gay bar. Now, he had it all wrong. He thought it meant the “Happy Bar” that brings all sort of happiness if you entered (he learned the word from English class earlier). However, as soon as he stepped in, it was different from what he expected. There were men, no women but men, surrounding these tables that had poles in the center of them. He saw other men, and some half-, dancing up and down the solid bar. He was only able to get a glance at one man, however, before a man kicked him out for being a minor (also because he was still wearing their school uniform). As he stood in front of it, he immediately thought of Nino.

06.

“Aiba,” Nino hissed, pulling away from him. “Stop grinding against me.”

He pouted. moving along with Nino when he moved from him yet again. “I’m not grinding. I’m showing my friendship!”

“You don’t -- No, I’m done. Go home, Aiba.”

“But, Nino...”

“No. Go home, or I’ll drag your myself.”

Oh, I like the sound of that. “Please! I promise I’ll stop. Just... don’t make me go home yet!” He begged because begging always caught his friend in the middle.

Nino’s eyebrows slowly relaxed and the annoyed look in his eyes finally disappeared. “Fine,” Nino gave in. “Just don’t touch me.”

“Ok!”

07.

Nino yelped as soon as Aiba had entered the bathroom, and unannounced. His friend tried to get rid of him, tried to kick him, and tried to kill him with guns of shampoos and conditioners. However, Aiba remained, laughing and giggling as he bounced around. In the end, Nino gave up and hunched by himself in one corner while Aiba was in the center, standing proudly and unashamed. Besides, it was a normal thing, too. He and Nino used to shower or bath a lot when they were kids.

“That’s when we were kids!” Nino hissed, throwing a bottle of shampoo towards him.

08.

“Come on,” Aiba whined, “Let’s hold hands. Like in the movies.”

“You’re embarrassing me,” Nino whispered as the both of them walked towards the arcade. “I told you not to touch me.”

“But Nino! I--”

“If I said yes, will you finally stop bothering me?!” He snapped, causing a few bystanders to look their way. “But at home!” Nino says before Aiba had the chance to grab his hand.

As soon as they arrived to Nino’s favorite arcade, though, his friend didn’t play a single game as he had his hands in his pockets.

09.

“Ok, tell me what’s wrong with you,” Nino demands after a day at the arcade. “You’ve been acting more retarded these days.”

Aiba attempted to grab Nino’s hand, but his friend slapped his hand away. He pouted. “I’m showing friendship!”

“I’m pretty sure I’ve seen enough of that this whole month. Seriously, you need to stop whatever it is you’re planning in that stupid little head of yours.”

“I’m not planning anything,” He replied innocently because he really isn’t planning anything. He just likes Nino. Wait... that’s it!

“I like you!” He repeated out loud.

“I--” Nino glared at him in a way that meant he was going to bite his head off if he kept continuing to speak. However, he didn’t say anything and instead, grabbed his elbow, picked up his things for him, and threw him out his house.

“You’re banned,” Nino says.

10.

Well, his friend really didn’t mean it because the next day Nino immediately went besides him when they saw each other at school. However, he didn’t say anything, or made a single sound but the DS he had in his hands. Nino even allowed him into his home after school since Aiba instinctively followed him. Plus, Nino’s parents allowed him to sleepover despite how bad of a mood his friend was in.

11.

That night, Aiba couldn’t sleep. He kept thinking about how he treated Nino this whole month, and how normal it seemed to him. Though Nino, on the other hand, didn’t seem to like it yet his friend was always so willing to give in. Aiba softly giggled so Nino doesn’t wake up. Was it because they’ve practically been friends forever that Nino gave in? Or was it because he was just kind to him all the time? Well... now that he thought about it, Nino was always kind. His friend always took care of him, and even offered his home for a night that one time when he locked himself out of his house when his parents weren’t home that night. Nino does insult him all the time, though, but he knows he doesn’t mean it.

He felt a stir from his friend besides him. When he felt it, he smiled because whenever he sleeps over at Nino’s house, his friend doesn’t sleep on his bed, but a futon right besides him.

“Nino?” He called for his friend’s name in a whisper.

“What.”

Aiba was surprised. Usually, his friend would be asleep.

“Are you mad?”

“No.”

“Then... What do you feel right now?”

“I don’t know, Aiba, go to sleep.”

He turned around to he was looking at his friend’s back, “But you sound like it.”

Nino clicked his tongue, something he does whenever he gets annoyed. “I’m not mad, you idiot.”

“Then wha--”

“Stop asking questions dammit,” Nino interrupted as he turned around so they were both facing. To Nino’s surprise, Nino didn’t look mad at all. “Just let me sleep.”

Aiba continued to persist since he really wanted to know what was up with his friend. On the tenth time he asked him how he felt, however, he was suddenly shut up when he felt his friend’s lips on his.

“Now, will you shut up? Geez, I can’t sleep.”

“Nino... you... you... you like me, too...?” He concluded by himself as his friend rolled around so his back was facing him again.

“No. I’m showing friendship,” Nino answered sarcastically. Aiba hated it when he did that. “Just go to sleep, idiot.”

“I... Ok...”

He did as he was told and soon, he found himself falling to sleep.

12.

Nino began to show friendship towards him as well, too, but he wouldn’t admit that he liked Aiba. But Aiba knew because he can feel it, he can taste --

“Stop me!” Nino yelped, pulling his hand away from Aiba’s tongue. “How many times did I say that I’m not a meal!”

“But you are!” Aiba pouted, grabbing for Aiba’s hand again. “This is friendship, Nino. Now give me--”

Nino ran away, refusing to give Aiba his hand. However, he wasn’t disgusted at all. He smiled and laughed along with Aiba as he was being chased around.

END