9/12/13 -- End

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:End
Character:Aiba Masaki
Genre/Rating:Angst / R
Word Count:591
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:He watched them disappear one by one until he was the last one left.
Warning:Heavy deaths, mention of blood, and character death.
A/n:Inspired by The Purge even though I've never read the book or watched the movie. The plot of his fic is not based on The Purge.
 



Aiba Masaki never believed in the end of the world, or the end of humanity. But that was only when he was young and lacked of knowledge about the world that revolved around him. It began when he turned 15 and he sat on his desk at trying to live through self-study hall when the sudden and unexpected voice of their principal rang across all the classrooms. 'Go home!' He remembered the principal screaming in panic. 'Go to your families where it is safe, and leave as soon as you can!' Everyone was alarmed at first, but they laughed it off thinking that it was just a joke; Aiba joined in. However, their laughter ceased to a dead silence when they heard gunshots ringing through the hallway and eerie screams echoing throughout the whole school. They all panicked, including Aiba, and they didn't know what to do, even their teacher was too stunned to say anything.

Then they all screamed and ran about the classroom, pushing chairs and their classmates aside when they heard another gunshot and screams. All Aiba wanted was to go back to his family where he felt the most safe and hide away from whatever predicament they were in. Another gunshot and the terrified screams of his classmates brought tears to Aiba's eyes. As he watched his classmates run around in panic, he let himself fall on the floor. He didn't want this, not that he was expecting anything to happen like this, but he didn't even know what this was. When another gunshot rang through the hallway, Aiba grabbed his knees and stuffed his head in between his legs so it covered his ears. But to no avail, he could still hear the horror that chilled his bones.

It was when he heard the door, as clear as day, to the classroom slide open, ceasing all raucous activity in the classroom.

Aiba didn't want to look.

He heard loud footsteps entering the room that was followed by low evil chuckles as if the devil had visited Earth.

"Hasta la vista, baby." Aiba studied Spanish awhile back in middle school and he knew what this person meant, and he wished that it wasn't meant for them. However, he heard the gunshots they all heard earlier, loud and clear in it's rhythmic bangs. His eyes were open as he watched them disappear one by one until he was the only left. His eyes widened in fear as red liquid seeped out of his classmates' body as they all laid on the floor, their glassy dead eyes staring at the ceiling. Then his terrified eyes went to the intruder, and he saw that he wore a hockey mask.

"Ssh..." the intruder whispered and Aiba could imagine a devil smile. He gulped in fear and blinked, but his eyes never reached the light when he felt something painful pierce through his chest. Without a fight, his body fell down with a loud thud amidst the dead silence around him and his blood mixing in with the others...

"It's the end of the world as we know it. Without government regulations, or anyone at all to listen to our pleads, the purge is real. Everyone we know, everyone we love, everyone--"

A man in a hockey mask grabbed the device from a pregnant woman's hand and threw it on the concrete floor. He crushed the damn thing with his foot, making sure that it was as dead as the high school students he killed. He smirked behind the mask as he pointed a pistol on the woman's forehead. "Bang."

END