4/22/13 -- Zombie

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Zombie
Pairings:ShoxAiba, OhnoxNino (hinted)
Genre:Humor
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1053
Summary:He sees them everywhere and he's afraid they'll eat his guts. Especially his brains.
 


Aiba trembled as he cautiously walked to safety, but really, he couldn’t escape. They were everywhere and very much unavoidable. They stared, they breathed, but mostly stared when he passed by. It felt like they were drilling holes in his body, or they were probably thinking of devouring him to pieces, especially his brains and his guts. Once the thought of his blood spilling on the floor came to mind, he ran as fast as he could, where safety was waiting for him.

And he found it -- or found him -- sitting casually in their green room. As usual, he was reading his newspaper -- in English, of course -- and sipped from a mug of coffee he got from starbucks.

“Sho-chan!” Aiba called for attention before his only safety was about to drink from the mug, “Don’t you drink that. It might be there and you’re going to get infected!”

Sho looked at him, not with surprise, but with amusement as he ignored Aiba and drank from the mugh. “I’ve been drinking this since morning, Aiba-san. I’m pretty sure I can manage drinking the whole thing.”

“But... Sho-chan! They’re out there! If you become like them too... I wouldn’t know what to do.”

The latter just shook his head, a amused smile on his face. “Aiba-san, seriously, this isn’t the time to be playing around. Did Nino pull you into this?”

“I-- Oh, no! They took Nino too!”

Aiba began to panic, remembering how he had left Nino behind with them. Probably... perhaps... maybe they’ve eaten him, his guts, and his brains. And then!

“No,” Aiba sobbed, “He can’t be like one of them! Ohno and Jun-kun too! Sho-chan, we have to save them!”

“Aiba--”

He grabbed Sho’s hand, ignoring the latter jerking his hand back so he could sit back down and read his newspaper again. But to Aiba’s relief, Sho followed him to where he had last left Nino.

“He was here! I swear!” Aiba panicked, trying to picture where Nino could have gone from the parking lot. “I promise you! I-I...”

“Idiot.”

Aiba turned around at the sound of the familiar voice. Really, he couldn’t be more happy to see him alive and well. He immediately ran to him and wrapped his arms around his friend’s neck. It seems he had just gotten from somewhere not far from where their van had parked.

“Nino! I-I thought...”

“Please, don’t cry,” Nino begged as he struggled to push Aiba off of him. “Sho-san... What did he do this time?”

“I honestly don’t know,” Sho answered. “He just... looked scared. Do you think something is wrong?”

“Oh, there is something definitely wrong,” Aiba answered for Nino. “Come to my apartment right now before they get us too.”

“Who’s they?” Nino asked as soon as Aiba detached himself from him.

Sho shrugged. “I don’t know.”



Home was safe, and safe meant having his friends around. He was glad that along the way, they had met up with Ohno and Jun. As soon as they reunited, they headed to Aiba’s home.

“So tell us,” Ohno finally broke the silence in the living room. “What is the matter, Aiba-chan?”

“I...” He looked around for a brief second before signalling them to come closer. He looked at each of their faces, filled with worry and anxious looks. Aiba sighed. “Zombies.”

For a second, none of them replied. They still had that same look in their faces for that short second, but it disappeared in an instant. Nino had an I-knew-it face, Ohno had an oh face, Jun had an what-am-I-doing-here face, and Sho had that amused smile from earlier. Aiba frowned. “What? I’m telling you guys the truth this time!”

“Yeah,” Nino scoffed. “Because the last time I remembered you told us the truth was when you claimed to have found an alien egg. It was an ostrich’s egg! Now zombies? You’ve gotta be kidding me.”

“I’m not,” Aiba began to sniff. “I saw them...”

You saw them. Not us,” Nino retorted. “You know what, I don’t have time for this. Let’s go, Oh-chan.”

Nino headed for the door, but Ohno lingered a bit longer. Aiba was able to catch a glance in their leader’s face, and he was glad that someone was by his side, at least. Sho and Jun, on the other, just looked at him with unreadable expressions in their eyes.

Jun spoke first. “Aiba, have you been taking something lately?”

Aiba felt offended. “No! I only take prescribed medicine, Jun. You know me better than that.”

“I know,” Jun said. “I was just asking.”

Aiba decided to ignore Jun, hating how the youngest accused him of taking drugs. Then again, the prescribed medicines he received from the pharmacy had side effects... Like this one time, he thought he saw a ghost and he ended up causing a ruckus at the studio and filming had to end early; he learned later that it was his medicine.

Jun eventually left, but Aiba wanted him to stay behind just in case. But the youngest left, saying he had other important things to do. So he was left with Sho who just keep staring at him with an amused smile.

“What?” Aiba asked, hurt. “Are you going to make fun of me, too?”

Sho shook his head. “No.”

“Then what? Leave me like they did?”

“No,” Sho repeated in the same tone. “I’ll stay.”

Aiba brightened. “Really? You really would Sho-chan?!”

The latter nodded.

See, this is why he preferred Sho -- but it’s not like he disliked the others. The latter always stayed with him, understood his ideas while the others took him as a joke.

“Awesome!” Aiba piped up. “Let’s watch a movie then! Let’s start with...” He went through his piles of DVD he was watching last night before he took an hour nap. “...This.”

He finally found it, the last movie he wasn’t able to finish last night. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Sho groan. “Aiba-san... is this why--”

“Let’s watch zombie movies!” He bounced happily, taking a seat besides Sho. At least in an apocalypse, Sho would stay with him, right?

END