1/27/13 -- Past (Part 14/16)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Past (Part 14)
Pairings:OhnoxNino, NinoxArashi, OhnoxJun
Genre:Fluff, AU, Friendship, Romance, (slight) Angst
Rating:PG-13 (for language)
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1436
Summary:Nino learns Satoshi's past with Jun.

 


The next couple of days were rough on Nino, but thanks to Satoshi and the group, he now calls friends, came over once in awhile to help him his school work, even though they all weren’t in the same class. However, Nino noticed that out of the group, Jun seems to be the one that dislikes being near him. He talked to him, though, but it always seem like he pushed Jun towards the edge.

Once the four departed from his home, except for Satoshi, he immediately pulled him upstairs and asked why one of his friends didn’t like him.

“Who? Jun?” Satoshi questioned him as they sat down. From the corner of his eyes, Nino saw Satoshi fidget with his hands as if he was nervous. “Like I said, Jun has this cool aura. He just needs more time getting accustomed to you.”

Nino groaned anyways, knowing that Satoshi will answer him if he asked again. However, Nino noticed the strange action between the two. Every time the group stops by, Jun’s eyes would meet Satoshi then he’ll turn away a second later. Satoshi seemed unaffected by it, but he seemed more nervous talking about Jun.

Nino narrowed his eyes in suspicion. “Did something happen between you two?”

Instead of answering him, Satoshi just shrugged before he laid down on Nino’s bed. When he saw that Satoshi won’t be answering anytime soon, Nino whined. “Tell me~”

“I... It’s complicated,” He sighed. “But I can’t tell you.”

“Why?”

“Because... It’ll break your heart,” Came the blunt reply.

Nino shut his mouth for a while, trying to think of what Satoshi mean by his words. There were many possibilities as to what happened between them, but it didn’t matter. Satoshi was already with him and he couldn’t be more than happy enough. Whatever it was, he’s prepared to hear it.

“It won’t. I promise,” He spoke up, breaking the silence that formed in the room. “I’m ready to hear it.”

“Are you sure?” Satoshi asked him as he sat up on the edge of the bed before laying down again. “... Maybe another time, Kazu.”

“But I need to know!”

“I know you do... it’s just that I really don’t want to see you break down, Kazu.”

“Ugh, whatever!” Nino gave up in the end. If Satoshi was not going to tell him, then he’ll just have to be patient right? Besides, he has all the time in the world to wait for it. Sighing, he crawled on the bed, finding a free spot for him to lay down on. As he closed his eyes to rest, Satoshi’s arm wound around his waist, pulling him closer to his warm body. I’ll wait, he thought as he snuggled his head in Satoshi’s chest. I’ll definitely...

And wait he did. After that day, Satoshi doesn’t seem like he would tell him anytime sooner as if the past was that horrible. Plus, his eagerness of wanting to know the answer was growing every day at the same time he spots Jun making eye contact with Satoshi again. Just seeing them exchange silent looks put him on edge.

“I can’t take this anymore!” Nino blurted, glad that it was only Aiba who was around.

“Can’t take what, anymore?” He heard the student ask curiously as he munched on a dried squid.

“Do you know what happened between Satoshi and MatsuJun?!”

“Nah,” Aiba nodded casually as he shrugged. “If I knew, I wouldn’t tell you because I think it’s better to hear from O-chan, ya know?”

Nino groaned in despair. “But that’s the problem! Satoshi won’t tell me.”

“Der. That’s why you ask him persistently, like the time when I ask Sho-chan out on a date even though he doesn’t want to. Oh, he’ll give in. I know he will,” Aiba said in a matter-of-fact tone while he waved a half-chewed dried squid in the air.

“Fine. While you take care of Sho-san, I’ll go ask Satoshi.”

Aiba stood up right away, saluting as NIno began to walk away. “OK!”



As expected, he found Satoshi lazing around the art room. He wasn’t working on anything on his canvas, but he was focusing on it intently as if he was painting an image from his mind. Satoshi didn’t look up when he entered the room, maybe because he was too focused to hear him.

“Satoshi?” Nino hummed as he buzzed behind him. “Will you tell me now?”

“Not... Yet...” the latter mumbled before shifting into a different position. “...Later...”

“Please, tell me, Satoshi.”

“Wa--”

“Don’t tell me to wait!” Nino snapped, surprising Satoshi and himself as well. There was really no way he would wait again. He needed to know now.

“Fine,” Satoshi finally turned to face him. “If I tell you, you promise you won’t run away from here?”

“I promise.”

“Ok...” Satoshi sighed. “It all began...”

3 years ago

It was so cold that he was forced to wear about three layers of clothing, but that didn’t stop him from going outside to paint on his brand new canvas. His parents tried to stop him, afraid that he’ll catch the flu. Despite their worry over him, he went outside anyways and was glad to see that it started snowing.

As he fixed his easel on the ground before placing the canvas on it, there was a strange sound coming from not far his front yard. He ignored it, thinking that the wind was playing with his ears. However, it came again and this time, he decided to look.

“Jun?” He asked once he made it to source of the strange sound and saw his friend sitting against his fence. “Are you... crying?”

“Oh, Satoshi... How did I end up here...”

“I don’t know,” Satoshi shrugged. “Wanna come in?”

“Sure...”

With that said, he escorted Jun in his house, forgetting about his supplies outside; right now, Jun was his concern. As he asked him to sit besides the fireplace, he made a cup of warm tea before sitting besides him also.

“Will you tell me what’s wrong?” He asked him, handing the multi-colored mug besides his leg.

“You know how I had this crush on Sho, right?”

“Yeah,” Satoshi nodded, remembering Jun’s unrequited love for Sho since they were little.

“Well... I confessed.”

“And?!” Satoshi jumped excitedly, happy to hear that Jun finally did it.

“He... rejected me....”

“Oh... Sorry...”

“No, it’s ok,” Jun laughed bitterly, causing Satoshi’s heart to clench for his friend.

The one thing Satoshi hated to see was his friends, any one of them, to feel down. He liked it when they smiled, but seeing Jun so heartbroken was not ideally. If only Aiba were around, he’d make him feel so much better.

“Satoshi... Is it ok if I... hug you?”

Satoshi flinched at his friend’s question, but he nodded his head anyways as long as Jun gets better at the end of the day. Before he could say yes, his friend immediately embraced him, causing the cup of tea in his hands to fall on the brown rug.

They stayed like that for a while as Jun began to weep silently. He wanted to tell the latter everything was going to be OK, but he knew that it wouldn’t. Just as he was about to pull away, however, soft and wet lips touched his. Satoshi pulled away immediately.

“Just please...” Jun mumbled, “Let me use you as Sho...”

Satoshi wanted to pull away, but his friend’s arms around him was so strong he couldn’t. Instead, he let Jun do as he pleased up to the point where they ended up in his bedroom, and sweating in each other’s arms.

He did not see Jun as they did it, but he imagined Jun to be his unrequited love, which was Nino. It was fair, but at the same time it was wrong. So wrong that after they finished, Jun immediately apologized saying that what he did was completely horrible of him.

The following weeks was incredibly unpleasant between him, Jun, and Sho (even though he didn’t know what happened between them). But as time passed, every actions that were regretted were slowly fading away and everything went back to the way it did: Jun laughing around casually with Sho while Aiba insisted on taking Sho on a date, and Satoshi went back to secretly staring at Nino during class.


Nino, didn’t keep his promise and ran from Satoshi. He heard him call his name desperately, but he decided to ignore him. Satoshi was right, he shouldn’t have listened.

TBC