11/21/13 -- Try (Part 44/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Home Sweet Home: Try
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:329
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Damn, why did I have to cry right now?
Warning:Character death


It took a while for me to convince myself to finally face Masa. The closer I got to his casket, the stronger my heart throbbed painfully against my chest. It hurt, knowing that Masa will never wake up from his forever slumber. I’ll never see him again except in my dreams, where I could relive being with Masa again, those happy ever after days. But as soon as I woke up, I wished that the dreams were real and that Masa was simply sleeping beside me. Instead, what I got was a dream and an empty side of the bed. Those times, I wished that sometimes I couldn’t dream.

I took a deep breath as I moved closer towards the casket and I could hear a small voice in my head hoping that somehow Masa was just taking a long nap…

But I couldn’t bring myself to do it. In the end, I just ran away past a confused Jun, past a worried Father Ohno, and past Sakurai-sensei. I didn’t stop until I reached the beach, until the part of the beach where Masa and I always escaped to for privacy. I saw that it was still as beautiful, even during the middle of winter.

Sighing, I took a seat at the spot where Masa and I sat on the first time we discovered this area. This place, where we had kissed, almost had , and just simply enjoyed being with each other. I missed those days.

Damn, why did I have to cry right now?

I wiped my cheeks from the falling tears and bit my lips as I sang the song from yesterday’s performance.

I'll make it easy to understand. Yes, very simple. 
Easy enough for you and me to get it.
I'll try telling it to you.
"I like you."…


My voice trembled as I sang and I sounded horrible. But I continued to sing anyway, hoping that somehow Masa could hear me at this moment…
 
TBC