10/29/13 -- Pouring (21/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Home Sweet Home: Pouring
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:535
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:"Rain, rain go away."
Warning:Character death 
 

For the whole week, it rained so we had no choice but to stay indoors. I was absolutely fine with it, but I could tell Masa and Jun weren’t. They kept complaining about how they couldn’t run as freely indoors compared to being outside, and they felt like they were in prison (Jun just kept copying Masa complain). The two amused me and it was fun seeing them that way.

“Can’t you do something about it Kazu?”

“Pfft like I’m a weather god,” I laughed. “I can’t do anything about it.”

“Aww OK. Then Jun and I will do something about it. Come with us.”

“No. I’m trying to enjoy being in bed. It’s so warm and I like it here.”

“But that’s what you’ve been doing all week,” Masa whined. “Please, we need you.”

“No. You can’t do anything about the rain, anyway. Just stay here with me and we can play or something.”

“I will! Only if you come with us,” Masa begged. “I promise, it’ll be fine.”

I groaned as I rolled my eyes. There was no end to Masa’s persistence and he would keep bothering me. Nevertheless, I was getting bored of staying in my bed the whole day and I had nothing better to do. In the end, I decided to follow them.

We ended up in Masa’s greenhouse. Some flowers were ready to bloom while others showed off their vivid colors. Seeing the bloomed flowers were a change of sight compared to the gloomy clouds the whole week. They told me to sit beside the rose bed, wait, and to close my eyes. I had a feeling that something silly was going to happen.

“Now open your eyes, Kazu!”

I opened them and I wished I hadn’t. In front of me was Masa and Jun wearing umbrella caps. Where they got that I don’t want to know, but they looked absolutely silly along with the towel cape slung on their backs.

“Rain, rain go away!” Masa began, his voice cracking as he sang.

“Come again, ‘nother day!” Jun continued.

“Or never come at all!” Masa added in, a silly grin displayed on his face.

“And what did I have to do with this?” I asked them as they danced around me.

“You dance with us,” Masa said. “We need the power of three people for the rain to actually go away.”

I laughed at Masa’s silly theory. “It’s not going to work, and I’ve never heard of this technique.”

“Well we say it is, and it’s not going to be complete unless you join in. Right, Jun?”

The toddler nodded gleefully as he danced with awkward movements. “Kazu, join!”

I rolled my eyes. “Well if Jun says so, I’ll do it.”

“Yay!” The two yelled excitedly. “You have to sing, too,” Masa added in. “And then it will be complete.”

“Fine, I will.”

I sang and danced with them and I’m glad there was on one else here to see how silly we were. No one would understand anyway. Still, it was fun especially with the two of them. So what if we looked silly or stupid, at least we were being… us. Just the us that I love.

TBC