1/29/13 -- Happiness (Part 16/Final)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Happiness (Part 16/Final)
Pairings:OhnoxNino, NinoxArashi
Genre:Fluff, AU, Friendship, Romance
Rating:PG
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:767
Summary:Nino decides to forgive himself and heads back to school.
 


The past few weeks he spent from school after that event felt like it was only a week. Although it took him the following days, after Satoshi’s revisit, to forgive himself, he finally decided that the school had no fault in it so he went back. As soon as he stepped foot on the school grounds, his friends and Satoshi were already behind him laughing and talking like he was there the whole time.

But he was still jealous, at the fact that Jun, according to Satoshi, had a crush on him. When he spotted Jun looking at Satoshi, again, his jealousy tries to kick in and urging him to throw a punch on Jun’s face. Really, though, Jun did nothing wrong and Nino already had Satoshi. Instead, he excused himself from the grabby Aiba and nudged Jun on his sides.

“Huh?” The student muttered cluelessly, his eyes still on Satoshi until he realized who was nudging him. “Oh! Nino.”

“You’ll find him one day,” Nino told him as if he can already see the future.

He heard the student question him but he already walked away. Just as he grabbed for Satoshi’s hand, he took a small glance over his shoulder and saw that Jun was smiling towards him. Seeing Jun smile at him was a first, rather than seeing that grouchy frown all the time. He smiled back before claiming Satoshi by his side...

“Like I was sayin’, Sho-chan, I have free tickets to the carnival. Please, come with me!” Aiba begged for the fifth time that day during lunch. “I really--”

Sho grunted before turning away; Nino was able to spot him smile before he turned to face Aiba again and frowned. “I don’t like carnivals.”

“But--”

Nino rolled his eyes. No matter how many times Aiba begs, Sho will only reject him also because he seems to be having fun playing hard-to-get. Eventually, though, Nino felt like the two will end up together despite how many times Aiba begs. They actually looked like a good couple...

“Kazu?”

Nino turned from the insistent Aiba. “Yes?”

“Will you come with me somewhere?”

“Uh...” Nino looked down on his school lunch, which he hasn’t touched since the past ten minutes he bought it. “Sure!” With that said, Satoshi grabbed his hand before leading him to flights of stairs. As soon as they reached the last floor, he was pulled outside to the rooftop.

“Satoshi? What are we--”

He was cut off by strawberry flavored lips; that immediately shut him up.

“Kazu,” Satoshi panted after letting him go, “I want to give you something.”

“Sure, what is it?”

The latter didn’t answer him and instead turned around. Nino tried to look over his shoulder, but Satoshi was really trying to keep whatever it is he’s giving him as a secret. Finally, when the student whirled around, Nino asked him again.

“Hold out your hand,” Satoshi demanded, ignoring his question.

“But Satoshi, what is--”

Nino’s eyes was about to burst from his head out of happiness. What he saw was a plain silver ring, with Satoshi’s initials on it, being slipped into his right ring finger. It felt just right on his finger.

“You know when I hold your hand?”

Nino nodded his head.

“I kind of measured you with my fingers. I hope you don’t mind...”

“I don’t mind at all!” Nino immediately replied, not wanting Satoshi to think his unexpected present wasn’t special. In fact, it was really special even though the ring was plain. It meant much more to him since it came from his first love.

“Will you put mines on?” Satoshi asked him after the ring was fixed on his finger.

As Nino nodded his head, Satoshi gently dropped the same ring on his finger; it had his initials on it. After slipping the ring into Satoshi’s finger, he was once again captured in a quick kiss. When Satoshi pulled away, he felt his cheeks grow red.

“I want to share my happiness with you too,” Satoshi said in a sweet voice that NIno felt like melting anytime soon. “Will you let me?”

“Yes, Satoshi. I wanna share mines too!” He chirped happily as Satoshi linked their fingers together. He hoped the moment would last long, however the sound of his hungry stomach decided to ruin the moment.

“Want to go back?” Satoshi asked him, laughing when Nino’s stomach rumbled.

Nino groaned angrily, silently cursing himself for not eating lunch. However, he didn’t want to make Satoshi worried. Sighing, he nodded shyly before once again, he was pulled back into school.

END