4/17/13 -- Kiss

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Kiss
Pairings:ShoxNino
Genre:Fluff, Romance
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:2085
Summary:Do you know what it feels like to be kissed?
 

 


Do you know what it feels like to be kissed?

I didn’t because I had never kissed anyone in my life.

Sometimes, though, I imagined what it would be like.

Will I be awkward? Will he be awkward? Or will it turn out wrong?

I don’t know.

But every time I thought about it... I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach.

I imagined tilting my head, his and my hand intertwining gracefully, his and my heart beating together as one...

Oh, how I would love to feel all that, that rush of excitement.

As I imagine it, I ask myself and the whole world:

Who is he? Where is he? And how will he show his love to me through that one kiss?

Of course, the world and I wouldn’t know.

It’s not like we can tell the future like a reading a novel.

Of course not...



I like him very much.

I’ve seen him too often, but I only talk so little to him.

The only time he and I ever talk was during passing period, or PE class.

And we always talked about school and nothing else.

But sometimes, we talk lightly about ourselves.

I learned that he had two younger siblings, while I had none, and he was born to a rich family, which I wasn’t.

As I listened to him talk, though, I would stare into his dreamy eyes.

Those brown, chocolate eyes...

I quickly lost myself in them.



Since he mostly had the same classes as me, I admit I’m nervous which explains why I barely raise my hand when the teachers ask for a volunteer.

I can felt his eyes on me, but I stop myself from looking back.

However, I tend to look his way too and I would sometimes catch him looking at me.

As I quickly turn my head, I smiled.



I imagined what it’s like holding hands with him as I stared at mines.

I imagined that his hand would be soft, while mines would be sweaty and clammy from being nervous.

I imagined that his hand was warm so he can hold my hands during the winter season.

I imagined that his hand would be tender so his hand would feel right with mines.

I imagined that he and I would swing our hands back and forth like they do in the those sappy movies.

I imagined that he has strong arms, one that could hold me tight when I’m about to fall.



His name is Sakurai Sho.

I like his name.

It’s unique because I never really heard anyone with that name who looks like him too.

It’s strange, I know, that he’s a guy like me, but I like him.

I don’t care what others think.

I like him.

And I also like the way he calls me Nino when everyone calls me Ninomiya-kun or Kazunari-kun.



I didn’t like it when he was with other girls or guys.

I would catch him hugging other girls because he knew them, and it’s also a way to show some kind of friendship.

I was jealous of those girls.

Or times when he would spend talking to his guy friends and laugh about something I want to be involved in.

I wanted to hear what they were talking about.

But it couldn’t be helped since I’m different after all.

It would be strange to be his friend.

To be a popular person’s friend, that is.

Still, I watch him from far away...



I was packing my stuff away, getting ready to head home when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I thought it was those annoying kids who wants to copy my homework, but I hear a deep cough.

Ah! It’s him.

I turn around.

I stammered a little, greeting him with a small hello.

He smiled.

And then he asked if I wanted to hang out.

Dazed and confused, I nodded my head.



He talks a lot now that we aren’t in school.

He’s much cooler and different compared to when he was in school.

In school, he’s sophisticated but as we walked around randomly in the city, he was improper like.

I was surprised because I have never seen this side of him.

And I was glad I did.

Because maybe, I might be the only one to see him like this, or so I assume.



He kept continuing to ask me if he wanted to hang out.

I couldn’t help myself so I just keep telling him that I can even though I really can’t go out a lot because of my parents being strict and all.

But I go anyways, follow him around, eat out at a small restaurant and chat.

It’s still a little bit awkward for me, though, but I enjoy his presence very much.

Plus, it’s just me and him; none of his friends were there every time we hung out.



His house.

That’s the place I was able to visit next other than countless of stores and restaurants in the city.

As you would expect, he had a very nice house.

It was huge (mansion-like), and it just reminded me of a palace.

Amazing, I mouthed.

Then I followed him to his room...



It was messy, very, very messy, but somehow I felt comfortable in it.

I followed him through the trail he made with his body, and soon we found his computer desk.

I was surprised it was clean.

‘I’m sorry,’ He apologized as he takes a seat on the computer chair and gesture me to sit on the corner of his bed. ‘I should’ve cleaned up.’

I smiled. ‘It’s ok. I don’t mind the mess.’

‘Are you sure?’

I nodded my head.

Of course, I was sure.

His mess actually comforted me in a strange way.

‘Wanna eat?’ He asked me after a minute of silence.

I smiled again. ‘Sure.”



I could feel him staring at me again, but this time I can look.

When I looked, he smiled.

And I smiled.

But since my English teacher was cool with us switching our seats anytime, I moved besides him.

Out of impulse and because he offered me it from where I sat.

I wished that I sat next to him in my other classes.



He asked me one day, when we were looking at the stars that same night, if I had anyone I liked.

At his question, I felt my cheeks burn past 100 degrees, and my body heat up the same temperature.

Then I feel it, his hand.

It slightly brushed past mines, and I couldn’t help it.

I mentally giggled out of happiness in my head.

Because of that, I never really got the chance to answer.



I felt it again, his hand brush past mines.

It was warm.

But unlike the last time, I could feel more of his skin against mine.

I feel my whole body tremble with excitement and giddiness.

It was unusual for me to get hyper, but that’s exactly what happened to me.



I began to think that I frequented his house more than mines.

Also, I think it’s because I always go to his house that his room was starting to get cleaner bit by bit.

When we’re bored, we would sit on his bed, watch TV that I didn’t even know was there before.

Or we would lie on our backs on his floor, listen to rock music and hum with the vocalists.

Or we would talk about whatever, and our conversations just seems so endless.

Or we would nap on the floor, or sometimes on his bed when we were wary of the school lessons our teachers bombarded on us.

I think I like his house better than mines.



He asked me once if I could sleepover.

Like the first time he asked me if I wanted to hang out, dazed and confused I nodded my head.

And since he asked me this during school, that was all I could think about.



It was like an ordinary day since I went to his house right after school, but it felt much, much different.

This is because I couldn’t get my mind off his question and my answer earlier.

A sleepover...

Sounds girly, but I don’t mind.

As long as it’s him, it’s fine...

When the day began to grow dark and we began to feel like out energy had depleted, we retreated to his room.

The futons that the housemaids laid out were on the floor, but we just looked at it, and then the bed.

We decided to sleep on the bed.

It was much comfortable, and it wasn’t strange at all.

After he and I climbed on either side of the bed, we both said our goodnights and the lights were immediately turned off.

I was only about to fall asleep when I feel it.

His hand hold mines.

Or was it just my imagination?



I woke up the following day, frowning when I saw that he wasn’t in bed with me anymore.

But as soon as my senses came back to me, I could smell breakfast: pancakes, bacon, eggs, and coffee.

Mmm.

I let my feet follow this scent and soon I was standing in front of his kitchen.

And there he was cooking.

I didn’t know he cooked.

‘Smells good,’ I complimented as I grabbed a seat behind the counter.

‘Doesn’t it?’ He agreed.

After he finished cooking and setting up the table for us, we ate.



It wasn’t a school day, and I was glad for that.

After we had finished eating breakfast, showering and stuff, he lent me his clothes and told me that we were going somewhere.

‘Where?’ I had asked him, but he didn’t answer.

Instead, he just smiled knowingly at me.



‘Here we are!’ He announced once we arrived to another house.

It was as huge as his mansion, but it was a bit small.

Also, it was standing in front of a beach.

I gave a him questioning look.

‘This is my family’s vacation house,’ he said.

‘Oh,’ was how I answered.

Soon after, he dragged me into the beach house.



‘I’ve never brought any of my friends here,’ he tells me as he and I stare out into the ocean later in the night.

We had just gotten back from the ocean waves and a nice warm shower, and now we were just staring out into the horizon.

‘Oh,’ I answered casually. ‘Cool.’

‘Nino, I’ve been thinking, about that question I asked you long ago. Do you remember?’

He’s asked me many questions, but I knew what he was talking about.

I nodded my head.

‘I never heard your answer.’

‘I know.’

‘But it’s ok. Ask me instead.’

Without hesitation, I turn towards him with a smirk on my face.

I regretted putting that playful smile on since his answer was going to hurt me, but I wanted to play along.

‘Who do you like?’ I asked playfully.

He hummed, put a finger to his chin, then used that same finger to point elsewhere.

‘Look!’ He says, making me turn to the direction he pointed at. ‘A UFO!’

It was foolish of me to turn since claiming a UFO was in the sky was what a child would do, and what a child will fall for.

But I looked out of my own foolishness and curiosity.

I squinted my eyes, trying to play along until I felt it.

Soft, warm, and tender hands jerk my attention away from the dark sky.

I was turned around and I was pulled onto broad chests.

I looked up, surprised, shocked, alarmed, and suddenly nervous.

His eyes, I could feel his dreamy eyes on my face.

‘You,’ he says, smiling beautifully, ‘I like you, Nino.’

As I was about to let my mouth gape, I felt soft lips kiss mines.

It was too sudden that I didn’t know how to react, but I felt it.

The butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

He pulled me even closer, linked our fingers together...

And I heard and felt it, his heart beating along with mines as one.

Just like I imagined it.



‘I like you, too’ I muttered clumsily when he and I pull away to breathe.

He smiles knowingly. ‘I know.’



I had kissed him, and it felt wonderful.

How do you want yours feel like?

END