2/19/13 -- Memories (Part 4/14)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Memories (Part 4)
Pairings:NinoxSho
Genre:Fluff, AU,
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1489
Summary:Photos always stored memories and didn't matter if it was from a long time ago.
 


Kazu woke up the following day, feeling refreshed and satisfied. What had happened yesterday was certainly not a dream since he was staring at the ceiling of his new bedroom. It was bare and slightly tan with tiny visible bumps. The ceiling to his room back home was just covered with wallpaper with an ugly color of olive and throw up mixed all together. It would be nice if he sees the same ceiling every waking moment, even if it was just simple.

Yawning, he sat up at the edge of the bed as he lazily pushed the thin blanket off of him. He sat there for a minute or two trying to shake the sleepy feeling off of his eyes. When he felt a little bit awake, he decided to see if his brother was up as well. He expected his brother sitting on a stool in front of the counter while reading an English newspaper. Instead of being greeted by his brother, there was food, covered in saran wrap, already waiting for him with a note right besides the plate.

Kazu frowned. He shouldn’t have expected something when he knew his brother had to go to school for half of the day and then work at night. At least he didn’t have school on Mondays so he’ll be home on that day, plus the weekend. Other than that, he felt much lonely than when he was with his parents. With Sho gone, he was completely bored. There was no one to laugh with, play with, or stare at...

He shook his head while telling himself to stop being so creepy around his brother. It’s one thing he had different feelings for him, but he knows how wrong it was to have it in the first place. Yet he couldn't help it. Every time he thought of his brother, it will never leave until he forces it out. Now he was thinking of his brother, and his face refuses to leave his mind.

“Get out,” Kazu grumbled angrily, although he really didn’t want it to. “Please...”

It didn’t, however, and he really had no choice but to let it stay there. After eating his brother’s surprisingly tasty breakfast-lunch, he decided to take his mind off of him. He intended to head to his room, but he stopped all because his feet told him to. Then it turned, forcing him to face his brother’s closed room. Every step his foot made, he tried to pull them back but it wouldn’t as if he was being controlled like a dummy. It was too late to stop when he realized he was standing in the middle of his brother’s room.

Unlike his room that was small-ish, his brother’s was much bigger. His bed, located at the left corner, was big enough to fit about two to three people. Besides it was a narrow bookcase, and his computer desk was attached besides it. In the middle of his room was a yellow and red beanie chair with a tan circular rug below the chairs.

He was about to turn around and leave when he saw a photo on his brother’s desk. Once again, it was a photo of them. It wasn’t the same one in the living room and the one he has, but it was a photo of them as kids. He remembered the photo well even though he was just seven years old. He remembered feeling extremely sad on the day the photo was taken until his brother had offered him ice cream from a few change he had in his pocket. Then he smiled after as he took his brother’s hand in his without knowing their parents were going to take capture that moment.

Kazu smiled as he remembered this. He lifted the hand up he used to hold his brother’s and realized how much things had changed since then. His brother was always there to protect him and to make him smile at the end of the day, telling him the next day would be better. But now that they had grown up, his brother went his separate ways and there was no one left to defend him anymore. For now, though, it didn’t matter. He was living under the roof of his brother’s apartment and that was enough to defend him from any types of danger.

He decided to head back outside to stop himself from wanting to throw himself on his brother’s well-made bed. Maybe playing video games would stop him from thinking of his brother.



It felt like he only played for an hour, but by the time he realized it, it was already 10pm, and his brother was not yet home. He figured he was coming home late because of his part-time job so he decided to make late dinner for his brother. He didn’t want to overwork him so might as well return the favor for his delicious cooking.

When he was about to finish cooking up a quick recipe of omelet, he heard the jingle of keys followed by a door being opened.

“I’m home!” He heard his brother announce as the front door was being closed. “Kazu, are you still awake?”

“Yeah. I’m in the kitchen.”

“Oh, Kazu’s cooking me a meal too?” Sho asked playfully that he couldn’t help but blush.

“It’s not as good as your cooking, but I hope you like it.” With that said, he placed the cooked omelet onto an oval shaped plate before placing it in front of his brother. He watched his brother stuff a spoonful of omelet into his mouth before chewing it and saying nothing after.

“Well?” He asked anxiously as he watched his brother swallow the food. “How is it?”

“Hmm...” Sho hummed. “You want the truth?”

“Of course!”

“Well, I’m no food critic... but your omelet is much better than mine.”

“Really?!” Kazu grinned at his brother’s honest compliment. “Seriously?! But this is my first time making it though...”

“Well it’s the best that I’ve ever eaten, Kazu. Do you mind if I can have this for dinner every day?”

“I don’t mind.”

He continued to watch his brother eat heartily, wishing that he could continue making the same dinner for him in the far future too. If only his brother would let him move in. But he can do it all summer every year right?

He already told himself earlier to stop being a creep around his brother but he was doing it again. His eyes refused to pry themselves off of his brother’s masculine face that he could see every detail on his skin. He managed to take them off for only a second, but they went back. However, when it did, he froze. His brother was staring at him as well with a straight expression.

“Uh... I went into you room, sorry!” Kazu blurted out of nervousness. “Didn’t mean to!”

His brother’s face didn’t change after his careless mouth had spoke for itself. However, his lips curved into a smile, then to a grin. Out of nowhere, he began to laugh.

“What are you so nervous about, Kazu?” Sho laughed as he brought the back of his hand to cover his mouth. “And it’s totally ok. It’s not like I have a secret to hide.

Kazu sighed in relief. “I thought you were going to kill me for it.”

“Would I really?”

Kazu thought about it before shaking his head. His brother was not like that. He was only aggressive when it came to being bullied. “No. But I did see a picture of us together, when we were kids...”

“Oh that! I love that picture.”

Inside of his chest, his heart did a big leap. “M-me too...” He stuttered, wondering why he was. “It b-brings good me...memories...”

“It does, doesn’t it?” His brother agreed. “I’ll wash the dishes, kiddo. Why don’t you go ahead and sleep.”

Kazu grabbed the plate before his brother could. “I will do it, Sho. You go to sleep.”

“Brat,” His brother lightly chuckled. “Fine. Just don’t stay up too late, ok?”

“Ok~”

As his brother stood up he was about to as well when he felt soft hands land on top of his head. He froze right on the spot, swearing that he was going to have cramps in the morning if he stayed in the same position of getting ready to stand up.

“Good night, Kazu,” His brother whispered as he ruffled his hair before leaning down and kissing his forehead gently. After letting go, he disappeared to his room while Kazu stayed in the same position, still frozen like a human icicle. His brother told him not to stay up late, but there he was staring absentmindedly where his brother had disappeared to.

He laid awake that night, holding the photo of him and his brother against his chest. It would be nice if Sho wasn’t his brother...

TBC