2/3/13 -- Master (Part 1/12)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Master (Part 1/12)
Pairings:AibaxNino
Genre:AU, Fluff, Friendship
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:437
Summary:I was only a little pup when master adopted me, and from then on, I realized how much I love him.
 


I was only but a little pup when my master first picked me up from an abandoned box. The first thing I saw on his small face was a smile so bright as the sun that shone down the both of us. That moment was really the first time I realized how much I loved my master, and I showed it by his face with my small tongue. He did not scold me but he only laughed merrily.

The house he brought me to was huge! The place was big enough for me to run around while I stuck my tongue out in excitement. I ran around the kitchen, under the table, around chair legs, and leapt on every tile beneath my feet. I was so busy running around that I did not notice my master coming towards me.

“Oof!” He grunted as he and I collided into each other. “That hurt...”

I immediately stood up and looked him in the eyes with worry. It was my first day and already I had hurt my master...

‘I’m sorry,’ I apologize to him in a soft whine, ‘I’m a bad dog...’

“Oh, no, it’s ok!” My master quickly spoke up as he sat on the tile I jumped on earlier. “Really, I’m fine! Look!”

He showed me his elbow, where he had landed on, to prove that he was fine. However, my master lied to me. I could see in his face how hurt he was especially the small amount of liquid dripping from his elbow.

I whine worriedly as I stuck my tongue out and tried my best to heal him. The liquid tasted weird against my tongue, but I ignored it since master was much more important. It kind of worked, but my master simply would not be healed by me. I did clean him up a bit, at least.

I backed up from him as I put my head down in shame. However, I did not get far. Instead, I felt tiny hands grab my sides and was pulled towards something warm; I looked up.

‘Master!’ I barked in surprise seeing master’s smile again.

“It’s ok...” He paused for a while before speaking up again. “... Masaki. I can call you that, can I?”

I nod my head in reply, earning a bigger smile on master’s small face.

“I’m Ninomiya Kazunari,” He introduced himself in turn. “Nice to meet you.”

‘Nice to meet you too, master!’ I barked back although he cannot understand me. Either way, I was happy to see master’s beautiful smile again even though I had hurt him.

TBC