10/5/13 -- Complaint

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Complaint
Pairing:ShoxNino
Genre/Rating:Fluff, Humor, Romance / G
Word Count:1890
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Nino just wanted to play his games, but his laptop decides to prevent him from doing so. Also, Nino finds out what he really is.
 



A few days ago, Nino bought a new laptop to add more games since his old one was already filled up. It was great during those first few days, but recently it's been messing with him for more than five frickin' hours. He tried calling tech services, but he also had to wait because there were probably other people who had useless reasons; his was more important! Then he tried for the internet but Google gave him many unrelated results; some led to ad . He clicked his tongue in annoyance and decided to take this matter in person. It was a long drive back to the tech store, but as long as he can get it fixed it'll be worth it.

He sped through the freeway and arrived within half an hour and seven minutes exactly. As soon as he carelessly parked his car sideways in the parking lot, he ran to the store and bothered not to apologize to whoever he bumped into. When he entered, the first thing he noticed was a long line of women. Most didn't have technical items, some did but it was their cellphones, with them and all they did was they kept glancing towards the line as if they were waiting for something more interesting than the latest advanced technology. He followed their gaze, but he couldn't see anything beyond the line because it was crowded with dozens of women; he noticed that it was the customer service line thanks to the big blue words on the wall. Nino groaned and frowned, realizing that he had to wait for as long as it took -- he might even have to camp out like waiting for a game to be released the day after. But still, he was already there so why not?

The line was surprisingly and annoyingly long that he guessed there must be at least 50 women waiting in line. As soon as he reached the end, he realized that he was the only man.Is there some kind of chick magnet there? He hoped it wasn't because people, men to be exact, were looking at him oddly like he had the same reasons for the women to be in line.

"Oh," a female high school student swooned and tapped the woman's shoulder in front of her. "Is he really good-looking? As in idol level?"

The woman turned around and nodded her head, bliss and amazement in her eyes. "He has an amazing deep voice, a warm smile, and he has a rocking body. I saw him one day when I went to the gym but I was too afraid to approach him..." The woman sighed dreamily and looked as if she was trying to relive that day, and the student sighed along with her. So there is some kind of chick magnet over there. He scoffed and was about ready to head somewhere else when the crowd of women groaned in disappointment and the line immediately dispersed. He didn't know what caused it, but he smiled and nodded his head proudly for making himself wait.

Nino walked up to the front desk right away, but he stopped in his tracks when he saw him. Nino's eyes widened, his breath quickened, and his heart raced rapidly against his chest. He saw who brought all the women in one line, but he wondered how can such a perfect creature suddenly force the crowd away. He gulped and took a few steps forward until he stood face to face with him and he suddenly trembled from the way the chick magnet flashed a smile at him.

"What is your problem today, sir?" The man asked, his pink plump lips thinning as he spoke.

"I uh..." Nino looked down, trying to remember what his problem was when he saw his laptop. He cleared his throat and placed the laptop on top of the black counter. "Uh... () ...Computer problems..." His speech problem was fine the last time he checked, but for some odd reason it refused to work right at the moment, just like his new laptop.

"What's the specific problem?" The man pressed on as he took the laptop and turned it on. The start music started and it distracted Nino for a moment until the music faded away. He snapped his head up when he heard the man addressing him.

"Oh, uh... i-it would freeze when I try to play some games and some applications won't open at all."

"Oh, well in that case I recommend you buy a graphics card," the man smiled and handed him the laptop. "Is there anything else..."

"I, um, I'm broke," Nino said simply without thinking. He stood dumbly in front of the man, wondering what if he said something funny until he realized that he admitted he was broke in front of the man. "I-I meant I haven't gotten my paycheck yet," he lied since he already got his paycheck just yesterday and he spent it on three video games.

"Have you tried cleaning it out?"

"No, I haven't," Nino quickly replied at the man's suggestion. "There's no way I'm doing that. I want to keep all my save files as much as possible."

"Oh, then--" The man stopped short when he and Nino reached for the laptop and their fingers slightly brushed against each other. Nino looked up right away and their eyes met for only a second until he looked away and grabbed the laptop, and pulled it close to his chest. Compared to the laptop's heat, he was the worst.

"I think I'll figure it out myself..." he mumbled, not daring to look the man in the eye. When he sneaked a glance, the man eyed him warily and their eyes met again for a second time. As soon as he looked away again, this time he started on his heel and the next time he blinked, he was sat in his car, breathing heavily as he clutched his pounding chest. "What...the ... just happened?"

Honestly, that was the first time he had the feelings of rush, especially towards a man. Sure, he had plenty of girlfriends back then but not one of them has made him feel like the way he did earlier. Perhaps... "I'm ing gay?" Nino asked in disbelief. "What the f--"



Nino sat back against his couch, unable to believe he ended with a revelation that he's gay. Why had he only come to know it now? He was always surrounded by males since he was born, but not once has his heart raced wildly like earlier... Nino shook his head as he stood up and kicked aside his laptop. He was supposed to work on a solution as soon as he came home earlier, but he completely forgot about it until now, but it'll have to wait again. For now, he was starving. He grabbed his keys and his wallet on the way out, and walked downstairs the apartment complex after locking his door. A quick stop at the convenience store sounds good right now.

It was very late at night when he arrived at the convenience store. Usually, it would take him less than thirty minutes to arrive, but his mind was very much occupied that it heavily distracted him; he almost got lost along the way for not paying attention to where he was going. As soon as he stepped inside of the convenience store, however, he bumped into a woman and was quickly pushed away with a disgusted groan. "Watch where you're going," the woman scowled and turned away from him. He quickly apologized and headed to the section full of candies. He grabbed three boxes of Pocky, a bag of hard candy, and a box of melon flavored hi-chews. After that, he grabbed three bags of chips in the next aisle and a box of sushi from the refrigerated aisle. He decided, after a quick look, that it was enough and then lined up, which was surprisingly long.

By the time it was his turn, he was too busy putting his stuff down on the counter and as he searched for his wallet somewhere in the abyss of his pockets. Once he found it, he sighed in relief. For a while there, he thought that he might never get his dinner for tonight. After searching for the appropriate amount of money in his wallet, he looked up and his saliva suddenly got caught in his throat. Am I seeing two? Or am I completely crazy?

"Oh, you have money?" The same man from the customer service earlier asked with an amused smile.

"I..." he looked down at the wad of cash he had left and blushed. He did have money, but not enough to buy a graphics card. Besides, he knew that he would end up wasting his money within two days. "...it's just spare money to provide myself food..."

"Oh," the man chuckled softly. "Well, it's a small world isn't it?"

"I... yeah..."

"I'm Sakurai Sho, by the way," he introduced himself as he took a bag of chips and scanned it. "I have a feeling we'll meet often."

"N-Ninomiya Kazunari," he mumbled shyly, refusing to look at the man in the eye. "I thought you worked at the customer service."

"I work two jobs to provide for my siblings."

"Oh."

"Yeah... I'm all they have."

"...Oh," was all Nino could find himself saying and he sounded so stupid and simple-minded. However, Sakurai didn't seem to mind at all.

"Ok, that'll be ¥1717.51," Sakurai said and handed him his bag of goodies.

Nino quickly gave him the money, and once again they fingers brushed against each other. He could feel himself blushing hotly and he wished that Sakurai wasn't looking at him the way he was right now: an amused and happy look in his eyes.

"Let me know if you have any other problems," Sakurai said and handed him what looked like a legit business card. Nino took it hesitantly since this was the only second time in his life that he received a business card: his boss' and Sakurai's. Though he gladly accepted it because he didn't want to seem rude by rejecting it -- it's not like he will anyways.

"Ok," Nino mumbled awkwardly and slipped it in his wallet. "I will."

Many phone calls and dates later...

Nino called Sho for the hundredth time on the same problem although he's already fixed it, thanks to Sakurai's very detailed instructions.

"Nino, we live in the same apartment now. I'll take care of it later," Sho told him hurriedly. "I'll try to be home as early as I can."

"Sheesh, I can't listen to your voice?" he asked and pretended to be angry and hurt.

"Ok. I promise I will be home as soon as my shift ends." Once Sho hung up, he grinned like an idiot and threw his phone on their bed. He got up and stretched, and headed to the living room where Sho's siblings were actively, and without permission, were playing with his gaming console, and the laptop that got him and Sho to meet in the first place.

"Hey! What did I say about that laptop?!" He playfully yelled as he ran towards Sho's younger brother with a smirk on his face.

END