10/18/13 -- Blankets (Part 10/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Home Sweet Home: Blankets
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:470
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Was this what he meant when I wouldn’t be lonely anymore?
Warning:Character death
 


“Total population: zero,” Aiba reported hoarsely in his failed attempt of mimicking a voice over.

Last night, we accidentally got mingled with the older kids. Apparently, it was their movie night and Aiba begged me to stay with him, thinking that it would be a happy movie. But he made us sit throughout the whole movie about zombies where every survivor died in the end. I could barely sleep a wink last night, and I was still sick, no thanks to him. At this very moment, he was testing my patience.

I still haven’t forgiven him from that night in the boy’s bathroom (someone was kind enough to give the book back to Father Ohno).

“Shut up,” I gritted my teeth in annoyance as he counted out every “dead” bodies in the common room. “We’re not in a zombie movie.”

“Aw, Kazu is grumpy!” Aiba giggled and poked me on the cheek with his ice cold finger.

I swatted his hand away and shot him a glare. “I’m grumpy when I’m sick.”

“Oh, sorry about that.”

“You better be.”

After I told Aiba to go bother someone else (“And maybe make someone sick, too!”) when I couldn’t handle his horrible voice over acting; he sounded like a crazed madman. Aiba was right about one thing: I get to stay in bed all day and have people fetch food for me whenever I was hungry.

But Aiba, even when I desperately begged for him to leave, stayed with me, saying he wasn’t better yet. I highly doubted that because his voice wasn’t as nasally anymore and neither was he sniffling annoyingly loud. At least Aiba wasn’t with the sick kids anymore… was this what he meant when I wouldn’t be lonely anymore? His stories were no longer making sense as I yawned and closed my eyes…

I woke up and it was warmer than usual, and difficult to move underneath the covers. When I turned to my right, I saw Aiba sleeping loudly and mumbling something about flying pigs. But as I watched my silly friend tossing and turning on his bed, I noticed that he only had a slightly thick blanket over him and he wore the jacket from fall. I worried about Aiba and cursed at the selfish brat that stole his blankets.

As I sat up, however, the blankets fell to the floor and my eyes widened as it flattened on the surface. It was Aiba’s extra blanket staring at me from the floor as if mocking me about my crude comments about the thief. Sighing, I picked up the blankets that he lent me and gave it back to its rightful owner. I eventually fell back to sleep again, only to find that when I woke up in the afternoon, Aiba had lent me his blankets again.

TBC