9/24/13 -- Homesick #5

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Homesick (Animalverse series #5)
Pairings:Kaze
Genre/Rating:Fluff, Animalverse / G
Word Count:327
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Their owner and her family go on a family trip and they want to go back.
 

 



The trio were rudely awakened when they felt their owner and her parents' picking them up from their beds early in the morning. Usually, the three of them would wake up at the same time when it was near the afternoon, but today was different and they could feel it. Sleep no longer existed in the three of them when they saw that they were being placed inside of their traveling cages. Nino had seen this before many times, but he could never get used to it.

Nino and Jun mewled in protest as they were put inside of the car, while Masaki whimpered in his cage. But the three were easily ignored as their owner and her parents got in the car and drove away from their home. Unfortunately, since they were in their cages, they couldn't look back...

It's been three hours since they left their home, but they hadn't noticed since they quickly fell asleep again. It was a sudden bump that woke the three of them up, and they saw that they were being taken out of the car. They were anticipating that they were all heading home, but they couldn't recognize the scene outside. There were loud cars, a crowd of people walking either ways on the sidewalk, and a mix of sounds that buzzed their ears.

They want to go home. Nino, Jun, and Masaki all cried to go home, back to where it was silent, peaceful, and less dense, but no matter how loud they cried, their owner kept walking. She finally came to a stop and set the cages down.

"Ok, have fun," their owner said after she released the latch, and down came the door. Either of them dared to walk out of their cages since they were too terrified of the new sights and sound. Instead, Nino and Jun walked inside of Masaki's cage because it was larger. At least, being with each other felt like home.

TBC