1/30/13 -- Junk

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Junk
Pairings:NinoxAiba
Genre:Fluff, Friendship
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:685
Summary:Nino dislikes the fact that his best friend is messy.
 


It was a known fact that his best friend, Aiba Masaki was a messy and unorganized student. Just before classes start, he’s already in his bag sticking his head in as he tried to look for notes they needed for class. Rolling his eyes at his friend, Ninomiya Kazunari always aided him by lending him a copy of his notes since he knew Masaki was going to lose it again.

By the end of the day, however, Nino still wondered how his friend has good grades and always manages to turn in his homework before class ends. Well, whatever his friend’s tactics were, Nino couldn’t stand his mess anymore. One day after school, he dragged his best friend from basketball practice and demanded he start organizing.

Masaki pouted at first, begging to go back to practice or else he won’t be able to play a game. Although it was Masaki’s home, Nino locked the owner and himself in the house, strictly forbidding him to go. If Masaki didn’t obey, however, it was an immediate release from the team.

As his friend grunted in disapproval, he obeyed anyways and began from the junk on his floor. They were all useless pieces of paper and even a few candy wrappers mixed in with them. Some were important though, mostly his homework or missing pages from his notes. Other than that, it was really inundated with candy wrappers.

The next thing Nino saw was impossible. Under Masaki’s bed was something moving and making hissing sounds that he didn’t dare to touch it, even if he was wearing gloves. Masaki, however, saw his reaction and he immediately grabbed it from hell before pushing it towards Nino’s face.

And he ran for it, around and around the room until he landed on Masaki’s computer desk when the latter finally decided to leave him alone. Sighing in relief, he turned around. As he did so, he couldn’t help but gasp. Masaki’s desk was surprisingly clean and neat, no smudge or dust on it at all.

“Whoa!” Nino thought out loud as he rubbed the clean desk. “Masaki, why do you keep this clean?”

Said student shrugged, a shy smile on his face. “I just want to.”

“I would have--”

Nino stopped, realizing what Masaki meant when he “just want to.” On the shelves and even besides the laptop was a bunch of pictures of only the two of them. Nino looked around and saw that there were no picture frames hanging around the wall, whatsoever. But what he noticed was that the photo besides the laptop was them as children. Then to the left shelves were pictures of them growing and aging bit by bit; the left was the same and the current picture of them was hanging above the desk.

“Are you keeping it clean... because of me?” He asked Masaki curiously, hoping that his friend would say yes.

“Yes,” Masaki answered cheerily as he threw the last of the junk from the floor into a huge trash bag. “I do, Nino. I know how much you would like it if I were more organized so I kept the photos there, which was the only place I could put them, and seeing you reminded me!”

“Oh,” Nino breathed, feeling slightly better when he saw how clean it was, and his friend’s tactic of being clean; maybe that’s the reason why he always did well. Nino suddenly had an idea. “How would you like to have pictures of me... everywhere.”

Masaki looked unsure at first, and pondered about Nino’s suggestion. A good three minutes later, Masaki happily agreed and was already printing photos from his computer.

“This way, I don’t have to keep wasting 2 hours every night because of you,” He told the latter although he knew he was going to miss copying notes for Masaki. Right before he even turned around to watch Masaki at work, the sound of the printer was processing and already, the first photo was hanging above Masaki’s bed. Even though it’s creepy, at least it motivates Masaki from making more junk again.

END