3/12/13 -- Sorry (Part 5)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Sorry (Part 5)
Pairings:JunxNino
Genre:Angst
Rating:PG-13
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Warning:Character death
Word Count:517
Summary:I was meant to turn away, but I surprise myself.

 

 


I woke up the following day feeling somewhat refreshed and renewed. My whole body felt like it floated on a bundle of clouds that flowed freely underneath me, and massaged all of my aching bones with it’s airy hands. I had the urge to sigh pleasingly, but stopped myself when I heard a light snore behind me.

“S...” My throat made a funny sound trying to mention his name, but I stop before I make a fool out of myself again. He was gone, he was no longer with us, and he wasn’t the one sleeping behind me.

“Nino... are you awake?”

I freeze right up, unable to respond back. It was as if I was suddenly afraid of Jun, but it wasn’t that. I just didn’t know how to respond back or even being to think of I ended up on his bed; I swear I was on the spare bed last night. How did I end up here?

“Nino?” He calls for me again in a sleepy voice. “Can you hear me?”

Again, I don’t respond.

I thought Jun was going to keep on insisting if I was awake, but instead he remained silent. He must be thinking hard about something I might not have interest in. Just as I was about to announce how fully awake I was, a hand ran over my hair. Then I remembered. I was the one who came into his room last night since I was unable to fall asleep.

Jun sighed. “I... I loved him too, Nino. But I never hated you for it, and I don’t know why...I just want you to know that I’m here...”

There was this urge to tell him that I did not need any of his pity, or his act of help at all. He was no hero, or a super man that can suddenly swoop me from danger and make me feel like everything is going to be alright. Neither was he a savior that came down from heaven whose mission was so save me from my misery. I did not need any of his bull.

I was going to turn away from him and reject his words to tell him he was just helping an already lost cause. But instead, I turned around and surprising myself as I brought my arms around his slim body.

“I’m sorry...” I sob, hating myself for being such a wuss in front of him, “I... it wasn’t supposed to happen this way...”

“Shh...” He hushed me, his hands soothing the back of my worn shirt. “Everything is going to be alright...”

‘It won’t,’ was what I was going to tell him but instead I kept my mouth shut. I know I’m going to hate myself ro turning to someone else, to someone whose life I had ruined again and again.

I cried harder when I remembered him and hated the fact that this home used to belong to him and Jun. And I cried more the tighter Jun embraced me.

TBC