9/10/13 -- Grocery

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Grocery
Pairing:JunxAiba, OT5
Genre/Rating:Humor, Fluff / G
Word Count:703
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:It's grocery shopping! But Jun's not too happy about Masaki's choices.
 



Jun had been planning out their smart buy for this month's grocery, and he was hoping that it wouldn't reach over to a hundred dollars. That wouldn't be a problem though since Satoshi, Sho, and Kazunari all knew what to buy, and they've already told him what they wanted. However, his third son, Masaki, never told him anything till the very last moment. Literally the last moment.

Last month, he kept nagging Masaki to tell him what he wanted, but his son kept running around and doing things on his own. As a parent --  a single father of four boys -- he needed to hear Masaki's needs without being impatient. However, his son, to no avail, kept ignoring him so had had no choice but to leave it be -- also because he even asked him on grocery shopping day.

When they finally made it the market, Jun was still prying on Masaki, but the child suddenly disappeared; he sent his two eldest to look for him. While they were at it, he took the youngest with him around and asked for his help to get some things while he searched the shelf. When he tended back to the cart, however, he saw a mountain of things and Masaki standing with a huge grin besides the cart. Being a good father, he couldn't say no and ended up spending about three hundred that day.

"Now, Masaki," he bent down so he was face to face with his son, "I want you to buy things you need, not things you want."

"But I need them for my science experiment!" Masaki pouted and jumped up and down in disapproval.

"Is it for school?"

Masaki looked away, but Jun was able to notice the lie on his face. "Yes..."

"Masaki, I need you to be honest with me, Ok?"

"But I really--"

"It doesn't even work," Kazunari teased and mocked his older brother, "they all fail."

Jun gave the youngest a stern look and his son immediately zipped his mouth closed. "Masaki just get the things you need. Satoshi will help you."

"I don't need--"

"Ok," the eldest agreed right away and took his brother's hand. "We'll be back papa. I'll make sure he doesn't get a lot."

"Thanks, Satoshi," he sighed in relief as he stood up and brushed his hands through his hair. He watched after his two sons until they disappeared, then asked the other two to pick up things from the checklist (they each had their own copies). They went their own separate ways, and didn't contact each other until after an hour.

Sho and Kazunari each had a basket full of groceries and Jun checked the items just to make sure that it was all from the checklist. It was good enough so far, until he saw a pack of itching powder; he thought those things only existed in those prank stores. He handed said packet to Kazunari, who he knew would use the packet on his brothers.

"Ok, that's about it for the first half," he said as soon as Kazunari came back. "Have you see, Satoshi and Masaki? They should be--"

His eyes widened when he saw his other two sons walking towards them with four baskets: two in Satoshi's hands and two in Masaki's hands. He's told his sons that getting the items he assigned for them only took a basket, but...

Satoshi and Masaki came running towards them now with huge grins on their faces. They didn't even bother to stop for Jun to check the items and poured every contents from basket into the cart.

"Satoshi?" He pulled the eldest aside when he was finished.

"Sorry papa, Masaki told me so many things," his son told him carelessly before running off to his brothers. Jun sighed and slumped his shoulders, realizing that Masaki is unbreakable. He watched Masaki pour the last of the contents and threw aside the list when Masaki was finished. There was no point in it anymore. Sighing, he pulled the heavy cart to an available register as his sons, other than Masaki, began putting in things he was sure that wasn't even in the list...

In total, he spent about four hundred this month.

Jun sighed. He'll hire a baby sitter next month so he can go alone this time.

END