3/3/13 -- Forever (Part 14/Final)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Forever (Part 14/Final)
Pairings:NinoxSho
Genre:Fluff, AU, , Romance, (slight) Angst
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:2099
Summary:Summer was about to end. Just the thought of leaving Sho alone was just too much.
 

 


Kazu moaned softly as he opened his eyes, squinting when the sudden brightness in the room blinded him. As soon as his eyes adapted to the change in light, he saw the only person that can ever make him happy lying fast asleep besides him. Smiling, he brought his arms around the body and pressed his face against the broad chest. He lightly purred like a cat against the chest as he carelessly rubbed his cheeks against it.

Last night, he had to admit, had been the most amazing nights he had ever experienced in his life and age. He imagined he was going to live a because of his one-sided crush on his brother, but he never imagined something like last night would ever happen, even at such a young age. If he so happened to live that way, he might as well find a family, make kids, and so on, living a loveless life without his brother. But all of those thoughts were diminished as soon as summer began and every misunderstandings were finally cleared.

“Sho...” He whispered as he traced his fingers over the torso. “Thanks...”

“For?”

He gasped in surprise as an arm wove around his head. He totally made sure that Sho was asleep earlier... “F-for everything,” he stuttered, trying to make his thoughts shift to something else other than the image of his brother making love to him last night. Just the very thought of it made him blush, and he was afraid Sho might catch him; he didn’t.

“I’m not a God, Kazu,” Sho laughed as he wormed lower to meet his eyes. “You’re not the only one who’s thankful.”

Just as he was about to question who it was, Sho captured his lips in a kiss, taking his breath away in an instant. When he was let go, he knew who his brother was talking about. “To me? But I haven’t given you a lot to start with...”

“It doesn’t have to do with that. It’s because I already have you, and I couldn’t ask for more.”

Kazu was at a loss for words. He never really noticed just how cheesy Sho was, and how damn romantic he was with his words until now. It’s not that he hated it, but hearing it from Sho was... different and amazing at the same time. Yet he couldn’t help but pull his lips into a huge grin.

“What?” Sho asked as he looked at him suspiciously. “Did I say something funny?”

“No~”

“Then what is it?”

“I never thought my brother was chessy...” He couldn’t hold his laughter anymore and out it came as he held Sho’s body tighter for support. Thankfully, though, Sho didn’t hit him on the head for insulting him. Instead, he was showered with light kisses on his face.

“I’m glad that you’re the only who had the ability to make me say those kinds of things...”

When he finally ran out of breath, silence loomed over them. It wasn’t the kind of awkward silence that he preferred to stay away from. It was warm and comforting silence that all Kazu wanted to do all day was lay besides his brother as he listened to his heart beats and his breathes that echoed the room.

“I told him,” Sho spoke up, breaking the silence in between them.

“Told who what?”

“I actually invited Jun last night so I--”

“You did what?!” Kazu asked bewildered at the words he was hearing right now. Just as he was about to open his mouth again to say something, Sho put a finger over his lips.

“Let me continue. Like I was trying to say, I tried to tell him to stop and bothering him and that one other time was just a mistake. He wouldn’t stop bothering me that I had no choice but to invite him. Right when you were about to leave, I was going to tell him but things got different... I still told him though.”

After hearing his words, he felt like an idiot. He should have stayed to watch things unfold, but instead he was being such a damn girl who was on her monthly cycle. If he only knew the future, he wouldn’t have done it. But what’s done had already been done. “What was his reaction like?” Kazu smirked as he mentally shook his head of his thoughts.

“He looked surprised throughout it all, but he said it was fine since he knows I don’t like him that way.”

“Oh...” Kazu responded flatly. He would have thought that Jun was hurt like he was, but he realized that it was wrong to think of his reaction that way. Besides, he was a human being too who deserved to love. But not Sho, of course, since he’s already taken. “So he won’t bother you anymore... right?”

“Of course,” Sho chuckled. “With you around, I don’t think so. Not after you almost attacked him.”

“Good,” He snorted. “That better keep him away for good.”

They stayed in bed for a little while longer, not caring about how they were in each other’s eyes. After a good hour of talking and laughing, Sho decided it was time to head to school. It was a good thing he had switched to afternoon classes after claiming that he wanted to sleep besides him until the both of them had woken up. But that hadn’t changed everything. Sho still had his part-time job right after school, and he comes home during midnight or a few minutes after. Still, Kazu waited for him no matter how long it took.

Before he knew it, summer was close to the end. Staying in Sho’s apartment made it feel like summer was forever but it wasn’t when he happened to look at the calendar hanging besides Sho’s computer desk. It was flipped to August and the 29th was circled in a very thick red marker. He wasn’t aware he was crying until he felt a tear drop land on his leg.

“Stop crying,” He told himself through his irregular breathing. “It’s not like Sho’s going to be gone forever...”

But what if he never gets the chance to see Sho while he was at school, or worse, he probably won’t see him until next summer again. Not when things were just starting to get better, he really didn’t want to leave Sho by himself in this two-bedroom apartment. Who would make him omelet dinner when he comes home? Who would liven up his day when he was bored or feeling down? Who would eat his amazing dishes on weekends he was home? Kazu cried harder although he told himself not to. He hadn’t realized just how alone his brother was until he invaded the apartment as soon as summer began. If then he was gone, who would tell Sho he loved him?

“Kazu?” The sound of his brother’s voice from behind the closed door alerted him. He must have sat there the whole afternoon staring at the darn thing without eating or taking care of himself first. As soon as the bedroom door opened, he turned the chair around and faced the desk.

“Why are the lights off?” He hears Sho ask him at the same time the blinding lights were .

Kazu sniffled although he didn’t mean to since his brother might hear him. On the second time he did it, Sho was immediately behind him as arms wrapped themselves around his shoulders.

“Kazu, what’s the matter?” Sho asked worriedly. “Does something hurt?”

He shook his head not wanting his brother to worry more about a small scratch or whatever; he didn’t even have one. Instead of answering, he weakly pointed to the calendar, right where there was a huge red circle.

“I-- Oh...”

“I won’t see you again,” Kazu spoke up. He knows he’s just being dramatic since Sho might visit over the weekends, if he decides to, and it wasn’t like they’ll ever see again. But knowing that he had to leave Sho’s side, he couldn’t bear just the thought of it.

“Don’t say that, Kazu,” Sho hushed as he turned the chair around so he was facing him. “I’m not going to let that happen.”

He looked up in surprise, or tried to since his eyes were so blurry from the tears. “What do you mean?”

“I’ve been thinking... Why don’t you live with me?”

Suddenly, he felt his soul being lifted off the ground. “Can I really?!”

“I mean... if mom and dad are ok with it... yeah, you can.”

Kazu wanted to scream so badly right now. He remembered before that he asked his brother at the start of summer if he could live with him, not knowing at that moment why he rejected his offer. Now that his brother brought it up again, there was suddenly a light shining on the path before him...



“No.”

“What?!” Kazu yelled in disbelief. “But I can already live with Sho! I’m used to it. Am I right?” He looked at his brother for support and was relieved that Sho nodded his head. He looked back at his father who was hidden behind a newspaper.

“Just let him go, papa,” He hears his mom say, glad that she was the one who was on his side, at least. “He’ll get to experience what’s it like living out there without parents.”

“Yeah,” Kazu agreed. “Please, can I?!”

Behind the newspaper, there came a sigh. A second later, his father flipped a page.

“Will I?!” Kazu asks again, getting even more impatient by the minute. “Please~”

Again, he sighed, but this time he didn’t turn a page. Instead, his dad closed it, folded it, and placed it nicely on the table in front of him. As expected, he didn’t have an expression or whatsoever on his face. He knows that his dad was mad inside, but he just refused to show it.

“Fine, you can go.”

Kazu clicked his tongue. He knew his dad wasn’t going to say yes eventually, and was going to-- Wait. What?

“What?” He repeated out loud, swearing he heard a different answer this time. “I really couldn’t--”

“You can live with your brother, Kazu,” His dad repeats before glancing at Sho. “Just make sure he stays out of trouble.”

What happened next was a daze. After hearing his father approve their idea of living together, he really didn’t know how to react or how to even move anymore, despite the fact that his brain functioned just fine. He didn’t even know he was standing in front of a ferris wheel under the night sky until Sho pinched his skin.

“Ow!” He yelped in pain as soon as he felt his nerves working again. “That-- What are we doing here?” He looked around him, finding everything familiar. It was like the night when Sho had taken him to the ferris wheel, but the situation was different then. Sho refused to answer him and he was about to ask him again when he was suddenly pulled into a compartment. Before he could protest, the doors were closed and up they went.

“What are you planning?” Kazu asked suspiciously as he watched his brother tense up from the change in heights. “Don’t you hate being up there?”

Once again, Sho ignored him as if he was just the wind whistling in past his ears. Just as he was about to scream, however, his brother’s hand shot out grabbed him by the wrist and was forced to sit besides him. “Wha--”

His brother was indeed getting worse every minute the ferris wheel advance higher off the ground. Sho’s whole body was trembling besides him as if he was cold in the summer weather.

“I do hate it,” Sho finally spoke. “But I don’t hate being here with you.”

“What--”

He was cut off when soft lips brushed lightly on his own. As it stayed there unmoving, he finally understood why Sho had brought them up here. He smiled. “Stupid. You didn’t have to bring me up here.”

“But it’s where everything began,” Sho says in a shaky voice. “And I want it to last forever, this time.”

Kazu rolled his eyes at his brother’s stupidity, but then again, the last time they were there, it was very short. Taking one last look at the bright lights, he smiled and allowed himself to be taken by his brother for the second time. Even if the ride was short itself, it definitely felt like they were up there forever.

END