2/26/13 -- Feels (Part 11/14)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Feels (Part 11/14)
Pairings:NinoxSho
Genre:Fluff, AU, , Romance
Rating:PG
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1617
Summary:Even though he was aware of the man that almost slept with his brother, he still loved his brother no matter what.

 


In the past, he's made friends with his brother's friends who thought he was a "cute little minion" for always following his brother around. They invited him to play games at the arcade or a simple hang out at local parks as they rated every girl that passes by them. Even though he had no interest in girls back then, he still went because his brother went (even though he heard him a couple of times that he wasn't interested; he couldn't say no).

However, Kazu was picky. Very picky that at times, he would tell Sho to stop hanging out with the person he doesn't agree with, especially if they were a threat. But the truth was that the ones he saw as a threat to his brother did nothing wrong. He realized by now that he was just afraid they'll take Sho from him. And that was exactly how he felt about that Jun guy even though they finally fixed the misunderstanding feelings between them.

Ever since Sho came back home he hasn't been able to focus well. The omelet he promised for his brother was the least of concerns. He spent less time cooking it that he handed it to his brother half cooked, with cold rice besides it. Sho gave him a questioning look to which he had the right to ignore.

“Kazu, is everything alright?”

In his mind, he nodded his head rapidly, but outside, he calmly shook his head. “Why do you ask?”

“You seem... a bit off. You didn’t even greet me by the doorway.”

The way his brother was expressing his worried mind made him feel like such an idiot for acting like an towards him. But he couldn’t help it. Every time he looked at him, he was reminded of the man he almost slept with and the email from this morning. He knows he shouldn’t he such a baby about it either since no one would fix his problems for him.

“Kazu?”

A hand shot out from underneath the table then he felt a hand gently hold his. He responded back half-heatedly and weakly held onto the warm hand.

“Will you tell me what’s wrong?”

He shook his head and muttered out a silent no. And every time he responded in the same way, his brother moved in closer and closer until their knees were touching.

“Kazu, tell me what’s wrong,” His brother asked again, this time with a stricter tone.

Kazu could really feel his brother’s eyes on his face and he felt as if he was about to get a scolding. However, he felt the same warm hand touch his chin as his head was lifted up; he still refused to meet his eyes.

They stayed in that same position for a while longer when all of a sudden, his brother kissed him fully on the lips. This time, his eyes moved to his brother’s face and jumped when he saw that Sho was looking at him with half-lidded eyes. He sat there frozen and unmoving, afraid that by just looking at his eyes, his true feelings at the moment will reveal itself.

“Kazu...” Sho mumbled as he pulled both his hands and his lips away. “Do you not want to be with me anymore?”

Surprisingly, a whine came out of his mouth. “It’s not that...”

“Then what is it?” Sho insisted, his hand coming back to hold his again. “Tell me please, Kazu.”

“It’s...” He looked away when he felt his cheeks burn up for the umpteenth time that summer. He took his chance to think of something, a good excuse, other than blurting out that he was jealous of that man Sho almost slept with because he knew he would look silly doing it. If he didn’t, his brother would still get the wrong idea.

“It’s because you’ve been gone, and I miss you!” He quickly spoke up again just before he felt Sho’s hand ready to leave. Well, it sounded cheesy, but it’ll do... right?

The worried expression on Sho’s face disappeared in an instant and was replaced by a huge smile. Mentally, Kazu sighed in relief. “God, Kazu. You almost scared me.”

They stayed in the kitchen for a while, chatting about whatever until one of them felt like their eyes were going to give out on them. Kazu laughed. He thought that he would be the one to die out first, but it was his brother. It’s pretty understandable since he gets home very late and wakes up early in the morning just for school. After he finished washing the dishes and putting Sho’s suff away from him, he grabbed his hand and escorted him to the bigger bedroom.

“Change your clothes,” Kazu insisted as soon as he closed the door behind them. “You’re going to sweat while you’re sleeping.”

Sho obeyed right away, but only took off his pants and his shirt without really putting anything on. He only wore blue boxers. As he lazily moved towards the bed, he dragged Kazu by the waist along with him.

“Let me go~” He whined, although he really didn’t mean it. “I can walk over by myself, you know?!”

Sho only laughed as he turned him around to face him. For the first time since coming over, he has never noticed Sho’s face. He always saw it as a flawless face as if it came out of a magazine from GQ, but there were dark bags underneath his eyes, and he looked tired as hell. But underneath all that, he still saw Sho as the same man he looked up to, and the person he loved as a brother and an individual.

“Is there something on my face?” Sho asked, his eyes going wide as he said it.

“Nothing~” Kazu hummed. “I just like looking at it.” After saying so, he squirmed his arm up, out of Sho’s arm, and held his brother’s cheek. Despite the summer heat, he loved the way it made his hand warm.

He let his hand stay there as he continued to watch his brother watch him. In Sho’s eyes, he saw himself, the person who was not an idiot for being jealous over the guy his brother almost slept with. Is that how his brother always looked at him?

Without warning, his brother’s eyes closed shut and the space in between them had vanished. Kazu laid unmoving at first, not sure what was happening, but his eyes closed as well as his arms circled around his brother’s neck. This, to him, felt like he was having his first kiss being stolen again. And no matter how many times this is going to happen, he felt butterflies flapping their huge wings in his stomach.

Kazu pulled away briefly and looked into his brother’s eyes. “I love you, Sho.”

There, he said it. Without hesitation or feeling weird at all even though he hasn’t rehearsed this scene in his head either.

“I love you too, Kazu...” Sho breathed, looking obviously surprised. “But why so sudden?...”

Kazu gasped playfully, trying to sound offended. “Meanie...”

“I didn’t mean it that way!” Sho quickly added in. “It’s just... I never thought that you would say those words to me...”

“Why?”

“Because... I didn’t think you loved me.”

“Harsh,” Kazu inhaled, although he thought the same until his feeling for his brother changed. “But I guess we’re even. I didn’t think you loved me too.”

Sho laughed. “Well, now we resolved that shall we...”

Kazu’s eyes widened. He knew what his brother was trying to offer; he quickly shook his head. It’s one thing to get over the barrier of a forbidden relationship, but another to go all the way deep. He wasn’t just ready yet.

“Ok,” Sho simply shrugged, looking unfazed about his decision. “Now can we go back?...”

“Oh yeah,” He nodded his head as he once again, circled his arms around Sho’s neck. “That, I can do.”



He swears he’s going to kill Sho, for opening the damn door, by the time he gets back from the kitchen after retrieving three cups of tea. While he was doing that, though, he was stuck in the living room with him. He knew the moment he heard that doorbell’s ringing echoing early in the morning was a bad sign after all.

“You must be Sho’s little brother,” He smiled as he shot out his hand for a shake. “I’m Matsumoto Jun. Sho’s friend. Sorry about the other day... I’m embarrassed sitting in the same room with you right now...”

“Oh,” Kazu took the hand and shook it a bit harshly, “I didn’t see anything that day at all. Nothing at all.”

“Thank goodness,” the man sighed in relief as he leaned back into the couch opposite of him after Kazu had let his hand go. “I didn’t want to meet you with a bad first impression.”

Oh, but you already did, you good-looking son of a--

“Here’s the tea,” Sho came in, which is a good thing because he was about to attack the man using his mental images. As he set the carefully cups down one by one, Kazu couldn’t help but notice the other man staring so hard at his brother.

Get your goddamn eyes off--

At times like these, like in the past, he would tell his brother straightforwardly not to be friends with that man anymore. But instead, he held his tongue and was left to stare at the equally good-looking man, who he can’t even compare himself to, in front of him. He had to admit, though. That Jun guy is good-looking.

TBC