10/6/13 -- Maze

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Maze
Pairing:OhnoxSho, Kaze
Genre/Rating:Fluff, Humor / G
Word Count:433
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Sho's absolutely terrified of clowns, but his best friend helps him.

 



Sho's always been terrified of clowns, thanks to Aiba who made them watch the movie It. He had to sit through the whole thing and he didn't even know the story because he kept hiding behind the huge pillow that covered his whole body. But that day, he remembered the oldest of them all, Ohno, smiling reassuringly at him as he held his hand underneath the blanket he and his friends shared.

At the moment, he was completely terrified as once again, Aiba decided to bring them to the amusement park. Ever since they entered, the first thing he saw was clowns everywhere and all he wanted to do was hide! But he didn't want to seem a coward towards his friends, especially Nino who would use that opportunity to forever, along with Jun; he wouldn't want to be the laughing stock now.

"Now, Masaki," Masaki's parents stopped and gave them each ten dollars to use. "You look after you friends and be a brave soldier, ok?"

"Ok!" Masaki grinned from cheek to cheek.

"We'll meet in this same place in two hours."

"Roger!" Soon, Masaki's parents left them all alone, and Sho wished they hadn't. Who knew what Masaki would do.

"Wait, guys," came Nino's voice from behind him. He swore he heard him say it evilly, as if he had something planned. "Let's go to the mirror maze."

"No!" Sho quickly stood in the middle and shook his head furiously. "There is no way we will go."

"Aww," Nino grabbed his cheek and shook his head side to side. "I'll tell the whole fifth grade that you are a baby if you don't!"

"What?!"

"Yeah, come with," Masaki and Jun said in unison as the trio started walking to the said maze.

"I--"

Sho stopped short when he felt Ohno's hand rest on his shoulder. He turned around and saw the oldest, smiling so reassuringly at him that his head nodded itself and followed the three to his doom. Once he was inside, however, Sho began to tremble and wished he hadn't gone in even if Ohno asked him to.

"Come on!" The trio encouraged him, but they all walked on by themselves, leaving only him and Ohno.

"I don't want to go..." Sho trembled and took a step back. "But--"

"It's ok," Ohno said in his sleepy voice as his hand s grabbed his. "I'll be here."

As if it was a spell, Sho took a step forward and gripped Ohno's hands tighter around his own. At least he was more caring than the other three...

END