11/18/13 -- Symbols (Part 41/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Home Sweet Home: Symbols
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:523
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary: How am I supposed to answer him when my feelings were in turmoil?
Warning:Character death


“How are you feeling?” Father Ohno asked and sat on the empty chair beside me. I clearly said that I didn’t want any visitors, but Father Ohno, Sakurai-sensei and his wife were allowed to because they knew us well.

I shrugged. How am I supposed to answer him when my feelings were in turmoil? One second I was depressed and I wanted to off myself, then the next I was stressed because I had to be presentable to the music station in a few days, then later on he would be angry at the world and himself after drinking a can of beer or two, then the next he would cry until there was nothing left in him. I wanted to slap myself. How could I think of work at a time like this?

“Aiba-kun’s proud of you, you know. As soon as he heard you shot up in fame, he wanted to go visit you.”

“Then why didn’t he,” I snapped, but when I saw Father Ohno’s unmoving sympathetic face, I quickly apologized. I was being such an to everyone.

“It’s OK,” Father Ohno mumbled and patted me on the back. “Aiba-kun… wouldn’t he not like it if you did that?”

He gestured his head towards the can of beer in my hand and a cigarette in the other. I hadn’t realized that I went back to my bad habits pf smoking and drinking at the same time until Father Ohno had pointed out. I hated myself again when I stubbed the cigarette on the ash tray, realizing that I was smoking in our old house, and I was only a few feet from Masa’s casket.

Masa’s casket… I hadn’t done it yet. Said my goodbyes, I mean. I… I don’t think I could do it.

“I’ll be back, Father Ohno. Take care of Jun for me, will you?”

When the old man nodded I left him alone at the front of the house to stare after me. I wonder if he thought that I was being an towards everyone and Masa, but he didn’t know how I felt. Not really…

Honestly, I didn’t know where the hell I was going. My feet were taking me to places Masa , Jun, and I had been to, places where we explored, where we created family bonds, and places where Masa and I used to hide away from others to keep them from learning about our relationship.

I truly missed those days, back when everything wasn’t so… dull. Back when Masa was so bright, so amazing, and so beautiful. I miss him… I miss us…

I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I stopped and bent down a familiar hiding spot. It was just behind the library, where Jun had spotted us and found out about our relationship. I bent down beside the huge bookshelf, tore at the carpet that replaced the wooden floor and saw it: Masa and my initials engraved on the floor.

A.M. + N.K. forever.

I laughed bitterly as I ran a hand over the heart around our initials. There was no such thing as forever.
 
TBC