3/20/13 -- Nightmare (Part 9)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Nightmare (Part 9)
Pairings:JunxNino, ShoxNino
Genre:Angst
Rating:PG-13
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Warning:Character death.
Word Count:1800
Summary:I didn't mean to be absent from him, and if I hadn't gone, it wouldn't have happened.

 


I can’t believe we were fighting about it again. All I wanted was for him to understand that I was simply out with a friend from high school, and nothing happened after. Just a shake, a goodbye, and a promise to meet each other again in the near future. However, on that day, he happened to be in the same place and assumed that I was cheating behind his back. A week has passed since then and he was still unable to identify with my story.

“I already told you nothing happened, Sho,” I told him, trying to tone my voice down to avoid adding into his temper. “I--”

He harshly slapped my hand away when I tried to touch his arm, and managed to pull back my anger and disappointment. This whole week, I went by trying to survive from his loss of contact and interest in me. I told myself that no matter how childish he was being right now, I should always smile. To smile and to comfort him in anyway possible-- but this whole week, it barely worked on him.

“Leave me,” He grumbled as he turned around so his back faced me.

“But Sho... I--” I attempted to touch him again, or to embrace him and tell him how much I missed us. To tell him that he’s the only one I loved, and the only person I would ever cheat with my whole life. However, it seems that no matter how many times I tried, he rejected me. Him and his stupid childish behavior.

“Fine,” I snapped and my heel, “I’ll leave.”

I didn’t intend to ever get mad or snap at him, but it just happened...



I took small steps, itty, bitty, tiny steps just so Sho could catch up with me. He must have realized by now that I was out of our apartment and ran after me. When I looked back after I paused, I didn’t see his worried face coming into view. I frowned. It was obvious that he wouldn’t run after me, not after he told me himself to leave. Just as I was about to advance further, I stumbled back on my bottom.

“Watch it, you !” I yelled angrily when a man dressed in dark clothing ran past me. He must not have heard me cursing at him as he continued down the sidewalk. I sprang back up to my feet to run after him, but he was already far away. Too far that he was taking the route to the apartments so I decided to let it be. The man was probably late to something.

As I continued further down the sidewalks, taking turns around corners and crossing streets, I realized that I had gone too far. I was already mixing in with the city people and I wasn’t that far from the cafe Sho and I frequented. It was already night time as well. How can time go by so fast?

I hurry back home, wondering if Sho was still moping where I had last left him. Besides, he wasn’t going to run after me since I can find the way back home without him. He’s probably on our bed, cursing at himself for driving me out and for being an . Or maybe, he had calmed down and was waiting for me with his arms open wide. I couldn’t help but let out a small giggle.

When I finally made it to our apartment floor, I sped walk to the end of the hallway and stopped short when I saw a man come out from an apartment. He looked flustered and hurried as if he had done something suspicious. When he saw me, he lowered his eyes so I was only able to get a look of his expression and not his whole face. However, he seemed oddly familiar. The man was dressed in nothing but black clothing and it looked bulky as if the fats in his body were misplaced. Where have I--

I remember now. He’s the who pushed past me and didn’t bother to stop and apologize. Just as I was about to yell for his attention, I halted once again. I looked at the man, the apartment he left from, and the man again. It wasn’t until he came so close to me that I smelled something oddly familiar... The smell of... blood! My eyes grew wide when I saw a small droplet of blood land on the floor as the man advanced past me. The first thing I intended to do was run after him, catch him, and bring him to the police station, but something prevented me from doing so.

Looking back, I noticed that he had come from the apartment at the end of the hall. Since the doors were on the left side, I was unable to see the block number, but I knew very well who’s apartment that was: ours.

I was already on my feet and had forgotten about the suspicious man. All that I cared about was Sho’s safety. Though as I ran, tears were threatening to come out of my eyes.

The door to our apartment was left open and I could see small droplets of blood tracing from where I stood. I hope, I wish, that it was that man’s blood and Sho was the one who was protecting himself. However, I followed the blood just to make sure that my scenario was right. I thought that I was at the end of the trail since it was too dark to see, but I noticed a very dark smudge on the wooden floor. It was as if whoever was struggling was dragging themselves across...

“Sho...” I weakly called out as I continued to follow the mysterious long trail of blood. “Sho...”

I came to a stop when I heard a very small and weak grunt. I had no idea where it was coming from until I looked down and realized the trail had stopped. It was right in front of our bedroom where all our magic happened.

“Don’t play with me,” I breathed as I dared to open the bedroom door. “Sho, quit playing with me...”

Or so I thought he was. Right when I opened the door, I saw him. His paled face and the way he was clutching so hard onto his stomach. Because he was wearing a white shirt today, I saw a huge stain of mess seeping out of his body.

At first, I couldn’t get myself to move. I stood on the ground, frozen and lost. However, when I heard a small grunt escape his lips my eyes fixated on his face. And then I ran, almost slipping from the pool of blood that started to form around him.

I scooped him as gently as I could from the floor and rocked him back and forth. Without even realizing it, I began to cry, begging him not to leave me and that I was sorry for leaving him in the first place. “Sho, please... please say something... I’m sorry... I...”

“Shh...”

I looked up from my blurred eyes and saw that he was smiling. He was smiling at the worst possible times. “...Ni... no...”

“W-what is it?!”

“I... lo...ve... you...”

I felt my heart break into pieces even though I heard him say those words to me again. Oh how I missed those words coming from him.

“I love you too...” I replied back as I gently kissed his forehead. “I’m... I’m going to call for an ambulance and... and they’ll come and... Sho!”

I feel my heart stop when I see his eyes begin to droop. God, I wished that he was just going to sleep and wake up tomorrow, but God knows that won’t happen. As soon as I saw him, I immediately reached for my phone and dialed 119 the best I can with my trembling hands. They answered right away and I was able to briefly explain the situation we were in right now. After they had told me that they were going to send an ambulance, I hung up and threw the phone across the room.

“Sho, I ca-- Sho?” I shook him awake when I noticed his eyes were closed. “Sho? E-everything’s going to be fine now... Sho?”

He made no movements whatsoever and stayed still. I shook him again, hoping that his eyes would open and that he would laugh at me for falling for his jokes. But knowing Sho, he wasn’t like that. He took death pretty seriously ever since one of his uncle died right before his eyes.

“...Sho?...”

No... No, no, no, no! It was all my fault--

“Sho!” I yelled as I shook his body harder. “Wake the up!”

He still refused to respond to me and he won’t open his eyes no matter how many times I called his name. I was so angry that I dropped him to the floor without thinking. Before I knew it, I began to laugh. When I saw both of my bloodied hands, I laughed even harder and slammed them into the pool of blood. But I didn’t stop even though I retrieved Sho’s lifeless body in my arms again.

I continued until I heard multiple voices and footsteps making themselves known in our apartment did I stop. I looked around then at Sho’s still beautiful face.

“I did this to you... I... I was the one who killed you... I--”

I paused when I felt someone shaking me. It became harder and harder the more I refused to respond so I finally looked back when I was starting to get irritated. It was one of the medics who glared at me while he pointed down. I followed his finger and saw that I was no longer holding Sho. It was someone else. Someone I had seen before so many times after I first met Sho...

“Jun?”

“Nino...”

My eyes flew open and I was startled by everything around me. In my arms was not Sho, and I wasn’t surrounded by his blood. Instead, I held onto something warm and I was buried in soft pillows and thick blankets.

“Sho?” My voice croaked when I called out for his name. “Is that... you?”

I thought it was Sho since he always felt so warm when I held onto him every night. But it wasn’t him. When the person in my arms turned around, my breath hitched. Not because I was surprised, but relieved. It was wrong to feel it but... it just felt so right at the moment. Without thinking, I buried my head in the crook of Jun’s neck and brought him closer to my body. It wasn’t long before I began to cry while he gently ran his hand on my back.

“It’s ok...” He whispers. “It was just a nightmare.”

TBC