2/12/13 -- Lend

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Lend
Pairings:NinoxSho
Genre:High School AU, Angst
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:299
Summary:He finally came up with the courage to speak to him.

 


For years he has kept silent all because he was too much of a coward to talk to him. He tried finding many ways to approach him but when the day came to actually talk to him, he ran away instead. However, today, he was finally going to talk to him... During class, that is.

Their English teacher was, as usual, boring. All he talked about was the history of English and not the language which they were supposed to learn in the first place. When the teacher turned around, he finally took the chance to talk to him since he sat in a desk before him after all.

“Uh...” He tapped the other nervously on the shoulder. “Can I borrow a pencil?”

He turned around and flashed a smile. A beautiful one, too, that would immediately make anyone melt.

“Sure, Ninomiya-kun,” He smiled as he handed said student a yellow mechanical pencil.

He said nothing more after that, afraid that he would get himself and the other student in trouble.

As the time went on, he eventually forgot about the pencil he borrowed that he ended up bringing it home.

“I’ll bring it back tomorrow,” He mumbled to himself as he held the pencil dearly against his chest.

The following day, Nino was ready to give his long-time crush his pencil back right when he walked through the open doorway. However, time went on and the latter did not show up, and neither did he show up when class started.

“Class,” His homeroom teacher spoke up as soon as he entered the classroom. “Sakurai-san won’t be with us anymore. He’s moved to another school.”

“Eh?!” Everyone in the classroom yelled, except Nino.

Just when he was finally able to talk to him, he left too soon without notice.

END