9/11/13 -- Goldfish

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Goldfish
Pairing:OhnoxNino
Genre/Rating:Fluff / G
Word Count:274
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Ohno just wants to sleep, but Nino wants to keep playing.

 



Ohno hid his mouth behind his hands as he tried his best to stay awake, but whatever face he pulled made his friend laugh. He shrugged sleepily and set the items in his hands down on the wooden table. All he wanted to do was sleep for now because it was already past midnight, and he ate too much sugar earlier. When he was about to lay down, however, his friend kicked his feet underneath the table. He jolted back up in full attention, but his eyelids were droopy.

"Can we go to sleep now?" Ohno yawned as he tried to keep his eyes open.

"No," Nino shook his head and stuck his tongue out, "we have to finish this game first."

"But we already finished three games," Ohno whined.

"Not until I win a game."

"Does it matter?"

"Yes," Nino hissed, "you're supposed to at anything that has the word 'game' in it."

"So?"

"So what I'm saying is," Nino glanced at the set in his hands then back at Ohno. "Do you have a six?"

Ohno sluggishly picked up his set and scanned it before saying, "No. Goldfish."

Nino groaned and took another card from the deck, adding another card into his huge stack of decks he already had, while Ohno only had three left. He tried to stay up to satisfy Nino, but his eyes and his mentality couldn't take it any longer. Before he knocked out on the table, he heard Nino grumble, "Are these cards sabotaged?!" Ohno wanted to tell him that he gathered a lot of random cards he found around the house enough to play goldfish, but he was too sleepy to move a muscle.

END