2/17/13 -- Sundae (Part 2/14)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Sundae (Part 2)
Pairings:NinoxSho
Genre:Fluff, AU,
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1052
Summary:Kazu hates to admit it, but he really missed his brother even though he had no idea why he was so mad at him.
 


He intended to fall asleep right away, but his eyes refused to. In fact, he was happy to see his brother's face again. It made him really happy even when he heard his voice earlier, the way his deep yet soft voice swayed in his ears like a melody, he could listen to it all day if he had to. But he was mad, and he didn't know why.

To make things worse, he heard a light knock on his doorway.

"Kazu," Came his brother's sweet voice. "Come out and eat. I promise I'll talk to you later."

He refused to move from his bed or even say anything to let his brother know he was still alive. Right now, he'd rather stay "dead."

"Kazu, I know you're there."

He told himself he wasn't going to speak, but there goes his mouth again. "I'm not here."

"Are you..." His brother paused. Kazu knew he was laughing inside. "...Mad at me?"

"No," he grumbled as he pulled the thin blanket over his head. "Go away, Sho."

"Oh, first names? You are mad, Kazu. Just come out so I can figure out what's wrong with you. I'll give you ice cream later~"

Kazu scoffed out loud for his brother to hear. "I'm not eight."

"Well, you're acting like one right now."

Kazu immediately sat up, swearing his whole body would burst out from the unknown anger. He sat at the edge of his bed seething before he stood up and stomped towards the door. As soon as he turned the knob, the first thing he saw was his brother smirking, his arms crossed against his chest. It wasn't the playful look in his eyes that got to him, but the way he looked.

Sho had really changed since he saw him last. He still had his surprisingly good looks, but the month he has been gone did a good amount of deal on him. He seemed much stronger as if he could beat up about six people in one punch yet he still looked like he could gently hold a newborn puppy. When Kazu saw this, he paused for a great moment, his mouth opening and closing like a fish. Without a second thought, he put his arms around his brother, anger forgotten and all.

"I missed you," he mumbled lazily against his brother's heaving chest. "You promised you'd come over during the weekends."

Sho sighed heavily as if what he's about to say was horrible, but instead his arms made their way around his thin body. "I'm sorry, Kazu. It's just school--"

"Yeah, I know," he interrupted, knowing that his brother will go on about school and how busy he was.

"Now will you eat breakfast? Mom and dad are worried."

"I will," he finally gave in as he let him go, immediately regretting that he did. As he did so, his brother turned around and made his way downstairs; he followed a second after.



He really felt like an eight year old. Despite what he thought about it, he still let his brother treat him to the most expensive sundae ice cream in the nearest ice cream shop they could find. To make it even weirder, his brother sat across from him, starring at him with a smile.

"What?" Kazu snapped. "Are you making fun of me?"

"Nope."

"Then what?"

"You have dried ice cream in the corner of your lips. It's been there since you first took a bite."

"Wha--" Kazu was about to wipe it off himself when instead, his brother wiped it off for him. As he felt the thumb wipe his mouth, his whole body froze as well as his eyes widening at the process.

"Silly Kazu, you-- what's wrong?" He heard his brother ask worriedly as soon as he pulled his hand away. "Stomach ache?"

He still sat there frozen, staring at the space where his brother was before he stood up and was not saw besides him. His body was not moving as it was still in the same position of attempting to wipe his mouth, but his breathing was at least going at a normal pace. Or so he thought.

“Kazu?” His brother was starting to sound really worried about him. “Why are you breathing so fast?”

“...”

“We--”

“Sho...” He finally spoke, his voice oddly weak. “...Don’t leave anymore...”

From the corner of his eye, he saw his brother’s eyebrow go up. “I have to, Kazu. I won’t always be around, you know.”

“I know,” He sighed, knowing what his brother had just said was the truth. But he didn’t want it to be. He wanted his brother to be there all the time for him, to make him smile, laugh, and to treat him to ice cream like he was eight years old. “Then... can I move in with you?”

“What?!” Sho exclaimed.

“That way, I’ll get to see you everyday!” He explained excitedly, hoping that his brother would say yes. “It’s not that far from my school either.”

“But Kazu,” His brother sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. “I... I don’t think I can. I’m not that responsible enough.”

“Yes, you are,” He argued, “You’re an adult already and I can take care of myself now.”

Sho shrugged as he looked at his brother in hesitance. “I don’t know if I can...”

He knew his brother was eventually going to say no. Just when he was about to give up, he suddenly thought of a great reason to live with him. Even if it was just for a short while.

“I know! Since it’s summer, why don’t I go over?!” He asked him then, a huge smile forming on his face. “Please?!”

His brother laughed. “I’m not a grandma, Kazu.”

“I know that!” He puffed his cheeks until he couldn’t anymore. “But can I? Please? Pretty please?!”

“If I say yes, will you calm down? I think you’ve had too much sugar...”

“Thank you!” Kazu squealed. “Let’s go!”

It might have been the sugar rush that got him all hyped up but it was obvious it was his brother’s final decision that did it. As soon as his brother paid for the sundae, they were soon on the road with Kazu jumping excitedly on his seat.

TBC