3/10/13 -- Ajar (Part 4)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Ajar (Part 4)
Pairings:JunxNino
Genre:Angst
Rating:PG-13
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Warning:Character death
Word Count:797
Summary:Despite my resisting actions, he stayed.
 

 


I ignored the people’s eyes on my pale and sunken face as I rode the subway. They looked at me as if I was some helpless and weak person, but I really didn’t care what their looks meant. I was too distracted by Jun who kept glancing at me from time to time. I know he’s worried, but why should he be?

“Will you stop?” I hissed. “I’m not going anywhere.”

“You’re lying,” he tells me. And he was right. I lied to him. Not just this once, but so many times to get rid of him, but it never seemed to work. “You’re staying with me until everything is settled, OK? I don’t like it when you disappear. Even he wouldn’t like it.”

Inside of my head, I hear glass shattering. He was so wrong to ever mention him, even if he didn’t speak his name. At the same time the train stopped, I stood up and punch him square on the face. He looked up at me with disbelief, but he never looked at me with anger, but he only showed it with his voice. He never did even though I took his lover away from him. “Don’t you ever mention him again!” I yell and pull back when I see that he tries to reach for me. “Just...”

I don’t continue my sentence since I really had nothing else left to say. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of the train and walked as fast as I could away from there. I didn’t want to be with him. Not now. He’s just making things worse for me, and just being by him reminded him of the person I loved the most dead, sagging lifelessly in my arms.

But I didn’t get far from the train than I had intended. I was barely at the bottom of the stairs when strong hands caught me as I fainted into a deep sleep...



“Nino...”

My eyes don’t open immediately when I hear a voice calling for my name. It sounded so low and soft that it almost sounded just like him. But when I opened my eyes, I see someone else. It wasn’t my dead lover, but was the last person I had seen in the train. He smiled in relief, but I can see that he was still so worried about me.

“Good. You’re awake...”

I refused to respond back. Instead, I scowled and turned away from him. I slapped his hand away when he tried to soothe my back and covered my ears when he began to talk. But despite my resisting actions, he remained. He never moved from the same spot and continued to babble on and on about something. When I thought he was going to leave, instead I feel something soft and moist touch my cheek.

A gasp barely came out, realizing by then that Jun had just barely pecked small kiss on my cheek. My mother used to do that to me too, when I was a kid, but I had grown out of it a long time ago. Today was a first, experiencing it from someone else other than my mother and him.

“Sleep tight,” Jun whispers as the sound of his footsteps grew smaller. “My door is open if you need me...”

I couldn’t sleep a wink that night. Whenever I closed my eyes, I saw a pool of blood underneath me as his dead eyes stared back at me, blaming me for being absent. My eyes flew open and I could feel something wet trail down my cheek bones.

Without thinking, I stood up. I wobbled on the floor from the sudden rush of light headedness, but I regained my posture within seconds. When I felt like I was back to normal, I took a step and another and another until I ended up in front of a door. It was ajar as Jun had promised me earlier and I could see that he was lying near the edge of the bed. As if he was expecting me to sleep besides him. And I did just that.

As I laid my weary body on the bed, I turned to face the opposite wall. I know just how wrong this is since I betrayed both me and him. But I couldn’t sleep and my body was asking me for one. For one moment to finally get some rest. When my eyes closed, I felt the bed underneath me creak at the same time I felt soothing hands run over my messy hair gently.

“Sleep,” I hear him whisper a few inches from behind me.

And so I listened to his words, and soon found my body drifting away...

TBC