3/9/13 -- Trouble (Part 3)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Trouble (Part 3)
Pairings:ShoxAiba
Genre:Fluff, Preschool AU, (slight) Angst, Friendship
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1132
Summary:He had only met Masaki, but things were starting to get out of hand.
 

 


He was unable to learn anything about the boy, but his name, when one of the teachers caught him. Before he can say anything to Masaki, he was already gone like cookie he had eaten earlier. He wished he could run as fast as Masaki, but his physical abilities failed to let him.

“Sakurai-kun, did we not go over that this place is restricted?” She asked, her eyes glaring into his very soul.

“But I was--”

“We’ll have to call your parents.”

“But it was only--”

“Let’s go.”

Before he could protest, or form a sentence, the teacher was already on her heels. He wanted to tell her that he found a student in the parking lot, but the teacher never really gave him the chance to speak. But what was his evidence, or more likely, where was his evidence to prove his words? Taking one last look over his shoulder, he followed the teacher inside.



“Masaki?” The teacher scrunched her face in confusion as if the name was alien to her. “We don’t have a student here with the name Masaki.”

“But I saw him earlier!” Sho repeated for the fifth time as he glanced towards his worried mother. “He gave me cookies!”

“I’ve already checked the rosters many times, Sakurai-kun. There is no Masaki registered here.”

“But I--”

“Sho.”

Said student turned to face his mother and noticed how tight her lips were, making them lose its natural pink color. He wondered what caused her to make that face, but he remembered mentioning how he had just eaten a cookie. Without his mother’s permission. “Mom, I really didn’t mean to. I was going to throw it away, but it tasted so good.”

“Let’s go home for today,” She says in an oddly calm manner. “We’ll talk about this when we get home.”

There was no arguing or protesting against her since he didn’t have the guts to. He didn’t want to see his mom get mad, afraid that she would be twice as scary if she yelled. But he didn’t know what she would look like; he had never seen her flare up in anger before.

Without saying anything, he got up and followed her. He ignored the other children staring at him with wide eyes, and their mouths hanging open to a huge O shape. When he saw them, he decided that this will be the first and last time he’ll ever get in trouble ever again. Besides, he never intended it in the first place.



“Am I in trouble?” He asked again when his mom continued to stay silent. “I didn’t mean to do it, mom. I really saw a student there, and he was real! I even became his--” Friend was what he wanted to say but he stopped. He saw his mom’s hand tensing as she grabbed the edge of the table, and how the color of her light skin paled. “... I’m sorry...”

“Sho, did I ever tell you a story of my past?”

Sho tilted his head to the side, confused as to why his mom was still so calm about all this. She should be mad at him since he had disappointed her, and was pulled out of work because of him. Her co-workers must be laughing because of her supposedly well-behaved son.

He shook his head. “No.”

“My father used to beat me when I was your age for being such a hard child. I never asked to be that kind of child for my dad, but it always ended up that way... I don’t want you to be like me, Sho. And I’m afraid that I’ll break down when I imagine you with a bloodied body because of me...”

He felt his eyes widen and his jaws dropping to his chin. “Grandpa did that?” Sho was surprised. His mother’s father was always such a great grandpa to him and he never expected him to be that kind of man. But what did his mom’s story have to do with all of this? Besides, it was just one problem and he was so sure of it that it will never happen again. All he has to do is prove to them that he really had met a student named Masaki. With that thought aside, he stood up and cupped his mother’s chin with his hands.

“I won’t do it ever again, Mama. I promise I won’t eat a cookie or get in trouble anymore.”

“I know you’re a smart boy, my son. Just promise me that you’ll continue being like that.”

Sho smiled. “Ok. Anything for my mom.”



Sho sighed as he kicked and smashed a few leaves with his red shoe. Despite what he had promised his mom yesterday, he felt his stomach rumble and his mouth water just at the thought of Masaki’s cookies. He tried to pry those thoughts away by shaking his head or forcing himself to think of his mom’s veggie or fruit snacks she makes for him. But it didn’t work. All he could think of was the strange boy with a green box in his hands.

“Hey! Lookie over there!”

The sound of a boy’s high-pitched voice shook him of his thoughts. He wasn’t usually interested in the other kids businesses or interests, but his feet took him towards that boy anyways. As he neared him, he saw that he was pointing his finger towards the school gate. When he was finally besides him, he followed the hand and saw what the boy had been pointing to: Masaki.

Just like the first day of preschool right when he was about to go home, he saw that Masaki was standing across the street. His huge eyes were staring at something, but it was now looking right at him. He noticed then that Masaki was not wearing their school uniform. If he was a student of the preschool, he wouldn’t be out there in the first place.

“I heard he’s an alien!” A girl besides Sho says. “He doesn’t speak Japanese well!”

“I also saw him there last night too, just standing there all night!” A boy from behind him claims.

“Does he even ha--”

The girl was cut off when they all see a man dressed in nothing but black stomp towards Masaki. Said boy looked surprised at first, but by the look of his eyes, Sho saw differently. What he saw was a little boy who was scared to death. The way Masaki suddenly trembled and shook on his feet, and how his face was beginning to pale showed just how scared he was. Before Sho could say anything, the man dressed in black had dragged Masaki with him.

Only a soft whimper came out of his mouth as he watched Masaki cry silently.

TBC