2/27/13 -- Advice (Part 12/14)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Advice (Part 12/14)
Pairings:NinoxSho, NinoxAibaxOhno
Genre:Fluff, AU, , Romance
Rating:PG
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1371
Summary:He decides to leave in the middle of Jun's and Sho's discussion.
 

 


Kazu hated the way that Jun guy stared at his brother as if he and him were the only person in the room as they spoke. On the other hand, though, he remained as quiet as a muted video game and sat there staring back at the man.

In his head, he imagined himself with a hammer, from the Mario games, and Jun was a turtle he was going to smash to death. He knows that right now, he is being an , but he couldn’t help it. That Jun guy really seems like a damn threat!

“Kazu?”

The sound of his brother’s voice interrupted his imagination, causing it to go away in an instant. He thought he was going to say something important, like he decided to kick Jun out, but instead was giving him a weird look. Kazu was about to question him why he was looking at him that way, but he realized when he looked at the man across from him. He really was put in a bad position. Literally.

In front of him, the man was leaned back into the couch, and covering his face with his hands as if he was protecting himself. Turns out, Kazu was in a position in which he was posed in a ready-to-attack position, and held out his hand like he was holding a hammer over Jun. Seeing this, he quickly pulled away. He wasn’t aware at all that he was actually reenacting his imagination, making it all the more unbearable to be in the same room as them.

“‘Scuse me,” Kazu whispered as he was ready to get up when his brother grabbed his wrist.

“Where are you going, Kazu?”

He sighed annoyingly although he really didn’t mean to. “I’m going to Masaki’s house! Don’t come and find me.”

Kazu immediately regretted ever saying those words. From the corner of his eyes, he saw that his brother looked at him painfully then it was gone in an instant, and so was his hand.

“Just... come back home...” Even his voice sounded painfully horrible.

But he couldn’t go back and he can’t easily erase it from their minds. Instead, he did what he thought was best and decided to go to his idiot friend’s house. It wasn’t that long from where Sho’s apartment is anyways...



The walk was actually long. It felt like he had walked more than 10 miles by the time he reached Masaki’s house, or maybe it was just because he was making it seem longer for some reason he didn’t know. Whatever the case, he headed towards the Chinese family restaurant and was able to spot his friend easily.

“Nino!” Came his friend’s unsurprising cheery voice. “You’re here!”

“Were you expecting me?”

“No~” Masaki blushed. “But I have someone I want you to meet!”

“Ugh,” Kazu groaned. “Don’t tell me it’s another idiot. I can only live with one.”

Masaki laughed, his huge hands coming down on his back. “No, silly. He’s from art club at school!”

“Oh, great. An introvert.”

After Masaki finished with getting orders down on his blank notepad, he clocked out of work too early from the end of his shift and asked Kazu to follow him upstairs. Their house and restaurant was not all that big, but for Kazu, it was always a maze in the Aiba home. Every time he came over, he still gets lost trying to find the bathroom and would sometimes end up in Masaki’s younger brother’s room, or the laundry room; he almost got lost in a closet. Though he was surprised that Masaki can find his way around with his brain.

“Ohno Satoshi, Ninomiya Kazunari,” Masaki introduced as soon as they entered his bedroom.

On Masaki’s bed was a student about the same height as him, except his skin was really tan and he was much chubbier. He looked like a child who spent his whole summer under the sun and didn’t care about getting skin cancer.

“I’ve seen you around,” Kazu said as he took the student’s hand and shook it. “Aren’t you the student who won some prize for this art piece?”

The chubby face smiled. “Yeah.”

“Cool,” Kazu nodded his head nonchalantly. “Much better than Masaki here.”

“Hey!”



Sho must be worried by now. It’s already past midnight and he should have been home before that time. He clearly heard him earlier that Sho wanted him to come home, but he decided to be stuck in Masaki’s house since he felt that it was the right thing to do. Or was it?

He was beginning to worry as well. What if Sho--

“Shut up!” He yelled, causing the other two besides him to jump in surprise. “Don’t think about that!”

“Think about what?” Both Masaki and Ohno asked him sleepily. “You havin’ dirty thoughts?”

“No,” He quickly denied. “It’s just... ugh, I can’t even speak about it. It’s weird.”

“Tell us,” Masaki insisted, a drool almost falling out from the corner of his lips. “Come on.”

“I can’t... It’s going to be weird.”

“Just trust us. We promise we won’t tell, right, O-chan?”

The both of them looked at the other student in the room. Turns out, he was fast asleep and was curled into a fetal position.

“Eh,” Masaki shrugged. “I’ll give him the deets tomorrow. So will ya spill?”

He pondered on whether he should tell Masaki or not. There might be possibilities that he will never look at him in the same way, and might possibly never be his friend. Then again, Masaki was his only friend, plus Ohno who he had recently made friends with. He eventually decided to tell him, but only half of it.

Kazu explained, using dummy names for him and Sho. He told him about how he felt ever since Dummy A had been having a crush on older Dummy B since he was young. He told him about the complications of having those feelings, and what it did to him as a child, but since summer started, everything has changed and the misunderstanding was finally understood. Or so he thought. With that Jun guy, everything was just complicated again. He was surprised Masaki stayed awake throughout it all.

“I see,” Masaki nodded, trying to look smart as he an invisible beard. “I think A should tell B about how it feels. Things will just get worse if A doesn’t say it.”

“But what if A tells B and things get worse?”

“Well, we won’t know unless A does it.”

“Uh... ok. I guess I’m going to go home now, then.”

“Aw,” Masaki pouted. “Sleepover.”

“Can’t. Sho’s waiting and he expected me to be home.”

“K... See you sometime.” With that said, Kazu left the two sleepyheads to each other while he left and headed home. He knows that at this time, Sho might be asleep for being tired of waiting for him.



Turns out, Sho was still awake. As soon as he unlocked and opened the front door, he saw his brother with a calm expression on his face, sitting in right in front of the door. Kazu jumped in surprise, seeing that his brother wasn’t mad, but was waiting for him. For how long, though?

“Kazu,” His brother spoke up, his face unchanging. “We need to talk.”

“No, we don’t,” He told him as he took off his shoes and headed towards his bedroom -- not Sho’s.

“I know there really is something up with you since earlier. I can’t--”

“It’s nothing, Sho!” Kazu yelled, trying his best to get rid of his brother. “Just leave me--”

He was cut off when he was turned around and was forced to face his brother. Sho still had a calm face on, but Kazu could see in his eyes that he was angry with him. “Tell me, honestly. Just this once, and I promise I won’t laugh,” Sho told him as calmly as a gentle wind.

Kazu knows he can’t back out now. Sho was already up on his business, and besides, he went home just so he could tell his brother the truth about what has been bothering him. So he opened his mouth and began with

“To tell you the truth...”

TBC