2/25/13 -- Jealousy (Part 10/14)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Jealousy (Part 10/14)
Pairings:NinoxSho
Genre:Fluff, AU, , Romance
Rating:PG
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1482
Summary:Kazu hates that feeling when he thinks of the man Sho almost slept with.

 


Kazu felt stupid for being angry at his brother without knowing the real reason as to why he was in bed with another man. He was immediately reminded of the time Sho finally showed up three weekends later, not knowing that he was actually taking cooking lessons for him. Anyhow, he concluded that he was just a stupid teenager who just wouldn’t ask other people for their reasons and ended up hurting himself and others around him. But he was glad that he was always on Sho’s mind, and it was the only thing he could ever think of as a reason to his brother’s actions.

“Wanna go home?” Sho asked shortly after the ride had finished. “You look tired.”

“Thanks to someone,” He scoffed playfully before ducking down to dodge his brother’s hand. “Yeah, let’s go home.”

The walk home was much more pleasant compared to earlier when they were nearing the carnival. To Kazu, it definitely felt more than two hours of aimlessly wandering around. When Sho talked, he would respond back eagerly which made the words out of his mouth sound stupid than what he had thought as he said it out loud. When he finished responding back, he closed his mouth using his hands as he whispered how stupid he sounded. But his brother didn’t seem to care and all he did was laugh as his hands were pulled from his mouth.

“It’s ok, Kazu,” Sho chuckled, “I don’t mind.”

“But I sound stupid,” He argued back as he covered his mouth again.

His brother paused without warning and he was suddenly standing in front of him. With eyes open wide, his hands were pulled down again and soft lips were placed on his.

“Don’t cover your mouth, Kazu,” His brother told him after pulling away and taking hold of his left hand. “I like that area the most.”

“I... ok...” He mumbled, deciding that he shouldn’t be so sensitive about how stupid he sounded. Besides, he said stupid, while sounding stupid, in front of his brother before. But it wasn’t until now that he felt like he shouldn’t be like that anymore since, after all, they knew how they felt for each other.

When they finally reached the apartment after quite some time, the first thing his brother did was attack and shower him with kisses all over his face and lips.

“W-what are you doing?” He asked nervously as he pushed his brother from him, although he regretted it.

“I-- Oh, it’s ok if you don’t want to, Kazu. I shouldn’t be rushing you into it.”

Just as his brother was about to walk away from him, his hands grabbed the back of his shirt. As he did so, he noticed his whole body trembling.

“Can we just... sleep tonight?” He asked shyly, refusing to meet his brother’s eyes.

“Of course, Kazu. My bed or yours.”

“Y-yours...” With that said, the both of them headed towards his brother’s room, forgetting about a quick dinner-breakfast since sleep was what they needed most. After they had changed into comfortable clothing, the both of them nestled into his brother’s bed.

Usually, he wouldn’t need the blanket since it was summer. But now that everything has changed, he insisted that he used it since he felt so different around his brother now. Just as he was about to pull the thin blanket over him, his brother pushed it away and instead placed his arm over his body.

“Use me instead of a blanket, Kazu,” Sho whispered, his breath tickling his neck.

“But--”

“Kazu, go to sleep,” His brother demanded to which he obeyed to. “Good night.”

He whispered a “good night” back to him before closing his eyes in hopes he could get a good night sleep. When he felt that he couldn’t fall asleep within minutes, he turned around and faced his brother’s clothed chest. He decided to watch it move up and down for a while and he felt that it was helping him fall asleep. Yawning, he put an arm around his brother too. Before closing his eyes, he looked up to see if his brother was still awake, but his eyes were closed shut. The last thing he remembered seeing was a soft smile forming on his lips before darkness replaced the beautiful face...



He was the first to wake up that morning, loving how they still held onto each other like koalas. This time, he wasn’t panicking like yesterday. Instead, he watched his brother sleep and hugged him closer for comfort. At times like these, it would be best for time to stop.

“Morning... Kazu...”

Neither did he pull back in surprise when he heard his brother’s groggy morning voice above his head.

“Morning,” He replied back with a smile.

Sho slightly pulled away to get a better look at him. “I had a dream about you.”

“Oh? What was it about?”

“Do you remember when you were massaging me a few days ago and I had a dream about you?”

He nodded his head. How could he forget that day when Sho looked worried sick about him while he napped?

“I didn’t tell you all of it and I might have lied...”

“Wha--”

“Let me continue.”

Kazu clamped his mouth shut in response, not wanting to waste time for his brother to forget about the dream he just had.

“I dreamt before that you were being taken from me, and I couldn’t do anything to stop that pained expression to show on your face. I actually didn’t get to rescue you, but the dream I had today, I was finally able to do it. But when you had that hurt expression yesterday, I knew I couldn’t rescue you then.”

“But you have me now, right?” Kazu asked shyly as his cheeks began to feel hot. “You did rescue me.”

“I know. And I want you to know that I will never ever let you get hurt again, you got that?”

“Yeah,” He grinned, but was unable to keep it any longer when his brother decided to kiss him again.



Sho had left for school a few minutes later, talking about how he had this paper due for this one class. After kissing him goodbye, he was left with nothing to do but mope around all day to wait until his brother came back at midnight. There was always his video games, but he never touched it in forever since he had put them away. He didn’t want to clean either since that was Sho’s job.

Having nothing left to do, he slipped in his brother’s room and decided to browse through his laptop. His brother was boring when it came down to games since he barely had any on his laptop either. All that was on it was his homework, documents, and a bunch of softwares he uses for school. But there was one thing he liked about the laptop: the desktop wallpaper. On it was the picture of him, without his brother, smiling widely, causing his gums to be visible. Sho might have been using that photo to look at when he was having stress, or something.

“Ah~” He sighed refreshingly as he leaned back on the computer chair. “This has really been the greatest summer yet, and it just barely started.”

It was true since he only moved in a week ago when summer had just started. It really was a good thing--

The sound of a small bell disrupted happy his thoughts; it came from the laptop.

On the bottom right corner of the screen was a reminder, or probably an email because it had an icon of an envelope on it. He leaned into the table to take a closer look and saw that it was recently just sent.

“Ma...” He pronounced out loud while he began to read the sender’s name. “...tsumoto... Jun...”

“Jun? Why does that sound--”

Oh, he remembered where he heard it from. Just yesterday at the carnival, he heard his brother mumble some name Jun, but he wasn’t able to clearly hear if he had said his whole name. But that Jun could be anybody right? There are tons of--

He shook his head, not wanting to find out which Jun was in the bed with his brother yesterday. Not that he wanted to anyway. If his brother already confessed his true feelings, why should he bother? Whoever that Jun was, he was just some dummy to use...

But am I Sho’s first kiss? He asked himself since he knows his brother was never in a relationship.

“Dammit,” He cursed as he closed the laptop and swerved the chair around to face the bedroom door. “I shouldn’t even be bothered...”

In the end, though when his brother came home, the name ‘Matsumoto Jun’ popped up again. Oh, how he hated the word jealousy.

TBC