2/22/13 -- Bored (Part 7/14)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Bored (Part 7/14)
Pairings:NinoxSho
Genre:Fluff, AU,
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1282
Summary:Sho was at school again, so that meant a very boring day. He had the option to play games all day, but he's just too lazy to set it up.
 


Kazu blankly stared at his hands, his feet, then his stomach feeling completely lost and bored. He could be playing video games at the moment, but it actually required him to get up and do some work. At least with Sho around, he would set it up for him. Too bad, though, since his brother had school. The only time he ever got up was to go to the bathroom, get a couple of snacks from the kitchen, before heading into his brother’s room instead of his own. Just because it was much cooler than his.

“Hmm...” He hummed absentmindedly as he buried his face in Sho’s cool pillow. “Feels so good~”

If his brother was home, he would probably, slightly, be mad at him for messing up his bed. Or so, that’s what he imagined he would react.

Back when his brother was still a first year in high school while he was still in junior high, there was a time he accidentally slept on his brother’s bed. He remembered being so dazed and sleepy when winter came that he didn’t care where he slept, whether it be the bathtub or some closet. Either way, his brother always found him in the middle of the night after a glass of water, or a short trip to the bathroom. Soon after, though, he became sick, which explains why he suddenly became so careless. While his brother spent half of the day at school, he spent it in his room, and whining how sick he was and how he hated being sick. However, he stopped the second day he was sick, realizing that resting on his brother’s bed was some kind of “medicine.” He would lay there for a minute staring at the ceiling they both shared during day and night. It wasn’t until he felt warm air hit his face did he realize he fell asleep, realizing a second later that his brother was watching him sleep.

His brother eventually never got mad at him for messing up his bed, or even scolded him a bit for being a mess whenever he slept or simply relaxed on his bed. Which is why he preferred Sho’s bed over his, back at home or even in his apartment. Even when he was sick, Sho wouldn’t put him on his bed. He would carry him from the couch, or wherever he was, to his bed and would tuck him under the blanket, making sure he was warm enough to sleep.

It was those days that he always preferred his brother’s care rather than his parents. But summer was also a good excuse too, since he needed to find a way to cool himself off. It was the only place he’d rather be in instead of standing near the fridge or swimming in a pool with a bunch of strangers who lived in the apartment complex. Sighing contentedly, he closed his eyes, hoping to surpass his boredness...

He felt like he was in the middle of nowhere, swaying along with what looked like five inches of grass dancing with the wind. As he inhaled the fresh air blowing past him, he opened his arms as wide as they can go, and spun in circles until he fell on the floor from being dizzy. When he fell down, however, he was transported to another area. Unlike the five inches of grass earlier, this time there were barely five inches beneath his feet. He could see much clearly and realized he was standing in front of a vast ocean. Without thinking, he ran towards it, getting his clothes and hair wet in the water.

“Kazu...”

The voice called him out with his gentle voice like the wind. It called him again and again realizing that it was coming not far from him. Turning around, he saw a man standing at the edge of the ocean. This man had an angel-like aura around him as he smiled and waved him over. Smiling back, he swayed towards the man as if he was flying over the water. As the man opened his arms, he was ready to jump in but failed when he fell face first on the grass.

“Ouch!” He yelped painfully as he opened his eyes and saw what looked like a wooden floor instead of green grass.

“Kazu?”

Upon hearing his brother’s concerned voice calling out to him, he was reminded of the angel-like man he saw earlier. Was I dreaming?

“I’m here,” He announced as he sat up, and was surprised to see that his brother was on the bed as well. “W-when did you get here?”

“Ever since I came home from school,” His brother answered sluggishly.

“But what are you doing on my bed?!”

Sho laughed. “This is my bed, you dummy.”

“I-- Oh...” He breathed in realization, remembering that he wanted to find a way to stop being bored. “... Yeah... But why aren’t you sleeping on the couch? Or my bed, at least?”

“I don’t know,” Sho shrugged, looking cool as he said it. “I couldn’t sleep with my brother?”

Kazu immediately felt his cheeks burn, swearing that it was much hotter than the summer weather. So that dream he had, was it his brother cooling him off? Sho did have a paper fan lying besides him, reminding him of the gentle wind, and the fact that he was sweating clearly showed on his drenched clothes, which reminded him of the ocean.

“Uh...” He muttered nervously, trying to find a way to cool off his burnt cheeks. “I... I’m gonna go...”

“Aw,” His brother pouted, “Stay, Kazu. I’ll cool you off like in the past.”

“B-b-b-b... Um... I...”

“It’s not like it’s the first time I’ve done this to you, Kazu,” Sho laughed as he made space for him. “C’mon. Just like the old times.”

But that was the problem. In the past, he had no feelings whatsoever for his brother so he didn’t mind sharing the same bathtub with him whenever they showered. Now it was different, but his brother didn’t seem to understand or even notice just how much he was nervously fidgeting like a nervous child who was scared to go on stage. He could always back out, and make up some dumb excuse. Or he can always say yes and let his brother fan all night.

“Yes?” He finally decided, hating how his voice became annoyingly high pitched at the end.

Sho smiled. “Good. Now, come, Kazu,” He whispered as if he was already asleep, “Let Sho fan you.”

Kazu clicked his tongue in annoyance. “Don’t talk to me like that. I’m already a teeanger!”

“But you’re still the baby in the family.”

“Tch. Whatever.”

The rest of the night was spent with his brother treating him like a baby who had just gotten out of their mother’s womb. But at the same time, he enjoyed it. Being with his brother like this really reminded him of the summers they spent at night, taking turns fanning each other on his brother’s bed while they spoke of interesting stories. However, his brother was doing the talking and the fanning simultaneously. He would normally be bored of his brother’s lame stories about learning something new or solving something difficult. In fact, he wasn’t bored at all. Instead, he enjoyed his brother’s lame stories as he stared at the ceiling on top of them.

As his brother’s voice turned into a whisper, his eyes began to droop, letting him know that his body needed more rest. The last he remembered was Sho wiping the sweat from his face with a soft towel before everything became sudden darkness.

TBC