2/15/13 -- Collar (Part 12/Final)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Collar (Part 12/Final)
Pairings:AibaxNino, AibaxOC, NinoxOC, OhnoxNino, ShoxJun
Genre:AU, Fluff, Friendship
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1673
Summary:The ride to find master was going slower. So with little female, I killed time to prevent me from being impatient.
 


I don’t know how long we have been on the road, but it felt like it was going to take forever to find master on this slow pace. Then again, I didn’t have to walk or tire myself like I did the past few days. Instead, I was able to get help from the kindest strangers yet who often urged me to eat or have fun, at least. And I did both just so I didn’t seem like I was taking advantage of the situation.

‘Mine!’ I laughed as the little female threw a small bag in the air. I caught it before she did.

“No fair!” She pouted. “It was my turn!”

‘Nuh-uh!’ I told her as I dodged her hand coming towards me. ‘I got it before you did. So it’s my turn now!’

After a few attempts of trying to get the sack back from me, she was unsuccessful. There was a moment where I almost got caught off guard but I still stopped her from getting it. When she finally gave up, I barked happily.

“Fine, just this once. You better not make it a hard place to find!”

As soon as she disappeared to where the older female and male were, I immediately went to work. I tried to put the small sack into a corner of the small area, right where the chairs where, but she would find it easily. The next place I tried to hide it was underneath the couch, but she could find it there too. So I took a short time to find out where to hide it when finally, I found one; I hid it as soon as she came out.

“Where did you hide it?” She asked me as I calmly sat down far away from where I hid it.

I knew she would look at the obvious place, which is a good thing I did not hide them there. She checked under the couch, near the corner of where chairs were, and under whatever obvious spots there were in the small area. Right when I smiled, because I knew I was going to win this round, she shrieked happily.

“I found it!” She claimed as she came towards me with the sack. “You’re a smart doggy, aren’t you? How could you possibly think of hiding it inside one of my jacket pocket?”

‘I don’t know,’ I shrugged. ‘But I thought you wouldn’t find it there.’

“I’m so jealous of your master now,” She said as she sat down on the couch and gestured me to sit besides her. “I wish I had a dog too.”

‘Then why don’t you have one?’

“If only my parents allowed me then I--”

She was cut off my something grumbling loudly like the moving house we were inside of right now. I realized then that it was my stomach, begging to be fed.

“Let’s go eat,” She said, forgetting about my punishment for losing the game. “You can’t travel on an empty stomach.”

I nodded in agreement. ‘So, what’s for lunch?’



Earlier, I thought the ride was going slow, but it wasn’t. Turns out, it was going fast. Just this morning, we were surrounded with nothing but trees and more trees. However, when I stuck my head out again, we were surrounded by huge buildings that could probably hold a million of me in there.

“Are you excited to find your master?” I heard her ask me as she, too, stuck her head out.

‘Yes, I’m excited!’ I told her. ‘I can’t wait to see master again!’

“You sound excited,” She said. “Is it ok if I meet your master, too?”

I turned to look at her. ‘What for?’

“Ah, it’s ok if you--”

I grabbed her hand with my paw before nodding my head. ‘Of course you can. Master would be happy to meet a new friend.’

“Really?” Her eyes twinkled. “Thanks!”

‘No problem.’ With that said, I stuck my head out again and marveled at the scene before my eyes.



Before I knew it, or even realized it, everything was beginning to seem so familiar. The route we were taking as well was the same route master and his family took to go home. When I figure this out, I wagged and thumped my tail so wildly against the couch I was sitting on.

However, the moving house stopped.

‘Huh?’ I stopped wagging my tail in worry. ‘Why are we stopping?’

“It’s ok,” the girl tells me as if she understand what I said. “We get off here, since I asked my parents.”

‘But--’

I wanted to ask her why, but I felt a cold breeze rush in, realizing then the door was opened. Right when I was about to go out, she blocked me from the door, and grabbed me. My head told me to fight back, but I didn’t.

“I actually wanted to bring you in myself,” She confessed, answering my worried thoughts. “So that way, I can meet your master.”

“Be careful out there, Sora,” I heard one of the older male and female tell her when she stepped out. “Bring him home, ok?”

I felt her breath on the top of my head. “Ok.”

As she walked towards the familiar streets, houses were starting to make their appearance. Every one of them were slightly identical to master’s house, but I knew very well which one was his. The more she continued the more I felt we were getting closer.

“Here it is,” She finally announced after a while. “You can see you master again!”

She gently dropped me off the ground leading leading to master’s house front door. When I was on my feet, I ran right away and almost bumped my nose right into the door from excitement. With all my might and strength, I barked and head-butted the door.Ok, that hurt, but I somehow needed to let them know I was home again.

When there wasn’t an answer, I did the same thing again, probably twice, when I fell onto something soft and warm. Surprised, I looked up and saw familiar eyes looking at me. The first thing those eyes did was grow huge before tears fell out of them.

“Masaki!” I heard master yell as he bent and swooped me from the floor. “I...”

Master did not continued speaking. I knew very well how he felt since I couldn’t speak either. The memories master and I had together started to rush in that I’m so sure I felt tears come out of my eyes too.

Behind me, I hear a shuffle of feet against the ground.

‘Master!’ I pulled away from him. ‘She’s the one who--’

“You’re the one who found him?” Master asked, taking the words out of my mouth. “I... How can I ever repay you?”

The female shrugged, but I saw a small smile form on her face. “Can we be friends?”

I saw master smile as well as he wiped his face with the back of his hand. “Sure,” He agreed. “Wanna go meet one of my friends too?”

I’m pretty sure she nodded, but I couldn’t see since master had already invited her inside of the house. Master, on the other hand, still had me in his arms. I thought he was going to follow the female to where master’s friend was waiting; I figured he was with master to accompany him. Instead, he asked the female to sit besides master’s chubby friend before he took me upstairs to his room.

“Masaki,” He mumbled my give name as he set me down his bed. “I have something for you.”

‘What is it?’ I asked him curiously. ‘A new toy?’

“It’s...” Master paused when he towered over me. I felt something choke my neck and then I heard a small click. When master was done, he faced me with a smile, the one I loved to put on his face.

“It’s a collar,” He told me. Despite his smile, he began to tear up again. “I’m sorry I left you again, Masaki, without telling you when I promised it.”

‘It’s ok,’ I said. ‘At least I found you again, master.’

When I thought he was going to cry some more, his smile grew even wider as he wiped the tears from his face. “Shall we make a new friend again?”

‘She’s already my friend,’ I told master. ‘But... ok!’

With that said, he grabbed me again and hugged me so tight that I almost lost my breath. Soon after, master, master’s friend, and little female were all playing around laughing and smiling altogether. From then on, I promise I will never leave master.



*3 months later*

It’s been such a long time since I disappeared from master’s side, but I managed to enter the strange place again. Just as I thought, the other two bickering dogs were still there, but they weren’t fighting this time. Instead, they looked oddly close to each other. I ignored that.

‘Ah~’ Sho was the first to speak when he saw me come from behind master’s leg. ‘So you found your master after all?’

‘Yep!’ I told him. ‘But today, it’s not about me. You and Jun will have masters too!’

‘Really?!’ I hear Jun speak up right after. ‘About time!’

“I like him,” Little female giggles. “I’ll take him in.”

“Then I’ll take the other one in,” master’s friend says as he points towards Sho.

‘Good!’ I tell them both. ‘Shall we go?!’

Both Sho and Jun were out of their cage by the time I suggested it. They walked and led the way, glad that they weren’t fighting as they did so.

‘Wait for me, you guys!’

‘Then hurry up, you pup!’ Jun hissed.

Sho growled. ‘Stop being mean to him!’

‘I wasn’t--’

And here I thought they weren’t fighting anymore...

END