2/13/13 -- Worn (Part 10/12)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Worn (Part 10/12)
Pairings:AibaxNino
Genre:AU, Fluff, (slight) Angst
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:529
Summary:I've been walking on and on that I lost track of time.
 


I thought about going to that strange place, back to where the two dogs kept bickering at night, but I couldn’t. That was not my home and master was not there to play with me, or sleep with me when I was cold. To be honest, I missed master’s friend too since he was fun to play with as well.

‘Master...’ I moaned sadly into the dark night as I continued walking to nowhere. ‘Where are you? I miss you a lot, master...’

Calling out to him was no use. I was in the middle of nowhere and all I saw were cars passing by me carelessly. But how would he hear me? How will I reach out to him if I was far away from him? There was no way my voice could reach him. It would probably take like... forever to find him if I kept wondering around without a plan! But what plan? I’m not even sure if I can make one.

Anyways, I went on without turning back. I’ve already lost track of how long I’ve been out in the open that I didn’t even notice the world turning bright, to dark, to bright, and so on. It might have been my stomach that made me stop when I smelt something so delicious from where I was stopped to take a whiff.

‘Ah,’ I salivated, ‘Smells... so... good...’

“Are you lost, little doggy?”

I snapped from the trance when I saw a small female standing in front me. I was about to run away from her, afraid that it was the small female from the strange place; I didn’t. The small female was not the one strange place. She did not squeal when she saw me but instead waved a small bowl in front of my face. I looked at it before I looked at the bowl to make sure she was giving it to me.

“Eat it,” She laughed, “It’s yours now.”

‘Really?’ I beamed happily as she set it down in front of me. ‘I--’

I couldn’t thank her since my hunger got the better of me. The food she gave me was slightly bland and weird tasting but it did enough for me as long as I was able to eat. It also gave me enough strength to try and find master again.

Once I was finished, and cleaned up the bowl real good, I was about to turn around when my legs wobbled. I stopped for a second, wondering what happened, then walked on again thinking that it was nothing. However, when I took a step again, I fell to the ground.

“Aw,” I heard the girl behind me. “You look tired, doogy.”

‘Tired?’ I sluggishly asked her. ‘Not... tired...’

But the yawn gave me away. I wanted to bite at her for lifting me off of the ground, but I let her anyways. I did not have the strength at all to move and she was right after all. I haven’t rested since I left the strange place, and I never stopped until I found master. One night without searching won’t hurt, right?

TBC