2/11/13 -- Lost (Part 9/12)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Lost (Part 9)
Pairings:AibaxNino, ShoxJun
Genre:AU, Angst, (slight) Fluff
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:835
Summary:The only thing that kept me from being lonely was the two dogs that bickered all night long.
 


It was my third night in the strange place when one scary man came towards me with an evil looking object in his hand. I didn't know what it was but I knew what it did when they used it on me. The scary object shut me up real good and kept me from desperately calling master's name, then it'll be real bad because master won't hear my voice. If he didn't then where would he begin searching for me?

I have never been this lonely before, and I wasn't planning on getting used to it. But the fence, I tried clawing my way through, kept me from running back to master and tell him that I'll never leave his side. The closest thing that stopped me from being lonely were other dogs like me. Some big, some small, and some who was as big as me. They weren’t master, though, but they entertained me at least.

On my first night, I met this Boxer dog, who goes by Sho, who used to be a police dog until the place he was working in, shut down and was forced to leave. I think he’s much older than me by a few years, or months. I don’t, I can’t tell. Also, I think on my second night, I heard him bicker with this dog besides him.

‘So your masters abandoned you too?’ He asked me as I silently sat down near the fence.

I shook my head in response since I couldn’t open my mouth to speak.

‘Well, I hope your master finds you or it’s--’

‘Don’t scare the new kid!’ I heard someone else hiss from the cage besides Sho. ‘He’ll lose his hope.’

‘Shut up, you Dalmatian,’ Sho tells the intruder. ‘I’m just telling him the truth.’

‘It’s Jun, you annoying police dog! That’s my name!’ The other replies back angrily. He seemed like the sassy type.

I ignored them. It seems like the two were so accustomed to each other since they fought like they had met each other before. Or maybe they just hated each other... I don’t know.

All I wanted was to see master. I wanted to see his face again and tell him I was sorry for leaving his side. Then again, I really didn’t since someone, or something, had taken me when I was chasing after him.

As the two continued to bicker, my ears perked up. It was footsteps coming down from the dark hall towards us. I ran around my cage, hoping it was master who finally came to pick me up. I expected to see his worried face popping up anytime soon, but instead, it was not his. It was the face of a smaller female whose eyes were shining despite the bright light, and whose huge smile reached the tip of her ears. Behind her, the male who put the thing around me followed.

“Ooh!” The smaller female squealed high enough to almost break my ears. “I wonder which--”

She didn’t continue her sentence and instead looked at me. Her eyes opened wide and her whole body was trembling.

“I...” The little girl began again, “...Want... that... dog!”

‘No!’ I yelled, but the thing around my nuzzle was keeping me from doing so. ‘I already belong to someone else! I can’t let you have me!’

“I don’t know,” The older male said, “Maybe he might belong to someone who forgot to give him a collar. I wonder what’s the dog doing outside the dangerous streets, running around crazy anyways.”

“I want him!” The smaller female ignored the him. “I want him!”

“Ok,” The male sighed, “Since his owner won’t pick him up anyways.’

“Yay!” She squealed yet again, making me put my paws around my ears to block her. “Yay!”

The male did not, however, take the thing off of my mouth. It was keeping me from wanting to call out master once they finally released me from the cage. I was about to attempt taking it off when I heard something: it was the sound of a door opening. Without a thought, I ran for it. I ignored the male calling me a crazy mutt and the smaller female crying after me. I don’t care about them! All I wanted was master!

‘Master!’ I yelled through the thing as best as I can, ‘I’m coming for you!’

And without even realizing it, I was finally out. Back out into the world without saying goodbye to the two bickering dogs inside of the strange place. Maybe they’ll make up later? Who knows?! I was ready to--

I was about to convince myself that I would find master right away. But I realized something. I did not know where I was, and I don’t know where to start running. All around me was so different and I couldn’t recognize my surrounding. All I saw were trees, a long road stretching from my right to the left, and the blue sky above me.

‘Master...’ I whimpered, ‘Where are you?’

TBC