2/10/13 -- Gone (Part 8/12)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Gone (Part 8)
Pairings:AibaxNino
Genre:AU, Angst
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1014
Summary:I should have pulled master home before it was too late.

 


There was I time I panicked when I woke up one morning realizing that master and his family was gone. I was so scared that they left me that I did nothing all day but bark and howl depressingly. Because I had done this, the people in other houses came knocking on the front steps telling me to keep quiet when I couldn’t. They didn’t know how miserable I was, you know. I really thought they left me when I heard a loud beep coming from outside, and the door knob on the front door jingling.

I remember yelling master’s name, crying and running towards him, as soon as I saw master come through the door. He told me to calm down, which I couldn’t since I was afraid that master would never come back home again. But there he was, my fur so gently while he told me he promised he will never leave again without letting me know.

It was a bright day when master took me out for a walk. He said I needed it, even though I insisted he stay in from the cold, since I was beginning to get a little big. I ended up going anyways since I didn’t want to make master have a long face.

For me, it wasn’t so cold but I felt myself shivering a bit. However, master was worse. Despite having so many layers of coats and sweater on, it didn’t seem like it would do enough. I saw him shiver under the layers of clothing, his face turning red from the icy wind, and his pace became slower and slower every minute as he tried to keep up with me. So I stopped from time to time to wait for master to be besides me again.

‘Master,’ I whined when I stopped to wait for him again. ‘I think we should go home now.’

“Keep going, Masaki,” He ignored me, “You need to-- Achoo!”

I jumped in surprise at the sudden and alarming sound. I thought it was something dangerous, but I realized master was getting sick.

‘Master~’ I whined again, pulling his pants towards the path to our house. ‘Let’s go home.’

“It’s ok, Masaki,” he told me through his stuffy nose. “Just one more, and--”

‘Master!’ I yelled when I saw his eyes droop down and his body falling down as well. Before that happened, though, I ran under master and caught him with my body. I may have toppled a bit on my legs, but at least I was able to save master.

“What’s happened?” I hear another voice come towards us. It sounded like a female. “Poor boy!”

‘He’s... sick!’ I try to tell the lady as I try to push master back to his feet, but couldn’t. ‘I think the weather made him like this.’

“Oh my,” the lady ignored me. “It’s the Ninomiya’s boy! I should inform their parents after calling an ambulance...”

Right after that, the lady walked away as she talked into an object. I heard her address master’s family name, but other than that, I heard loud sounds coming towards us. The sound to me felt so alarming and scary, since I’ve never heard it before, so I tried to get master up to his feet again. However, the sound came to a stop at the same time something in front of us stopped as well.

I barked when two male humans came towards us. I wanted to do something, to wake master up to get rid of them but master wouldn’t budge at all. As I tried to wake him, however, I felt the heavy weight on top of me disappear.

‘Master!’ I gasped when I saw the two men put him down on some type of uncomfortable-looking bed. ‘Master! Where are they taking you?!’

Master did not answer me. Instead of his voice, I heard a one of the male say that master has a very high fever. That’s bad right? I don’t know. As I ran towards master in hopes I could yank him away from them, instead, they shut two doors in front of my face. I yelled, trying to open the white doors but it sped away. I chased after it the best I can but it was getting too tricky the more I followed it. The were cars too, coming from the sides that I couldn’t move on to run after master. If I were to die now... I don’t want to lose master, so I shook the thought away.

‘Mast--’

I was going to call for his name when I felt something hold me around my neck. It stopped me from calling master and before I knew it something pinched me on my arm and the world was suddenly looking funny.



I awoke the next morning on a cold ground, probably master’s floor where I sometimes end up in in the morning. I had this crazy dream last night where master was taken away from me and I was taken away from him too. However, I couldn’t laugh it off. When I opened my eyes, I was somewhere I could not recognize. I was not, in fact, on master’s floor and neither was I in his warm home. Instead, I was locked behind some fence that my fingers could go through, but I couldn’t escape from it.

‘Master...’ I barked, looking through the fence and hoping that he would show up through something as long as it’s a door. ‘Master...’

He did not come through anything the next day and the next when I called for him. Instead, I received the silent wind pass through my ears.

And just like that, he was gone.

TBC