2/8/13 -- Approval (Part 6/12)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Approval (Part 6/12)
Pairings:AibaxNino, OhnoxNino
Genre:AU, Fluff, Friendship
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1026
Summary:I might have lied. I still don't like the other one.
 


Ok, I might have lied. I still didn’t like the other one. I tried to get myself used to him but he was the one who took master’s attention from me. When I tried to chew on master’s sock to get his attention, he wasn’t bothered by it at all. And I think that that sock might be the tenth pair I had chewed on this whole week.

‘Master...’ I whined as I pawed his leg. ‘Look at me!’

He didn’t. I mean I know master still knows I exist, but every time the other one was around I didn’t exist. I shouldn’t have brought him to the park that one day if I knew this was going to happen. Time had passed since I called for him, yet he still paid no mind to me. Instead, I walked away from them and sulked besides the glass door.

It looked so nice outside! The sun still shone on the grass in the backyard that it tempted me to go outside and play. I was just about to call master when I remembered that he was too occupied with the other one. Instead, I decided to play on my own. It’s boring without master, but at least I get to go outside.

I tried to use my nose to slide the door open, and my paws to at least make a hole or something. Neither worked. Instead, I walked backwards until I felt like the distance between me and the door was long enough to run on. As I started on my feet, something blocked my way.

‘Move!’ I demanded to the thing, but it did not move. However, just as I was about to hit the thing, it moved aside and I was out in the grass!

Did it work?! I asked myself as I jumped around happily. Did I open it?!

I am a super d--

“Hi, Masaki.”

I stopped when I heard it, a voice. It was not my master’s or older masters’ voices, but someone else. And I knew very well who it was. I quickly turned around to face him, stood firmly on the ground, and pulled my lips back.

‘Don’t go near me,’ I growled angrily as I watched the other one attempting to approach me. ‘Don’t you--’

I was going to tell him not to touch me, but I felt it. A hand, other than my master’s kind ones, was placed on my head. I wanted to snap at it, bite at it, and tear it into pieces, but I couldn’t do it, and I had no idea why.

“You’re a good puppy, Masaki.”

My ears went up at the sound of the complement, and without realizing it, the anger inside me suddenly disappeared. ‘Hmm?’ I asked curiously as I sat on the grass and moved my head to the side. ‘Whatcha tryin’ to say?’

“I know I shouldn’t have taken Nino from you, which is why I can see you hate me,” the other one explained, his hands continuing to pet my head. “But... I’m not going to take him away from you, OK?”

‘Of course not!’ I agreed. ‘He took me in first.’

“But I like you, Masaki because you’re protecting him. So it’s OK if you hate me.”

‘Why shouldn’t I? I love him!’ I told him as a matter of fact. ‘And... I still don’t know it I hate you, actually...’

In fact, I didn’t. Yeah, I disliked him when he took master from me, but I never got to hear his side, let alone had a one-to-one conversation with him. Then again, master accepted him into the home, like he took me in and cared for me with his small hands. He did make master smile, and I was actually happy to see master smile like that too.

‘Well...’ I pondered, trying to make the final decision. ‘You’re not that bad. I mean you made me that thing, which is by the way, warm since winter is coming soon. And you make master smile, like me!’

As I blabbered away, I caught a sight of master from the corner of my eyes. He was coming towards us, but stopped as if he didn’t want to bother the private conversation between me and the other one.

Besides, I initially decided to accept him last night because of master. So... what the heck?!

‘I like you too!’ I barked loudly despite of my poor voice. Oh, I can’t wait to grow up and sound strong!

‘I like you and master!’ I barked again as I shook the other one’s hand off my head. Without a warning, I pounced on the other one, causing him to fall on the grass. He looked so surprised of me!

“Ma--”

I heard master call me. He might be thinking I was going to attack the other one, but I didn’t. Instead, I stuck my tongue out and his face like I do to master when I was so excited. I guess after, I didn’t realize how much I slobbered on the other one’s face after master lifted me off of him.

“Masaki...”

It sounded like he was about to scold me when the other one stood up and shook his head.

“No, he was just trying to accept me,” he said, “I apologized to him and before I knew it, he was all over my face.”

“You mean...” master looked at me before he looked at the other one. “Masaki hated you?”

“Not anymore,” The other said.

Master sighed in relief. “Good, because I won’t accept anyone Masaki did not like.”

“Ugh...” the other one raised his eyebrow, “You mean you haven’t noticed since I first met you?”

“No... I--”

‘Let’s play!’ I interrupted since the exchange between them was starting to bore me. The sun was about to go down too, which is why I wanted to play now. And it seems like they had gotten the clue when the other spoke after me.

“Let’s play with Masaki, then!”

“Yeah,” Master nodded his head as he put me down. “Let’s do that.”

Soon, the three of us were running around the backyard.

Ok, I promise I won’t lie this time anymore. The other one was not so bad at all!

TBC