2/7/13 -- Reconcile (Part 5/12)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Reconcile (Part 5/12)
Pairings:AibaxNino
Genre:AU, Fluff, Friendship, (slight) Angst
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:720
Summary:I think master is beginning to forget about me. So I wonder, why did he bring me to his home in the first place?
 


I think master has forgotten about me -- well, except for older female and male masters. Every night, he always, always, left the door to his bedroom open for me every night. But tonight, as I followed him, he closed the door on me. Can you believe that?! It almost hit my nose, too!

I sat in front of it, whining and scratching the door so desperately that I left small and tiny marks on it. But of course, master wouldn’t hear me. He was speaking into an object earlier, and still is. When he was on it, he cannot hear me at all even though I barked so many times -- I got yelled at by older masters for it...

Did master want me at all in the first place? Was what I asked myself ever since he began to ignore me.

Everyday, after Mondays he usually came home, running to me as he asked if I wanted to play. Everything changed though, ever since he’s met the other one. Instead, he went straight upstairs to his bedroom, leaving me with my untouched ball.

I was about to turn away, back to my cold bed, when the door behind me opened. My ears went up at the sound of it.

“Masaki?” Master bent down so he and I were facing each other. “I thought you were with me? What are you doing out here?”

‘You closed the door on me,’ I pouted. ‘You... forgot about me...’

“Well, come in!” Master said anyways as he stood up and stepped aside for me. “My bed’s cold without you.”

When I heard that, my spirit lifted up a little. At least master noticed I was not in the room with him and that he invited me back inside. Did he notice this too, when I did the opposite to him yesterday? I don’t know really. It didn’t seem like he was affected by it.

But I did miss sleeping on master’s warm bed, even if I was gone from it for one night. I love it when he cuddles up with me at night as he tucked me under the blankets with him. The way master was so warm against me felt so comforting that it helped me fall asleep right away.

It was getting pretty late when master was getting ready to go to bed with me after he showered. I was so excited sleeping with him again that I yipped and barked all around his bed. Master laughed at me, and I’m glad he did. I made him smile again!

“Masaki, it’s like it’s the first time you’re sleeping with me,” Master laughed as he slipped inside of the blanket.

‘But it feels like it!’ I told him. ‘I’m happy that master did not forget me!’

As I told him this, the blanket under me was lifted up a little.

“Wanna come in, then?”

‘Yes!’ I responded. Soon, I was under the warm blankets again, being hugged by my master. It was so warm and comforting.

“I’m sorry, Masaki... I’ve been ignoring you for a while...” I heard master speak up right before I was about to go to sleep. “It’s just... the friend you helped me make... he’s fun to be with, just like you! And... it’s because I never really had real friends, I almost... I’m sorry, Masaki.”

I still don’t know what ‘friend’ meant, but I knew that master was apologizing to me. And since I can’t speak his language, I flipped around so my small body was facing him.

‘It’s ok master! Masaki still loves you,’ I told him sleepily as I put a leg around his arm. ‘Masaki... is...’

I really don’t know what happened after, but I know master had kissed the top of my head as he ran his fingers over my fur. But I had a good sleep that night, and the other nights since I will never ever go back to that cold bed again. Ever.



I decided to accept the other one. He really seemed alright and I was growing into the thing he made for me. It wasn’t that bad, and neither did the other one smell bad like a trash. I guess he is alright.

TBC