2/4/13 -- Mondays (Part 2/12)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Mondays (Part 2)
Pairings:AibaxNino
Genre:AU, Fluff, Friendship
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:703
Summary:I hated it when master didn't smile on the day where he's gone for half of the day. I miss him too, since I get really bored.
 


I’ve been in master’s house for about two weeks now and I’ve realized something. There’s always a day where he just frowns after waking up at a time even I don’t like waking up in. I also hated that day since he didn’t smile at all, and that was when he would be gone for half of the day; he’s always gone like that for four more days after...

Well, the day began with the older female master’s voice coming from downstairs. Her loud and shrill voice woke me up first before master stirs around his bed. Master keeps doing the same thing over and over again until he finally pops out of his blanket, scaring me half to death.

“I don’t wanna...” I hear master mumble, his eyelids occasionally opening and closing. Right at that moment, master’s smile was not present. It usually was on days he didn’t have to wake up so early.

“Kazunari!” Older female master calls again, causing my master to whine loudly.

I whined, however, because I was afraid that older female master would hurt master if he did not move from his comfortable bed. But that would mean his warmth will be gone, and I’ll be all alone on his bed. Either way, I told him to respond, pawing him with my small hands.

Master breathed. “Fine, Masaki. I’m only going because you say so.”

At his response, I smiled. Or I tried to since I really couldn’t copy master’s beautiful smile. Instead, I stuck my tongue out, pounced on him as he got up, and him right on his face. I figured that if I do this, I may be able to make him smile.

“Ah! Masaki!” Master giggled, the frown on his face disappearing.

It worked.

“Masaki! Get... off!” Master begged, but I refused.

I actually wanted master to stay home this time so he and I can play more outside. But master is much, much stronger than me that he managed to lift me off of him. I whined in refusal, but I’m glad I got master to smile for the day.

“Thanks, Masaki. You always put me in a good mood.”

‘You’re welcome!’ I barked back excitedly. But that only lasted for a short while. Soon after, master was gone. Off to a place he can’t bring me...



I was really bored. Without master, no one will tell me to fetch, rub my belly, or tell me that I’m a good boy. Older female master was home, though, doing stuff I can’t do with my four legs. And well... older male master was home too for a while to play with me before he had to somewhere too. Other than that, I was really bored. All I did everyday, when master was gone, was bathe under the sun.

I usually don’t know what happen next. I must have fallen asleep, was brought in my older female master then I would hear master’s familiar footsteps running towards me. That’s exactly what happened today.

When I heard master’s footsteps, I was immediately on my four legs. As he came running towards me, I see that he still has the smile he left with this morning. I guess I really am I good dog.

“Masaki, I’m home!” Master announced excitedly as he dropped the things he had on his back to the floor.

I ran towards him also, my ears up and high. ‘Master!’

As he and I collided into each other, master’s arms were immediately around me. I tried to put my front legs around him too, but they were just too small.

“Ugh, I missed you so much!”

‘Me too!’

“Geez, I hate Mondays.”

That’s when I learned a new word in which master was always gone half of the day. I don’t know the other words after that one, but I’m sure I might learn them soon, too. Anyways, I agree with master. I also hated Mondays.

“Wanna go play?!” Master suggested, something he always does right after he comes home.

I barked back excitedly. Oh, how I always waited for this.

Soon after, master and I were outside under the afternoon clouds, laughing, playing, and getting dirty altogether.

TBC