1/24/13 -- Pasta (Part 11/16)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Pasta (Part 11/16)
Pairings:OhnoxNino
Genre:Fluff, AU, Friendship, Romance
Rating:PG-13 (for language)
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1181
Summary:Satoshi decides to bring him home for a nice dinner date after the aquarium.
 


By the time they arrived to someplace Nino could not recognize, he was slightly dried up. However, that was the least of his concerns. What troubled him was that instead of a fancy restaurant or something for an appropriate dinner place, they were instead standing in front of a light blue house.

The place was indeed fancy as if it came out of those home magazines his mother reads. There were flowers of varied flowers serving as a bush on the front of the house. It even had a statue of an angel to the left of the front door. Other than that, what was on Satoshi’s mind? He was about to question the latter, but was pulled to the front door.

“What?” He heard Satoshi laugh lightly, “I’m not that rich, you know. And we’re going to be even since this is my house.”

“No way!” Nino gasped as he pulled back and looked at the house again. “This is yours?! And I thought I was the richest...”

“Come on in,” Satoshi invited him as soon as the door opened. “Welcome to my abode.”

“Wow,” was what Nino breathed in awe as soon as he entered.

As soon as he entered, he was immediately greeted by fine furnishings that even his family cannot afford. They all looked western style that he would be fooled to think it was an American home. Plus, they even had a fireplace with family photos resting on the alter.

“I’ll take you to a tour later,” Satoshi told him as he allowed himself to be dragged from the fanciness. “Shall we have that dinner?”

“Yeah...” Nino mumbled, still unable to take his eyes off of the furnishings. “That would be nice...”

If Nino had one word to explain Satoshi’s home, it would be beautiful. Yeah, he had seen the aquarium and it was beautiful too, but Satoshi’s home was much better, also because this was his first time to enter someone else’s home other than his own. But he couldn’t help but be impressed about Satoshi. He never really thought of him to be the son of a rich family.

While Satoshi cooked dinner, Nino watched him. He didn’t think he was a cook either, but judging from the smell, the latter really was the son of a rich family. Otherwise, it was entertaining to watch him cook.

Satoshi did all sorts of tricks. He flipped the pasta he was cooking, called Kazu a’la mode (he came up with it a few days ago while he was experimenting), in the air and caught it all into the frying pan like it was nothing. While Satoshi waited for the pasta to simmer and produce a wonderful smell, he cut vegetables in two minutes that Nino didn’t believe it was possible until Satoshi separated them. Nino really was impressed by it all.

Soon, dinner commenced. While he and Satoshi were taking a seat across each other, the lights suddenly dimmed by itself.

“Whoa!” Nino jumped in fright, wondering if the lavish house was haunted. “Did you do that?”

“Yeah,” Ohno chuckled, “I used a remote.”

“Oh. Yeah. I kind of saw that,” he lied as he sat on the chair. “It’s kind of dark now, don’t you think?”

“Don’t worry. I have candles.”

As soon as Satoshi put the candles up, Nino could clearly see his face in the dim light. Satoshi was a bit darker, but it didn’t stop him from seeing his face. Just at the sight of it, he smiled.

“What? Is there something in my face?”

Nino shook his head. “No. I’m just happy I get to see your face, even though it’s as dark as this room.”

“Hey!” Satoshi whined, although he seemed to have forgiven him right away. “I’m glad too.”

Dinner, specifically Satoshi’s cooking, was way better than his mom’s. It only took one single strand of pasta to enter his mouth and already he was loving it. The taste was definitely new, and it was all thanks to Satoshi’s dish. Without realizing it, he was already asking for seconds.

“Whoa, hold on, Kazu. I only made two servings,” Satoshi told him while he, unlike Nino, took time eating his pasta.

“Make more!” Nino insisted as he pushed his plate on Satoshi’s cheeks. “More!”

“Then shall we share?” Satoshi insisted.

“Yes, please!”

As soon as Satoshi moved over for space, Nino grabbed his used fork and was already stuffing Satoshi’s food into his mouth. Just like before, he did not notice that he had mostly eaten Satoshi’s food for him.

“Oops,” Nino muttered as he looked at the plate, then Satoshi, the plate, and then Satoshi again. “Sorry.”

“No, it’s totally fine, Kazu. It was meant for you anyways.”

“Oh, thank goodness,” He sighed in relief, glad that Satoshi wasn’t mad after all. “Because I--”

Just like the other times, Satoshi would steal his kiss without even him expecting it. To others he looked like a complete idiot with eyes open, plate and fork in midair. Satoshi then pulled away as Nino watched him his lips.

“Hmm... I guess I didn’t need much of the pasta since there’s you. It’s a good thing I called it Kazu a’la mode.”

“...”

“What’s the matter?” Satoshi cocked his head to the side as his face began to show worry. “Did I surprise you that bad?”

“I- it’s not that...” Nino shook his head as he put the plate and the fork down where they belong. “Satoshi... do you really like me that much?”

“Of course!” The latter answered. “I did take you out, barge into your house, and even kissed you some many times, didn’t I?”

“Yes...”

“Well, do you really like me too?”

“I do,” Nino confessed once more. “I like Satoshi a lot. But why me? There are other people out there.”

“It doesn’t matter,” Satoshi sighed as he grabbed Nino’s hands and kissed each fingers. “I chose you didn’t I?”

“You did... And I’m glad you did.”

Silence followed after, but it wasn’t awkward at all. It was as if, as they continued to stare into each other’s eyes, silent words were being exchanged. And it seemed as if Satoshi was asking him something he can clearly understand through his eyes. Nodding, he leaned in, giving Satoshi what he had silently asked for. As he did so, he pulled his hands free and s them around Satoshi’s waist as did the latter did around his neck.

“Sleep over tonight,” Satoshi whispered. “So I can hold you...”

He nodded his head once more, before Satoshi once again, sealed his lips in a tight kiss.

That night, Nino laid awake while Satoshi held him so close to his chest. He could smell the faint strawberry chapstick Satoshi applied before they went to sleep, and quietly, Nino inched up so he was facing the latter. Smiling, he pecked him on the lips while he silently promised he’ll attend school just for him, even if he hated going to that place.

“I’ll make you even more happy, Satoshi,” he whispered, “Just you wait...”

TBC