12/3/13 -- I Have Seen and Felt Love (Part 1)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Fall (Part 1)
Pairings/Characters:OhnoxNino, ShoxAiba, NinoxAiba, OhnoxSho/Jun
Genre/Rating:AU, Fluff, Romance/G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but this plot
Word Count:1918
Summary:The moment I saw him, I was flabbergasted. I couldn’t take my eyes off of his hips, the way it swayed so languidly and flowed like smooth ocean waves.


NINO

The moment I saw him, I was flabbergasted. I couldn’t take my eyes off of his hips, the way it swayed so languidly and flowed like smooth ocean waves. I wanted to talk to him then, and tell him how I admired his dancing skills, but I cowered away when I saw his a man approached him with a proud smile. So I left and I thought that I was never going to see him again…

“You are a coward,” Aiba Masaki, my best friend and dance partner, told me as we both took a seat in the cafeteria. “I never thought of you as a coward.”

I snapped. Of course I wasn’t a coward, but something about that man I saw last week made me feel that way. “Idiot,” I hissed. “I’m not a coward… I just didn’t want to interrupt him and his boyfriend.”

“Oh, so he has a boyfriend. You didn’t tell me this.”

“Well, I don’t know if they were together, but it seemed like it.”

“You’re quick to make assumptions,” Aiba laughed and gave me his banana. I told him before to eat his banana because it was healthy and nutritious, but he was just a stubborn idiot and refused to listen to me; I ended up eating it anyway.

“Look, all I know is that he was trying to audition for the upcoming ballet. Other than that, I don’t know who he is, or what school he’s from.”

Aiba smirked. Somehow, I didn’t like it because it looked like he had a plan. “I can find out for you,” he said.

“No,” I told him seriously. “The last time you did something like this for me, we almost went to jail for sneaking it at night!” Last year, I had a hard crush on one of the seniors and Aiba dragged me out in the middle of the night. He said we were going to drink until we couldn’t stand on our feet, but he dragged me to the ballet school and into the records office so I could “find out more about the senior,” he said. Before we even made it in, the janitor spotted us and called the police… I wasn’t able to sleep that night, especially the night before my most important stage play.

“You almost cost me my performance,” I said. “I wouldn’t have gotten paid.”

“You and money,” Aiba laughed. “But seriously, I can try and find out for you.”

I glared at him. “No.”

“But--”

“Do you read my lips? I said “no” clearly, did I not?”

Aiba just pouted and didn’t say anything else.

\\\♥///

The results of the audition came out today and everyone who I knew that auditioned came bustling out of their classrooms as soon as the last bell rang. I squeezed my way through the crowd and cursed at myself for being so short and skinny. I eventually found my way through and I immediately scanned for my name...

“I made it in!” I yelled happily. “I landed in the role!”

At last week’s audition, I was hoping that I would get the role of playing a female lead this time, since after all this was a male’s arts and performance school and production. I thought that I was never going to make it in the role because there were so many others with potential, but I got it! The play this time was about a prince and a simple peasant who fell in love with each other, but they couldn’t be together because of status. However, in the end the peasant turned out to be a long lost princess and they were able to wed.

I couldn’t wait to tell Aiba. I rushed past everyone, not caring at all how they scowled when I bumped into them. However, I skidded to a stop when I saw him again. He wasn’t wearing his school’s ballet uniform, but came in his school’s uniform. I was able to recognize it when I saw the insignia on his cardigan. It was that of a pegasus, a symbol for the private male’s arts and performance school and production not far from here. He was looking around cluelessly as if he was lost and he was talking to himself. I laughed in amusement and realized how cute he was.

Today, I wasn’t going to lose my chance. I decided to approach him.

“Are you lost?” I asked him and he immediately turned around, surprised.

“You were at the audition!” The man piped up. “I saw you staring at me last week.”

“Wha--” I didn’t realize it that the man had seen me at all! I felt embarrassed and I wanted to run away, but then I remembered how badly I wanted to talk to him. “I-I liked the way you danced,” I blurted out loud and it came out fast. Why did I feel so nervous all of a sudden? Even my hands were starting to sweat.

The man beamed. “Oh, thank you! I’m Ohno Satoshi, by the way.” He held out a hand. I was hesitant about shaking his hand, but I did anyway after I wiped it behind my thigh.

“I’m Ninomiya Kazunari.”

“I came here to find out if I made it in or not,” Ohno told him after they let go of each other’s hands. “Did you make it in?”

I nodded my head in excitement, but then I remembered who I was talking to. I brushed it off and said coolly, “I’m playing as the princess.”

“Oh! The second lead role!” Ohno exclaimed. “That’s amazing! Now I’m scared. I don’t know if I made it in…”

“What role did you audition for?” I asked him curiously.

“The prince,” Ohno said.

For some reason, I felt my heart flutter. If Ohno landed the role as the prince… I read the script during the time of audition and I remembered that the prince and the princess have more than one kissing scene.

“I-I hope you made it in!” My voice cracked and I clamped my mouth shut with my hands.

But Ohno heard it and he chuckled lightly. “You’re cute, Ninomiya-kun. I see why you tried for the princess role.”

If I could see myself, I’m sure I looked like a tomato. Aiba always said so whenever I blushed.

“So you were looking for the role sheet!” I exclaimed. I needed to change the subject when I could feel that Ohno was staring at me. “I’ll lead you there,” I laughed nervously and I walked ahead of him.


OHNO

I couldn’t get my mind off him when I noticed that he was staring at me during my audition, especially when it was his turn. The way he danced so gently like he was a fragile being made me sigh. I’ve never seen anyone with his skills and I wanted to know who he was. However, Sakurai Sho, my best friend since preschool, approached me when audition was over.

“How’d it go?” Sho asked curiously with a proud smile on his face.

“Well,” I said, but I was too distracted when I saw the mysterious man was leaving with a visible frown on his face.

“That’s all you have to say about it?”

I snapped back and turned my attention to Sho. “Yeah, I mean-- No. It went great! I felt like I was the prince for a minute.”

“Good,” Sho sighed in relief. “Now, wanna go and eat ramen? I’m starving.”

I laughed out loud and patted Sho on the back. “My good friend, you are always starving.”

\\\♥///


We walked into our usual ramen restaurant, expecting to see the owner, but we didn’t. We always liked it when the owner was around because he cooked amazing ramen, but instead we saw a younger man in the kitchen.

“Welcome!” The young man exclaimed. “Now, what will you two have?” He asked when Sho and I sat on our usual seat. I liked this part of the restaurant because we could see what the chef was cooking and how he made his delicious ramen. Once, Sho and I tried to copy him back at my house, but the ramen was either too salty or bland.

“Miso ramen,” I said.

“Soy ramen,” Sho followed after.

“Hey, what happened to the chef, by the way?” I asked curiously once the young man began cooking.

“Oh, you mean my dad?”

“He’s your-- I didn’t know he had a son!” I exclaimed in surprise.

“Oh, well that’s because I’m always at school. He told me to stop dancing and all, and that it was just a waste of time. He said that I should be taking over the restaurant instead, but--” He stopped and looked at the both of us with apologetic eyes. “I’m sorry, I’m rambling on again. It’s a bad habit… My dad’s sick, so I’m taking over for a week.”

“You mentioned dancing,” Sho said, surprising me that he was interested in what the young man was rambling on about earlier. Usually, Sho would be annoyed of people who always expressed their problems out loud, but he kept staring at the young man.

“Oh, I do ballet.”

His answer got my attention.

“What school do you go to?” I asked curiously and wondered if he attended the school I was just at for audition.

“Solaire’s Male Arts and Performing School and Production.”

“I was just there!” I exclaimed excitedly.

“Oh!” The young man turned around. “What for?!”

“I was auditioning for the upcoming play.”

“Oh, perhaps, did you see Nino?!”

I cocked my head to the side. “Who now?”

“Oh, then never mind,” the young man pouted before smiling once agian. “But my best friend Nino auditioned for the play, too, and he was hoping that he’d get the second lead role as the princess. What role did you audition for?”

“The prince. By the way, I’m Ohno Satoshi. This is Sakurai Sho,” I nodded towards my friend who was still staring at the young man. “I go to Vint Male Arts and Performing School and Production.”

“No way!” The young man gasped. “You go to such a prestigious school. I’m jealous! I bet you’re good at dancing. Oh, and I’m Aiba Masaki. What school do you go to, Sho-chan?”

I was startled at the how Aiba was so friendly right away. I turned to face Sho, but it seemed like Sho wasn’t paying attention. Was there something wrong with him? I nudged him and he finally budged.

“He asked what school you go to,” I whispered when I saw that he was looking at me angrily. I don’t know what for, but I think I may have interrupted him with something.

“Uh, I go to the same school. I don’t dance, I sing.”

“Oh,” Aiba giggled. “I wanna hear Sho-chan’s voice!”

“I-I don’t know…” Sho mumbled and I saw that his cheeks were tinged red. Oh, so that’s why he was staring at him.

I grinned evilly and encouraged Sho to sing, who then shot an angry glare towards me. I laughed out loud and kept encouraging him. In the end, he didn’t sing because he kept making lame excuses and our ramen was finally cooked.

\\\♥///

So this was the Nino that Aiba-chan was talking about last week. I grinned. I finally found the man who was staring at me from the audition and he happened to be Aiba-chan’s best friend. I couldn’t wait to work along Ninomiya-kun.
 
TBC